Who had a Kawasaki Z1, KZ900, or KZ1000?

postoak_imp

Been there
Thread starter
In line with the "Who had a CB750?" thread. If you've got photos, please post them.

Some of you may remember that I was going to have a nationally-known restorer make a KZ900 for me (it was exactly a year ago, October), but he never followed-through. It's probably just as well as I wound up with the excellent Yamaha FJR1300.

But, I still think about someday owning a CB750 and KZ900, despite all the people advising me not to! :s :D
 
Do you have a favorite year?

f652b53330af55cc17e1e0ea159b4c27.jpg



179460bf033a2a67860e307220558a8e.jpg



I'm waiting for the two-up pic of Ferret's KZ1000!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
With those lights and markings, it would be illegal to ride Markus's bike in the U.S.
The emergency lights have to be covered while riding and siren and lights must be disconnected. But the markings (Police, CHP aso.) are legal.
Shall not read „Polizei“ :D
 
Thread starter
It's a year since I read up on these but I think the KZ900 was 1976 only Before that was the Z1, then the Z1-900.
 
Frulk_imp said:
I wish I would have held up as well as that Kawi did over the years. :-/
You can get new repro hip and knee joints and heart valves and maybe some teeth but the rest would have to be new old stock.
 
hb9400_imp said:
Technically it's not mine, it was at the VJMC area of Barber's Vintage Festival.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A fellow co-worker owns the second bike behind it and the Eddie Lawson, also in the show. He won second with his Yamaha. I see that you are from Marietta as well. I rode there and will do that again but hopefully, in cooler weather next year. That was my first time at Barber’s Vintage Fest. I like the way they treat folks that ride in with easy access to the grounds.
 
HeavyMetalMech_imp said:
hb9400_imp said:
Technically it's not mine, it was at the VJMC area of Barber's Vintage Festival.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A fellow co-worker owns the second bike behind it and the Eddie Lawson, also in the show. He won second with his Yamaha. I see that you are from Marietta as well. I rode there and will do that again but hopefully, in cooler weather next year. That was my first time at Barber’s Vintage Fest. I like the way they treat folks that ride in with easy access to the grounds.
A fellow co-worker owns the second bike behind it and the Eddie Lawson, also in the show. He won second with his Yamaha. I see that you are from Marietta as well. I rode there and will do that again but hopefully, in cooler weather next year. That was my first time at Barber’s Vintage Fest. I like the way they treat folks that ride in with easy access to the grounds. Was this your cb I saw at the event? Its a great place to ride to for us in the Atlanta area, did it on cb#2 a few years ago. Took a truck this time in case I couldn't say no to a classic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Aman...I always felt the Dlx was very much like my 77 KZ 1000 in looks, dimensionally, and performance. Loved the big KZ, love my Dlx.
 
hb9400_imp said:
HeavyMetalMech_imp said:
hb9400_imp said:
Technically it's not mine, it was at the VJMC area of Barber's Vintage Festival.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A fellow co-worker owns the second bike behind it and the Eddie Lawson, also in the show. He won second with his Yamaha. I see that you are from Marietta as well. I rode there and will do that again but hopefully, in cooler weather next year. That was my first time at Barber’s Vintage Fest. I like the way they treat folks that ride in with easy access to the grounds.
A fellow co-worker owns the second bike behind it and the Eddie Lawson, also in the show. He won second with his Yamaha. I see that you are from Marietta as well. I rode there and will do that again but hopefully, in cooler weather next year. That was my first time at Barber’s Vintage Fest. I like the way they treat folks that ride in with easy access to the grounds. Was this your cb I saw at the event? Its a great place to ride to for us in the Atlanta area, did it on cb#2 a few years ago. Took a truck this time in case I couldn't say no to a classic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A fellow co-worker owns the second bike behind it and the Eddie Lawson, also in the show. He won second with his Yamaha. I see that you are from Marietta as well. I rode there and will do that again but hopefully, in cooler weather next year. That was my first time at Barber’s Vintage Fest. I like the way they treat folks that ride in with easy access to the grounds. Was this your cb I saw at the event? Its a great place to ride to for us in the Atlanta area, did it on cb#2 a few years ago. Took a truck this time in case I couldn't say no to a classic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No, I have a black '14. I was parked at the Porsche garages, I was told, across the road from the cafe' entrance. I think it is called Ace Corner. Had I known, I could have parked the bike where my buddy was set up at the display. the shuttle was convenient and often. I know what you mean. The swap meet was large and good stuff. Did you find something to carry back home? I plan to get a room next year and go for two days at least. I probably need to reserve one now if it isn't too late already. The ride for me was about 6 hours believe it or not and I hadn't gotten my seat redone or puppy grips at that time. The cheesy gloves I wore didn't help the numbing grip. Next year ought to be more comfortable. Still an awesome event for someone into vintage bikes no matter what.
 
HeavyMetalMech, There were a collection of bikes that were tempting in the flea markets. I was looking for a cb750/900F or a GS750/1000 but nothing was in as good of shape as this Kawi 750. I just didn't pull the trigger on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Do you have a favorite year?

f652b53330af55cc17e1e0ea159b4c27.jpg



179460bf033a2a67860e307220558a8e.jpg



I'm waiting for the two-up pic of Ferret's KZ1000!

lol here ya go, 1977 KZ 1000 bought brand new. Me and the Mrs on our way to Indiana for a Motocross race. Rode this to the track while my brother in law and sister hauled my bike and gear. Got there, raced, and rode this home. lol

cbfdb8ed1750bea4cb86bdd0f8711885.jpg

lol here ya go, 1977 KZ 1000 bought brand new. Me and the Mrs on our way to Indiana for a Motocross race. Rode this to the track while my brother in law and sister hauled my bike and gear. Got there, raced, and rode this home. lol

2d3f26f9fc8f7f0a9bc453e65df44da0.jpg


That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
hb9400_imp said:
HeavyMetalMech, There were a collection of bikes that were tempting in the flea markets. I was looking for a cb750/900F or a GS750/1000 but nothing was in as good of shape as this Kawi 750. I just didn't pull the trigger on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Had a 750 Zephyr many years ago, loved that bike! Doesn't look right with a chrome front fender IMO.
 
Back
Top