Who Had a CB750

I still own my 1976 CB750F (original owner). It has 126,000 miles on it. I put a big-bore kit in it for fun back in the early 80's when it had 56,000 miles on it. I parked it in my shed when I bought my 1998 VFR800. I will eventually restore it, when I get time.

1998 VFR800
2007 YZ250
1977 RD400
1976 CB750F
 
I still do...My '76 CB750 with just under 20,000 miles. Bought from the original owner 10/2008 for $2000.00!



debc4568501ea9b72148c858209b6fbf.JPG


c6a318370f8980e52e6cda719e1f6fd0.JPG



I wish someone would make a rack like the K & G installed on my 750 for the 1100!!
 
I just looked at your picture Damfino and, unbidden, an image popped into my mind of being a pillion on a gold one. My left leg was in plaster to the thigh and I had a rubber foot thingy to put weight on which I had to rest on the outside of the drivers footpeg.

Afterwards I had nightmares for years about what might have happened if that foot had fallen off, but hell it was good to be on a bike after months and months off.
 
Oh you stole that baby Damfino if it was in that condition, stole it.

I had one just like it, only with the fixed KG backrest instead of the adjustable one.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Oh you stole that baby Damfino if it was in that condition, stole it.

I had one just like it, only with the fixed KG backrest instead of the adjustable one.

Thanks for the comments guys!
I haven't touched it condition wise, ferret, except to add that K & G rack. That adjustable backrest has come in handy on some long trips! Yeah, I may have gotten lucky on that price seeing as that I bought it off eBay as well. As I said, original owner, original title, original warranty card, recall notice for the gas cap latch, and invoice from the dealer in Stillwater, Minnesota where he bought it new. (He lived across the Mississippi river in Wisconsin). Oh, I did replace the 1970's deep bucket, his & hers seat on it and removed a 1970's sissy bar. The seat was too ugly to save but I did keep the sissy bar. (70's nostalgia 'ya know. :D)


I forgot to add, shortly after I bought it I spent $1200.00 for a new set of pipes for it. (Still in my garage, haven't installed them yet.) In the past year, Honda has stopped reproducing them and now if you can find them they've doubled in price!! I may have found my down payment for a cb1100!! :D:D
 
That is one sweet looking 750 Damfino. You better hang on to it. Those things keep creeping up more and more in price especially in the shape yours is in. I would ride it. No way I could keep from it. Thanks for sharing the pics.
 
I owned this 78 super sport since new until 1984. I bought it back in 1986 and held on until 95. I still know where the bike is. Here is a photo after starting the clean up after buying it back.
 
New to the forum; old thread, I know, but I have an '82 750F SS and am about to install 900F cams. Looking forward to see the change. Thanks for the website, lots of good info, old and new school.
 
Not really a CB750, but in the 80's I owned a 1978 black CB550K, exactly like this one:



Unfortunately I don't have pictures of my own bike. :(

1988 I traded it in for a Yamaha XS650 with an EML sidecar.
 
Alas, the 79 CB750L was rolled out the driveway a couple days ago into a truck to be shipped to, Norway! Ebay buyer. Amazing what people pay in shipping for these bikes! I didn't get what i originally paid despite the amount of restoration i did. But, it had 2400mi when i bought it and 18000 when it sold. So, a lot of great seat time!!





With the old CB, it's nice to get all the attention and praise from people on the street, but the pleasure of riding a 21st century machine is unmatched! i'll never own another 70's era bike again;)

-Kirk Out
 
Almost all of the pictures show 4-into-4 or 4-into-2 exhaust systems. I wonder why Honda tried to sell 4-into-1 exhaust systems on their new heritage models until 2017?
 
I know this thread keeps expanding over the original question but have owned a few 750s over time.......

** 1978 Suzuki GS750EC (Suzuki's first DOHC 750) **
1980 Honda CB750C
1998 Honda 750 Nighthawk
1996 Honda 750 Nighthawk
 
I never owned one and, this is a bit off topic here, but I worked at a Honda Dealer for about a year around '03 - '04. The owner had a Barn out back and inside there he had at least 40 1970's era CB750's. This thread makes me wish I'd have taken pics. It was staggering.
 
Back
Top