Who Had a CB750

I had a '69 and sold it along with a couple of Kawasaki H2's to a fellow who was buying bikes for a relative in Japan. That was my first Japanese bike. I spent way too much money on mods when, in retrospect, I should have kept it stock and in my possession to this day. Oh well. I had another '72 when I was stationed in Germany but someone there thought he needed it more than me and stole it. It was an attention getter around the moped gangs of the time.
 
Saw another CB750 today during a rest with my bullet.
They are beautiful machines, especially when a rider is slowly passing by on an old CB and you see them in action.



Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Saw another CB750 today during a rest with my bullet.
They are beautiful machines, especially when a rider is slowly passing by on an old CB and you see them in action.



Wisedrum
Great pic Wisedrum
[attachment=8935]My pic disappeared...here is is
 
peterbaron_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
1976 CB750F, yellow
Martek 440 electronic ignition replaced dual points
Almost 40,000 miles of mainly commuting from 1976 to 1981
Oil, tires and chain were the only maintenance that I recall

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server...s/uploaded_images/honda-cb750f-4into1.com.jpg
SD, this is very lovely bike in yellow :thumbsup:
SD, this is very lovely bike in yellow :thumbsup:
45615ea904fb94a30be87b1ebca50137.jpg
 
2c3a0b6bd00504cac8a7d14c40e69084.jpg


Thank you Peter and thank you Cormanus for posting the photo in the link.
That is exactly how it looked new.
I changed the exhaust so the muffler would not drag riding it off a steep curb and made a custom rack for the cowling at the rear of the seat, suitable to strap on light luggage.

Got to look through the photo albums someday.
 
Some older CB Hondas, like 1969 CB750KO had a cap incorporated with R- side cover.
What was that cap for, was the R-side cover kind of fluid container???. Never had old Honda.
 
Oil. They had a separate oil tank.
 
Between 1998 and 2012 I was “into” early CB750’s and restored/rode/bought/sold around 50 early models, including 15 of the sandcast engined 1969 models. Shipped bikes all over the world, and bought and sold exquisite rare parts daily on eBay. I usually took them completely apart down to every little nut and bolt, zinc plated all the fasteners, and was careful as to being VERY correct original based on serial numbers. I enjoyed playing with them like a kid with LEGO’s.
Took 1st Place at many big shows including twice at Mid-Ohio VMD.
It was fun until prices for rare parts got out of control; an original ducktail seat could cost $2000 (early nos exhaust sets from Japan cost $3500) when I said goodbye to that. I did ride all the bikes, including the $25,000 restorations. I was VERY particular for original paint and nice original tanks were EXTREMELY difficult to source; usually trades were the only resort. I could replicate patina and make a resto look like unrestored by mixing and matching parts. I’d have a half dozen bikes all apart and build a couple real nice bikes. I built 1 sandcast completely from new old stock parts including candy bodywork and the motor had all new parts throughout. That bike was built over 3 years and every single part was MAILED to me from individual pieces. I was afraid to start it because it never had gas in the tank, Carbon in the pipes etc. it sure sparkled.
My garage usually had 3 nice examples to ride.
I also built some cafe racers
This was my daily rider for many years; a 1969 sandcast in Candy Gold. It would go if you had a loooong straightaway an honest 120 mph!
Some were on display in my living room like this very early vin # sandcast
 
Desert viper_imp said:
What beautiful bikes you had 736cc!

Indeed


And anyone who doesn't think RLET's belong on CB's should look closely at the levers on these museum quality bikes. CB's were born to wear RLET's. Tradition and heritage baby!
 
Back
Top