Who Had a CB750

Thread starter
Do you think if Honda had stuck closer to the originals, they would have sold, even tho I love the latest styling.
Your 2000 model looks closer to todays models, but the older 70, s were just perfection to look at and ride.
My old friend of 50yrs came to have a look at the new bike, he loves it to bits, got a feeling there will be two of us in our area soon.
 
I still have my '93 CB750 which I bought new. I split my riding time pretty evenly between the CB750 and the CB1100.

I think my favorite CB750 was the '79 CB750F SuperSport in silver and blue.
 
I have actually had 3 blue 93 Nighthawk 750's. The first one lasted me oh........8 days and I totaled it. The insurance company gave me a new one. And then I bought this one in 2012 and then traded it for my CB1100.
ed595250502c72af6cead7d2970e7cd1.jpg
 
TINK_imp said:
1992 CB750. I put 57K on this bike :celebrate:
Tink, do you remember what fly screen that is? That looks like it is a very nice balance of knocking some wind off while not looking like a winshield at the same time. Thanks. I dont have a 750 yet but will have one mid next week.
 
TINK_imp said:
1992 CB750. I put 57K on this bike :celebrate:
TINK,

That is one nice bike. In '93 I wouldn't have given it a second look as that became the "Year of the 'Blade" for me. Funny how time changes the look of things.

By the way, you are looking almost as sharp as the bike in that retro-cool gear.

Cheers, :beerchug:
 
Mick65_imp said:
Do you think if Honda had stuck closer to the originals, they would have sold, even tho I love the latest styling.
Your 2000 model looks closer to todays models, but the older 70, s were just perfection to look at and ride.
My old friend of 50yrs came to have a look at the new bike, he loves it to bits, got a feeling there will be two of us in our area soon.
I love the fact that Honda did not attempt to recreate any one particular model with the CB1100. I really like the early 70's CBs, and if I wanted a bike that looked just like that, I'd buy an original. I also happen to dig the CB750F, CB900F and CB1100F models from the early 80's as well. Much like these older designs, the CB1100 appeals to me in similar, yet different ways. To me, it stands out as its own machine, and that is the beauty of its design.

Another great thing about the 70's era CB750s is that Honda sold a lot of them and they are still fairly easy to find, although it is getting harder and harder to find examples that haven't been cafe'd or ratted out. The later super sport models are a bit harder to locate.
 
I had two of later 91 on - CB750s. I never had one of the early ones but had a lot of Suzuki UJMs in that era.
It is kind a funny the way I got my first blue one.
When I worked at a large Honda dealer in the late 80s early 90s
they brought one around and let the employees test ride one. ( that
didn't happen very often) I think I had a Yamaha Frazor or a PC800
at the time. I remember telling my self it was alright but didn't seem to stand out in any one area.
A few years later when I tried to start my own shop I needed to get out from under my gold wing payments to put money in my new store. I still needed a bike ,after all I was starting a motorcycle Acc.
store. I found a girl selling a used one. Almost new , blue and in perfect shape. It served me well as a do anything bike and made a
great display mule for a couple of years.
What is embarrassing is that when I bought it I never even noticed
it was a Ca. model with a can on it. - It did get good gas mileage though.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
1992 CB750. I put 57K on this bike :celebrate:
Tink, do you remember what fly screen that is? That looks like it is a very nice balance of knocking some wind off while not looking like a winshield at the same time. Thanks. I dont have a 750 yet but will have one mid next week.
Tink, do you remember what fly screen that is? That looks like it is a very nice balance of knocking some wind off while not looking like a winshield at the same time. Thanks. I dont have a 750 yet but will have one mid next week.
The fly screen is from the Honda 919 accessory catalog. I painted the back of the screen black and did some small modifications to make it fit the CB750. Worked great for keeping wind off your chest at freeway speeds.

TINK
 
I miss my 1978 cb750 and I really enjoyed semi restoring it with an upgraded dual front disc setup .. I wasn't able to find a replacement 4-4 exhaust for my rusted ones so used the headers from a later cb750f and the muffler from a blackbird cb1100x that was lying around and fitted well .. The can looked weird don't look but had a nice bassy sound .. I really loved the nice wide handlebars and ergonomics

188d9082ba9ff0713a46cb184f8662e5.jpg


bfe0c1a23fcba494e30992e0147dbe2e.jpg


2419fae9abec71ba77b6ff8ad1b16a20.jpg


Before the exhaust mod
f7660691bfdbbc2397f0fd60c09904aa.jpg
 
Back
Top