Whitehouse Kit

Henrik_imp

Been there
Thread starter
With the Swiss Franc having suddenly strengthened a lot since the Swiss National Bank removed the peg to the EUR, buying things from abroad has suddenly become very interesting for me. Ever since I bought my CB1100EX last year, I have been looking at the full Whitehouse kit. I am now seriously considering going for it!



Does anybody on here have any experience with the kit? How was it to put on, and what was the quality like?

Thank you for any feedback.
 
ACK had one. Drop dead gorgeous it was.
 
I've been looking to restore my old 74 cb750k.. But my god parts are becoming extremely expensive for it. I did a 50 over kit on my stock motor, and for all the green bearings it ran me over 300 bucks!
 
Over the top on quality, fit and finish. The whole kit went together in a couple days. Everything went really smooth and was a blast to put together. Came out so nice I was worried about riding it!
Part 1:
White House project started
Part 2:
White House - Gold

My gold kit ended up in England, I got a note he had it together but that was a long time ago and the last news I got.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ack! That looks great indeed. I haven't made up my mind yet, and am not really in any hurry, but a blue one like in my picture above is what I am thinking of doing.

The only problem is that I really like the way mine looks now, a stock black EX. I suppose the advantage with this kit is that I can always put everything back again if I want.
 
For a lot less money, probably 1/10 the price of the Whitehouse conversion, you could have your stock tank, side covers and headlight bucket custom painted and attain most of the look while retaining all the stock parts. I've seen a couple done like this and they looked quite good. Not as good as the whitehouse kit, but still, very good.

 
Thread starter
Ferret, I have thought about that as well. At the end of the day, it is not really a money issue though. Like I said, I really like the look of the stock bike, and am happy to keep it. The WhiteHouse kit is something else, as it really would make the bike look like a CB750. Probably what attracts me the most is the shape of the tank they have achieved.

Well, I am not in a hurry on this one. As I am planning on going to Japan in late spring, I might just wait until then and pay a visit to WhiteHouse to try and see one of their bikes to see if it is indeed what I want. It's funny but with the CB1100EX, I think it just looks so much better in real life than on pictures, and it was not until I had actually been able to properly see it that I was convinced that this was the bike.

That said, the comments from Ack has certainly convinced me of the quality of the product!
 
If I won the lottery, and was a bit more looney over the bike, I can see getting three or four CB's. Keep one stock, Whitehouse one, café another - you get the picture. I've seen some really nice work done on this bike; but I'm not willing to give up my stock bike. It works too well as it (except for minor niggles that I have addressed like the seat and mirrors).

Then again, I've seen some nice customs based on older Guzzi's and the new R9T that would make great day toys too.

I can barely keep three bikes running so who am I kidding. I'll just drool over what you guys post and keep my day job.
 
Thread starter
Ack, I am in Switzerland, so mine is a 2014 EX which means silver engine and spoke wheels. Seriously, if I got the kit my bike would look exactly like the blue one I posted at the top.
 
Henrik_imp said:
Ack, I am in Switzerland, so mine is a 2014 EX which means silver engine and spoke wheels. Seriously, if I got the kit my bike would look exactly like the blue one I posted at the top.
If you buy all the parts, exactly. That ones only missing the Gauge pods which weren't out at that time.
That one has the high seat option, mine was the low.
Rboe_imp said:
If I won the lottery, and was a bit more looney over the bike, I can see getting three or four CB's. Keep one stock, Whitehouse one, café another - you get the picture. I've seen some really nice work done on this bike; but I'm not willing to give up my stock bike. It works too well as it (except for minor niggles that I have addressed like the seat and mirrors).

Then again, I've seen some nice customs based on older Guzzi's and the new R9T that would make great day toys too.

I can barely keep three bikes running so who am I kidding. I'll just drool over what you guys post and keep my day job.
It's taking all my control......................not to!
 
The ferret_imp said:
For a lot less money, probably 1/10 the price of the Whitehouse conversion, you could have your stock tank, side covers and headlight bucket custom painted and attain most of the look while retaining all the stock parts. I've seen a couple done like this and they looked quite good. Not as good as the whitehouse kit, but still, very good.



Now, that's good looking too.
 
Thread starter
I don't really like that one myself. I find it a bit "confused" in that I feel the modern shape of of CB1100 is better suited for the colors Honda have given it. That blue look works with the old shape though. But I can't really explain it, it is just personal opinion.
 
If a person wanted to accomplish something similar on a less extravagant budget, I'll bet he could buy the tank alone ($1,800 vs $5,200 for the full kit)...buy '14 deluxe side covers (if he didn't already have them)...and then have the covers, along with the headlight bucket and ears, painted to match the tank. Buy some small reflectors and mount them to the headlight bracket, pick up a Tiro seat (or just stick with the stock '14 seat), add the cheap fork gaiters, and find badges for the side covers.

With all that I suspect the average onlooker would be hard-pressed to notice the differences. And if you did it starting with a '14 Deluxe, and adding $500 on paint and maybe $200 for miscellaneous items, you're still at less than half-price.
 
Henrik_imp said:
I don't really like that one myself. I find it a bit "confused" in that I feel the modern shape of of CB1100 is better suited for the colors Honda have given it. That blue look works with the old shape though. But I can't really explain it, it is just personal opinion.
I agree, Henrik, for what that's worth. The more angular lines of the CB1100's tank and side covers just don't seem to look as good with the CB750 paint job. The Whitehouse kit, on the other hand, suits it to a tee.
 
Back
Top