GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Spankin' Bazbro. You get alotta conversation around this beast I reckon.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Not intending to criticize at all ...Bazbro_imp said:From this, sad, dejected, damaged, unloved...
![]()
To this... Cinderella, resplendent and ready to go to the Ball...!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Just a shame it wasn't a nice, sunny day. Later...
I'm away until next week, but then it will be taxed, insured and filled with fuel...![]()
Oooo, good eye (well, maybe two) - as always Ferret.The ferret_imp said:Simply gorgeous
And another angel gets their wings :angel:
a!peterbaron_imp said:Not intending to criticize at all ...Bazbro_imp said:From this, sad, dejected, damaged, unloved...
![]()
To this... Cinderella, resplendent and ready to go to the Ball...!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Just a shame it wasn't a nice, sunny day. Later...
I'm away until next week, but then it will be taxed, insured and filled with fuel...![]()
...but I would like to know what went wrong with the original fender's R-side bracket as seen from the front?
This bracket is bent, fender is off center and drifting to the R side.

No, Tommy - it's a seat from Wemoto, and I think better than the other seat available (from Samurider) - more authentic and 'lower' for the rider.tommymck_imp said:That's what we were waiting for!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!
Is that the stock seat? I'm surprised it fit if it is. My '17 seat didn't work with the tank.

a!Bazbro_imp said:a!peterbaron_imp said:Not intending to criticize at all ...Bazbro_imp said:From this, sad, dejected, damaged, unloved...
![]()
To this... Cinderella, resplendent and ready to go to the Ball...!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Just a shame it wasn't a nice, sunny day. Later...
I'm away until next week, but then it will be taxed, insured and filled with fuel...![]()
...but I would like to know what went wrong with the original fender's R-side bracket as seen from the front?
This bracket is bent, fender is off center and drifting to the R side.
Not intending to criticize at all ...
...but I would like to know what went wrong with the original fender's R-side bracket as seen from the front?
This bracket is bent, fender is off center and drifting to the R side.
Ha ha! Well-spotted, Peter!
In short, EVEYTHING went wrong for me. As I said, I am not a metalworker, so this was all new for me. The brackets as they came were.bent, to fit the CB750. I had to straighten, then rebend, in order to get them to even remotely fit. It became a nightmare, trying to bend/straighten/bend again, in my little vice (vise) where I couldnt even get the bracket properly INTO.the vice! The other problem is that the holes didn’t line up, the bracket was too small one side, trying to keep the mudguard from twisting (ie the top twisting to the left while the bottom to the right) and so on. As I said, this was all new to me.
Yeah, it's not perfect, I don't really like it, but unless you give it very.close inspection, you wouldn't notice. I probably will do it again - I dropped it and put a dent in.the darned thing, so that will constantly trouble me. When I do it again, I will make (have made, more likely!), two brackets that fit the forks, cut off most of the mudguard brackets, and then rivet them together in situ. That should give the perfect finish.
No, Tommy - it's a seat from Wemoto, and I think better than the other seat available (from Samurider) - more authentic and 'lower' for the rider.tommymck_imp said:That's what we were waiting for!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!
Is that the stock seat? I'm surprised it fit if it is. My '17 seat didn't work with the tank.![]()




Nice insight Lash. I would have never thought that.lash_imp said:The original cb750’s were offset 3mm as well so you are actually closer to original than if it was centered!
...hmm, wasn't that mis-alignment covered under Honda recall??lash_imp said:The original cb750’s were offset 3mm as well so you are actually closer to original than if it was centered!

Great info, thanks, Lash.lash_imp said:Actually it is the front wheel hub on the diecast 1970-1976 750’s that are trued up 3-4 mm offset to the left to allow for a second disk brake. This was to allow Honda to race in the production road racing in the U S., dual disks being a requirement.

If it gives you something to do, knock yourself out, but my gosh, I checked back to your pic and I don't see it at all. My first reaction when I saw that specific picture was how much nicer that fender looks than the stock one.Bazbro_imp said:Thanks, Cormanus and all you other guys for your kind comments.
This mudguard (fender) is really troubling me. I've been stung by the fact that it's faults are actually noticeable. It does work... sort of. But it's not right and I must deal with it.
Currently, I plan to make a template from the existing CB1100 mudguard brackets, then see how I can marry that up to another CB750 mudguard. That's the plan anyway! A better, more.professional fit is what I'm aiming for.
If it gives you something to do, knock yourself out, but my gosh, I checked back to your pic and I don't see it at all. My first reaction when I saw that specific picture was how much nicer that fender looks than the stock one.tommymck_imp said:If it gives you something to do, knock yourself out, but my gosh, I checked back to your pic and I don't see it at all. My first reaction when I saw that specific picture was how much nicer that fender looks than the stock one.Bazbro_imp said:Thanks, Cormanus and all you other guys for your kind comments.
This mudguard (fender) is really troubling me. I've been stung by the fact that it's faults are actually noticeable. It does work... sort of. But it's not right and I must deal with it.
Currently, I plan to make a template from the existing CB1100 mudguard brackets, then see how I can marry that up to another CB750 mudguard. That's the plan anyway! A better, more.professional fit is what I'm aiming for.
