Whitehouse K17 mods...

Bazbro_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Are you adding fuel in any method? Removing the cats will lean out the mixture...and these bikes run lean enough as is.
I'm not removing the catalysers, PD.
The Wyvern paperwork shows a picture of a catalyser along with the exhaust pics, which I'm assuming is fitted, because the paperwork also includes a Certificate (of Conformity?). It's all in Japanese at the moment, but I'll translate it tomorrow.

It's just the O2 Sensors that I'm not fitting, as per the Forum discussion link. I know it might be controversial, but I've read the evidence and, as it's VERY common to remove these Sensors (on a great many different 'bikes. with corresponding smoother running) I think it worth doing.
(And I've just noticed that I mis-wrote "dissembling" instead of "disassembling" in my write-up - a very important difference! I can't edit it out now...) Red Face
I'm sure I've read other 2017MY (an on) owners not getting any benefit from the 02 sensor delete on this forum? Can anyone else recall those posts? Found it, link below.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6988&page=14&highlight=eliminator+kit
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Are you adding fuel in any method? Removing the cats will lean out the mixture...and these bikes run lean enough as is.
I'm not removing the catalysers, PD.
The Wyvern paperwork shows a picture of a catalyser along with the exhaust pics, which I'm assuming is fitted, because the paperwork also includes a Certificate (of Conformity?). It's all in Japanese at the moment, but I'll translate it tomorrow.

It's just the O2 Sensors that I'm not fitting, as per the Forum discussion link. I know it might be controversial, but I've read the evidence and, as it's VERY common to remove these Sensors (on a great many different 'bikes. with corresponding smoother running) I think it worth doing.
(And I've just noticed that I mis-wrote "dissembling" instead of "disassembling" in my write-up - a very important difference! I can't edit it out now...) Red Face
I'm sure I've read other 2017MY (an on) owners not getting any benefit from the 02 sensor delete on this forum? Can anyone else recall those posts? Found it, link below.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6988&page=14&highlight=eliminator+kit
I'm sure I've read other 2017MY (an on) owners not getting any benefit from the 02 sensor delete on this forum? Can anyone else recall those posts? Found it, link below.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6988&page=14&highlight=eliminator+kit
I thought long and hard about this, Tev.
The sensors on the Wyverns are right up, under the engine, on the crosspieces between the pipes - IMPOSSIBLE to get at without dropping the system.
I only want to do this job once, so... As these sensors seem only for slow-running testing exhaust (a la VW!) but their removal actually improves slow speed control, I made my decision now rather than later. It may be that their removal makes no difference, but... :rolleyes:

Here is the positioning of the sensors on the Wyverns...

fecd209b2f42221e1b6714254a551113.jpg
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Is it unreasonable to add a heat tolerant connector to each of them in case one wishes to reconnect them?
Just bolt the O2 sensors in place, leave the wiring in situ as normal, but with the plug ends safely covered and secured up behind the side covers.
Then you could reconnect up the sensors by plugging the wiring back in, without stripping everything down.

Dunno what to do about these yet. I have the Eliminators ready.
 
The 2013 / 2014 eliminators did NOT work on my 2017 but I think that a newer made 2017 eliminator could work but I am not certain.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Are you adding fuel in any method? Removing the cats will lean out the mixture...and these bikes run lean enough as is.
I'm not removing the catalysers, PD.
The Wyvern paperwork shows a picture of a catalyser along with the exhaust pics, which I'm assuming is fitted, because the paperwork also includes a Certificate (of Conformity?). It's all in Japanese at the moment, but I'll translate it tomorrow.

It's just the O2 Sensors that I'm not fitting, as per the Forum discussion link. I know it might be controversial, but I've read the evidence and, as it's VERY common to remove these Sensors (on a great many different 'bikes. with corresponding smoother running) I think it worth doing.
(And I've just noticed that I mis-wrote "dissembling" instead of "disassembling" in my write-up - a very important difference! I can't edit it out now...) Red Face
I'm sure I've read other 2017MY (an on) owners not getting any benefit from the 02 sensor delete on this forum? Can anyone else recall those posts? Found it, link below.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6988&page=14&highlight=eliminator+kit
I'm sure I've read other 2017MY (an on) owners not getting any benefit from the 02 sensor delete on this forum? Can anyone else recall those posts? Found it, link below.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6988&page=14&highlight=eliminator+kit
I thought long and hard about this, Tev.
The sensors on the Wyverns are right up, under the engine, on the crosspieces between the pipes - IMPOSSIBLE to get at without dropping the system.
I only want to do this job once, so... As these sensors seem only for slow-running testing exhaust (a la VW!) but their removal actually improves slow speed control, I made my decision now rather than later. It may be that their removal makes no difference, but... :rolleyes:

Here is the positioning of the sensors on the Wyverns...

fecd209b2f42221e1b6714254a551113.jpg
This is a really good perspective. It is amazing some road debris doesn't take these out.
 
Having the cats should slow down airflow enough to not ‘need’ to worry about fueling causing heat issues.

If you aren’t using the O2 sensors- leave them out and plug the holes. If you just unplug them- they will carbon coat and foul.

Good luck on the build- bike will be cool when it is done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Having the cats should slow down airflow enough to not ‘need’ to worry about fueling causing heat issues.

If you aren’t using the O2 sensors- leave them out and plug the holes. If you just unplug them- they will carbon coat and foul.

Good luck on the build- bike will be cool when it is done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, PDubs. :thumbsup:

I'm confused about the need to remove the sensors? Why necessary? What's different between them if they're working or not?

"Good luck on the build- bike will be cool when it is done."
Thanks.
I personally believe that the CB1100 would have been a LOT more popular if the "Whitehouse/Wyvern treatment" had been a standard model/option from the beginning.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Having the cats should slow down airflow enough to not ‘need’ to worry about fueling causing heat issues.

If you aren’t using the O2 sensors- leave them out and plug the holes. If you just unplug them- they will carbon coat and foul.

Good luck on the build- bike will be cool when it is done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, PDubs. :thumbsup:

I'm confused about the need to remove the sensors? Why necessary? What's different between them if they're working or not?

"Good luck on the build- bike will be cool when it is done."
Thanks.
I personally believe that the CB1100 would have been a LOT more popular if the "Whitehouse/Wyvern treatment" had been a standard model/option from the beginning.
You may have been right.

However, I reckon Honda wanted to make it their own. The OEM models still look pretty darn good though.
 
Thread starter
"Most" parts are included in Wyvern's kit. One or two bolts/washers/grommets are re-used, but I think everything else is there. Except... gaskets for the headers where they join the heads.

The original copper gaskets may be Ok to re-use (annealed, maybe?) but I believe, for peace of mind "fit once/no leaks", that new gaskets are required. So that's what I now have...

8a37586ec3fa3cdf1687ba3f9d96df98.jpg


Just about ready to get started. Just that danged scruffy garage to sort..
 
Thread starter
And today, the Whitehouse K17 tank, side panels and headlamp 'ears' arrived! Woo hoo! :excited:

The items were superbly packed. I photographed the packing as I opened it up, but no damage whatsoever was to be found.

I'm still trying to get a bracket made for my trolley jack, to get it under the engine and lift the 'bike up... The exhausts can then be swapped for the 4-into-4 Wyverns and finally I'll get the tank, etc., fitted.

Just the front.mudguard to get now... ;)

3a4ccad3188764838bd94a93ebc3e527.jpg


6317cff8036ee6ddb4a34c24f1756e63.jpg
 
beautiful stuff Bazbro. Bet the bike will be stunning when finished
 
I have found that they pack parts VERY well in Japan , looks great Barry .
Lately I have bought some model cars from Japan and found the same care : well packed and fast shipping.
 
Very beautiful Bazbro. I am encouraged that when my Road Comet arrives tomorrow, it will look as good. The finish on your pieces is perfect.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
i can't wait to find out whether the controls hit the gas tank on full lock or not.
Funny you should say that, Mr P... Packed in with the tank was an envelope containing two long socket-headed bolts. The socket heads are quite small, abbreviated and rounded, unlike 'normal' socket-headed bolts. The instruction is to replace the fork top pinch bolts with these, very small-headed bolts, so that the tank isn't touched on right to left, full lock to lock.

Could that be the potential problem to which you refer?
 
Back
Top