Whitehouse K17 mods...

Thread starter
The E-Bay "1100Four" metal badges have arrived and they are of superb quality - better, even, than Honda's original plastic ones! They ha e self-adhesive tape on the back. I guess, being metal, that they could be GENTLY slightly curved to suit the side panel.
They're being added to my stock of parts to be fitted when (if!) I can get this Whitehouse project back on course.

56b5237aedfcd2754d0ca06711697693.jpg


5e99b2dcea91dcdaa2255acfa5b9c26f.jpg
 
Thats a shame Bazbro. With heavy heart good luck with sale.
 
Thread starter
What to do about this...? Ouch...

e0ad95040e3b64e61009311f5f1d3000.jpg


With this casting, I didn't think welding would be as 'invisible' as it ought to be, plus the cost and the very high temperatures involved. So this is what I decided, to soften the effect and make the fin the same profile as the others, just a bit smaller...

0b98943aa9cc0800c0ee9c11dc362120.jpg


Judicious filing and filling...

40ad81ed9ac526f15e2bf819e40a1772.jpg


...mask up...

b6f40c96b5897da30dee9233f378a325.jpg


...and spray...

a4dfd100e4069ef937e66717a00e016a.jpg


I was a fool though. I rushed it at the end, to get it painted and photographed (for an advert deadline) and I spoiled it. It needs another rub down, more filler, rub down and spray again. Twat! (Do you have 'twats' in America, Canada, Oz and NZ?? :D )

I might curve the profile a bit more too, the next time.





7
 
A battle wound?

Why paint it? Just file and burnish, no?

- - -

I hear women in anger calling other women "twats", ... so "yes" in Canada. :)

(of course, emphasis/pronunciation of the 'a' will vary)
 
Thread starter
The heads are not raw aluminium - they're painted and the "battle wound" (I like that!) stands out quite vividly. It really does draw your attention until sprayed the same as the rest of the head, when it 'recedes' somewhat, visually..
 
Thread starter
I did consider that, John! Seriously!!

If it wasn't such a pig of a job...

But honestly, if done well enough (it's not there yet) it's the sort of thing that could go totally unnoticed, maybe for years, until one day a mate says...!! ;)
 
Bazbro_imp said:
The heads are not raw aluminium - they're painted and the "battle wound" (I like that!) stands out quite vividly. It really does draw your attention until sprayed the same as the rest of the head, when it 'recedes' somewhat, visually..
Ah, painted ... okay.

Welp, um, arguably your CB is faster due to its lighter weight from the missing cooling fin. :-/
 
Thread starter
A very brief update on the Whitehouse K17 project... I have nothing to update!

The couple of "For Sale" adverts I placed elucidated little response - a bit of interest but no-one willing to pay my very reasonable asking price. Just today, though, I had a very local guy contact me, who had considered the Whitehouse conversion and my advert caught his eye. Who knows if he will come back to me?

But I'm not worried. I don't need this money (unlike some poor guys desperate to sell their 'bikes) so I'll hang on until next Spring and maybe I'll have the funds to complete it then?

Meanwhile, the battery won't turn over the engine despite the trickle charger - it just won't hold a charge... More expense... :-/
 
Bazbro_imp said:
A very brief update on the Whitehouse K17 project... I have nothing to update!

The couple of "For Sale" adverts I placed elucidated little response - a bit of interest but no-one willing to pay my very reasonable asking price. Just today, though, I had a very local guy contact me, who had considered the Whitehouse conversion and my advert caught his eye. Who knows if he will come back to me?

But I'm not worried. I don't need this money (unlike some poor guys desperate to sell their 'bikes) so I'll hang on until next Spring and maybe I'll have the funds to complete it then?

Meanwhile, the battery won't turn over the engine despite the trickle charger - it just won't hold a charge... More expense... :-/
Dang.

Well, maybe your prospect is sitting in a dark, damp corner right now scratching the back of his neck with his toe nails. Like ants in the brain, he is probably fighting the "want" as I write this.
 
Back
Top