White House project started

Thread starter
Tripod_imp said:
Ack, where are you getting the tank and side panels? I only saw red side panels on White House, but no tanks and no other color side covers.

Excited about seeing the finished project!
All through Samurider
WH, has a red, blue, black, green and gold.
To me the gold looked the best with our black motors.
I had a 74 the same color too.

Do some "White House cb1100" or "white house K10" image searches.
BuffaloBill_imp said:
Nice project. Where do you plan on getting that seat? Also, I couldn't find the split gaiters so I made my own, but it has no closed tonge and groove solution. So if you find the seat and the T&G gaiter, please share where you found them. Thanks.
I'm getting the White House seat to keep the look going.
K&H makes a mid height seat for the WH tank +$100 added on top. It's still cheaper and I'll bet alot nicer.
I'll get it too if the WH is to hard on my bum?
 
I was wondering if anyone over here was going to pull the trigger on the White House CB. This is going to be a great project to follow
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the interest all. It should be interesting, I hope. The painted parts are due by the end of the month. Not bad?
Here are more answers to some of the general questions I'm getting:
The tank from what I understand is hand made aluminum.
The side panels Takashi said were aluminum but from some of the pictures I've found, I think they are fiberglass? Find out in 3 weeks.
The side panels are only sold with the tank? We couldn't figure that one out as they are priced seperate. I tried to get a black set after I found a picture of them on a bike with a stock tank.
The seat and the tank have to go together, mix and match won't work. WH makes the K10 style in 2 heights and K&H makes a mid-height 1 choice. I did ask about a checker board stitch but they don't do that.
Home - KandH
Ordering was done mostly by finding pictures and links then asking Takashi if he can get the stuff. The WH link isn't much help, Takashi calls these places most of the time.
Here are some links I found:

WHOUSE

http://onlineotomotif.blogspot.com/2013/04/honda-cb-1100-k10-3-four-by-white-house.html


http://translate.googleusercontent....r/&usg=ALkJrhhlQLnL3rAsC7o6W7Zk1h6P0moWEA

http://www.whouse.jp/cb1100_k10/gold/frameset.html

Stock tank with WH side covers:
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing

Gold bike video:

http://www.cb1100.fr/

Red and Blue with black motors:
http://nighthawk-forums.com/honda-cb-territory/cb1100-17471/75/

Keep the ?'s coming, I'll do my best before referring to the expert, Takashi.
 
Prices please. I got a quote that doesnt match WH's price on website. I understand there must be margin but I'm not sure if it would be that much.
 
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, Ack. That last link from the Nighthawk forums that you posted was a thread I started over there. I've been interested in the WhiteHouse conversion since I first saw it last year. Since I acquired my CB11, I've been pretty happy with the way it looks, but the WH conversion is still calling to me.

I think if your's goes relatively well, I might pull the trigger on the conversion. Sure it's pricey, but the end result is a pretty unique ride. If I go for it I may just stick to the major bits. The tank, seat and side covers account for the bulk of the look.

Best of luck.
 
Thread starter
cbsheep_imp said:
Prices please. I got a quote that doesnt match WH's price on website. I understand there must be margin but I'm not sure if it would be that much.
See page 1, 3 more added today.
Guth_imp said:
Do the parts come painted or unfinished?
From what I understand Yes, but I don't have exact pricing.
Flynrider_imp said:
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, Ack. That last link from the Nighthawk forums that you posted was a thread I started over there. I've been interested in the WhiteHouse conversion since I first saw it last year. Since I acquired my CB11, I've been pretty happy with the way it looks, but the WH conversion is still calling to me.

I think if your's goes relatively well, I might pull the trigger on the conversion. Sure it's pricey, but the end result is a pretty unique ride. If I go for it I may just stick to the major bits. The tank, seat and side covers account for the bulk of the look.

Best of luck.
I got an E-mail from Takashi this morning, he is going to the White House shop today. He'll get some more info and maybe some catalogs if avalible.
I think that covers all the parts, page 1 updated. It's all going to be shipped at the end of this month, Oh Boy :):)
 
Thread starter
I asked Takashi about his visit to the White House factory, he wrote:

"Yes, I had a very good visit to WhiteHouse. I will be an exclusive distributor of WhiteHouse products for North America and Australia.
You are the first one to get the K-10 Gold in the United States."

Must be a cool place to visit.
 
aw man..im so jealous. I really just want the side covers. The tank is just too expensive. I will probably go with the Mid K&H seat even thought I'm only 5'6. The low seat looks too cruiser-like for me. how tall is the WH seat? How's the material compares to K&H?
 
Thread starter
cbsheep_imp said:
aw man..im so jealous. I really just want the side covers. The tank is just too expensive. I will probably go with the Mid K&H seat even thought I'm only 5'6. The low seat looks too cruiser-like for me. how tall is the WH seat? How's the material compares to K&H?
Maybe with Takashi a distributor the side covers will be avalible seperate. They look good with a stock tank, see link.
The mid K&H is their only choice and it's +12mm over stock US seat. The WH comes 795 or 825 mm. 795 = stock 825 shown. Takashi said the WH is good but the K&H is the best. I don't have the WH seat yet, update end of the month. I don't see any seat being made better then K&H.
 
So..I been thinking to draw the side cover with Autocad and find a metal work place to cut it out of aluminum or steel for me then paint it. It will probably be cheaper.

Ack-CB11_imp said:
cbsheep_imp said:
aw man..im so jealous. I really just want the side covers. The tank is just too expensive. I will probably go with the Mid K&H seat even thought I'm only 5'6. The low seat looks too cruiser-like for me. how tall is the WH seat? How's the material compares to K&H?
Maybe with Takashi a distributor the side covers will be avalible seperate. They look good with a stock tank, see link.
The mid K&H is their only choice and it's +12mm over stock US seat. The WH comes 795 or 825 mm. 795 = stock 825 shown. Takashi said the WH is good but the K&H is the best. I don't have the WH seat yet, update end of the month. I don't see any seat being made better then K&H.
Maybe with Takashi a distributor the side covers will be avalible seperate. They look good with a stock tank, see link.
The mid K&H is their only choice and it's +12mm over stock US seat. The WH comes 795 or 825 mm. 795 = stock 825 shown. Takashi said the WH is good but the K&H is the best. I don't have the WH seat yet, update end of the month. I don't see any seat being made better then K&H.
 
"So..I been thinking to draw the side cover with Autocad and find a metal work place to cut it out of aluminum or steel for me then paint it. It will probably be cheaper. "


If you do this i would be down to pay to have your metal shop make a second piece for me unpainted
 
Thread starter
Takashi has added all the White House parts to his website. Looks like the side panels are avalible seperate. Nice pictures too.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Tripod_imp said:
Hey ack, have you made any progress yet on the Whitehouse Project?
All the parts left Japan yesterday, hopefully get started this weekend :D
All the parts left Japan yesterday, hopefully get started this weekend :D
That's great news. Make sure you have fresh batteries for your camera :D
 
Very cool, you're going to have the flashiest retro bike in town!

For less than they're charging for just those side covers, though, you could have a running bike (one that needs some love, of course)... so I don't think I could ever fork out that kind of scratch for cosmetics.
I'm glad to see that somebody stateside is going to have a new CB done up like that, anyway though! Will stay tuned.
 
Back
Top