White House project started

Ack,

That looks totally awesome!

What about a chrome chain guard? Think that would look good?

I'd like gaiters, but I'm not pulling the front end apart. Tank, yes. Front end. Not yet ;)
 
That is just amazing. People are not going to believe that's not a '70's bike!

Dare I ask...how much you'll have spent when its said and done? When I was restoring my Low Rider I made a point of NOT tracking how much it cost...somethings are better left a mystery.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ack,

That looks totally awesome!

What about a chrome chain guard? Think that would look good?

I'd like gaiters, but I'm not pulling the front end apart. Tank, yes. Front end. Not yet ;)
Oh ya, missed that. I'll add it to the list.
The forks are simple, it's only a little more work then taking the wheel off. I have to take them off for those headlight side covers.
The Spaceman_imp said:
That is just amazing. People are not going to believe that's not a '70's bike!

Dare I ask...how much you'll have spent when its said and done? When I was restoring my Low Rider I made a point of NOT tracking how much it cost...somethings are better left a mystery.
I've done this way to many times, I always regret keeping the slips when it's sell time.
Most likely around 10k when and if I finish it completely.
I love odd-ball things like these, it's like a resto-mod car you see on Barrett-Jackson.
 
Damn, even the picture looks like it's 30 years old. Now why hasn't anyone made gaiters that you can wrap around the tubes yet? I'm sure it could be done, and look & work about 90% as good as the real thing. Dropping the tubes is just way too much work for that!
 
Gaiters are made to seal out the elements. Unless they over lapped a bunch, when the fork compressed to would open up a gap to the elements like riain.

Ack that is going to look so awesome.Dont forget the rubber lever ball end covers, they came stock on the 74. Oh and in 74 the chain guard was black.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Gaiters are made to seal out the elements. Unless they over lapped a bunch, when the fork compressed to would open up a gap to the elements like riain.

Ack that is going to look so awesome.Dont forget the rubber lever ball end covers, they came stock on the 74. Oh and in 74 the chain guard was black.
I think a split gaiter would work ok, it would be just like a split cv boot for cars. The 2 sides have like a tongue and groove connection which is glued together and zip tied around each end. Seems OK

Black, nice that's even better. I can get those right away, much cheaper.

K-10 Tail light:


I have to find or make something to cover the stock holes?
 
Does the Whitehouse tank come with a fuel pump in it? Or do you use your stock fuel pump?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Does the Whitehouse tank come with a fuel pump in it? Or do you use your stock fuel pump?
It uses the stock pump, but you can get one in it from them if you want.
 
I really love how there are so many directions you can go with this bike. This is going to look like a completely different bike by the time your done with it.
 
CBMike_imp said:
I really love how there are so many directions you can go with this bike. This is going to look like a completely different bike by the time your done with it.
I agree Mike. Just like the original 750. A great base for whatever you choose to make of it.

I really thought we'd have more touring versions showing up on this board. There seemed to be a lot of interest in hard luggage and trunks in the beginning.
 
The ferret_imp said:
CBMike_imp said:
I really love how there are so many directions you can go with this bike. This is going to look like a completely different bike by the time your done with it.
I agree Mike. Just like the original 750. A great base for whatever you choose to make of it.

I really thought we'd have more touring versions showing up on this board. There seemed to be a lot of interest in hard luggage and trunks in the beginning.
I agree Mike. Just like the original 750. A great base for whatever you choose to make of it.

I really thought we'd have more touring versions showing up on this board. There seemed to be a lot of interest in hard luggage and trunks in the beginning.
Maybe the hard core touring CB1100 guys are still out riding around doing some unbelievable Iron Butt ride and they haven't had the opportunity to log in and post pics of their touring farkles. :rolleyes:

I'll admit I'm more of a day-tripper, it has the added benefit that I can keep up with this forum.
 
Nice project. Where do you plan on getting that seat? Also, I couldn't find the split gaiters so I made my own, but it has no closed tonge and groove solution. So if you find the seat and the T&G gaiter, please share where you found them. Thanks.
 
Ack, where are you getting the tank and side panels? I only saw red side panels on White House, but no tanks and no other color side covers.

Excited about seeing the finished project!
 
There is a Jammer brand gaiter that is sold for Harleys but you can get for 41mm forks but I don't know the bottom dia. They describe the closure as interlocking and glue. And they cost about $80.
 
Thread starter
Alot of people wondering the cost of this crazy project. I'll put the list on the 1st post and keep it updated as we go. ;)
 
Back
Top