White House K10 - a story of regeneration

Nice work on the bike.

Post#273

"Look at that folks - vivid clear blue skies in the UK in November!!!"

As a convict from the Colonies I recon you've photo shopped in that blue sky.

Regards NRTM
 
noroomtomove_imp said:
Nice work on the bike.

Post#273

"Look at that folks - vivid clear blue skies in the UK in November!!!"

As a convict from the Colonies I recon you've photo shopped in that blue sky.

Regards NRTM
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Is that a 1980 Gold wing in the back ?
Good spot. It's a 1983, bought as an Interstate which I am in the process of restoring and converting to a naked. Not too far off really, have the wheels to finish painting, fit new wheel bearings & tyres then fit the rebuilt brake calipers and bleed. Only negative is that whilst the engine ran sweet, last time I fired it up one of the carbs over-flowed, hence I suspect I will need to remove, clean and rebuild them before running again.

Of course, the second major problem is that after doing the K10 conversion I now have the hots to fit GL1000 chrome mudguards, wire wheels, dummy tank and side panels. That might have to be phase 2.
noroomtomove_imp said:
Nice work on the bike.

Post#273

"Look at that folks - vivid clear blue skies in the UK in November!!!"

As a convict from the Colonies I recon you've photo shopped in that blue sky.

Regards NRTM

I kid you not, that sky was real. The sun was so bright I had to wear shades. :cool:

Oh yea of little faith...
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Pleased to report that the K10 survived the winter lay-up and in true Honda style fired up first time on the key. To celebrate (whilst still in lock-down) I took it on a 15 mile round trip Saturday commute to work. Still love it.


Make note to self:
Buy some over-trousers to go with the Bellstaff jacket & body warmer - the sun might be shining, but it's still cold out in the UK in March!
 
Nice shot 9m....
Contemplating on changing colour again, recently, white is very modern and unique... :)
 
Lovely bike that Ninemeister, stunning. I went out yesterday and wore some cotton joggers under my (bike) jeans, just took the edge off a bit. At least it was dry with little to no salt anywhere :celebrate:
 
Makes my heart ache every time i see it, Nine!

Mine is still languishing in the garage, waiting for me...

(Oh, the BMW is now sold - an old friend gone)
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Makes my heart ache every time i see it, Nine!

Mine is still languishing in the garage, waiting for me...

(Oh, the BMW is now sold - an old friend gone)
Nice to see that you are still with us Barry , We hope to come to England this year as last year was cancelled due to Covid , England has to be fully open before we come as we want visit places and not just family.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
Makes my heart ache every time i see it, Nine!

Mine is still languishing in the garage, waiting for me...

(Oh, the BMW is now sold - an old friend gone)
Nice to see that you are still with us Barry , We hope to come to England this year as last year was cancelled due to Covid , England has to be fully open before we come as we want visit places and not just family.
Nice to see that you are still with us Barry , We hope to come to England this year as last year was cancelled due to Covid , England has to be fully open before we come as we want visit places and not just family.
Yup! Still here, John.

The UK is well on the way to normality, with about half the population either vaccinated or part-vaccinated, and vaccinating now at a rate of one million doses given a DAY! Sadly, I think Europe will be some way behind us, if you were thinking of visiting there too?

Keep in touch regarding your plans, though as the Beemer's now gone, a meet won't be on a 'bike!
 
Thread starter
Bazbro_imp said:
Makes my heart ache every time i see it, Nine!

Mine is still languishing in the garage, waiting for me...

(Oh, the BMW is now sold - an old friend gone)
Thanks Barry. Hopefully some of the BMW funds will find there way to a little Indian guy who can make you a K10 alloy tank?

Jfro5687_imp said:
Lovely bike that Ninemeister, stunning. I went out yesterday and wore some cotton joggers under my (bike) jeans, just took the edge off a bit. At least it was dry with little to no salt anywhere :celebrate:
Cheers. At 4 degrees C and 60mph, I can confidently report that it's definitely cold on the legs, even if you do layer up.

peterbaron_imp said:
Nice shot 9m....
Contemplating on changing colour again, recently, white is very modern and unique... :)
Thanks Peter. I'm now working on finishing my GL1100 project and have decided to paint it Candy Blue Green, the CB750 K0 colour. This is a true candy, in that it is a translucent paint laid over a silver base coat, so the number of layers affects the density of the colour. I'm looking for more green, so my painter Mike has just laid down a quick sample on a thinners tin so I can take it home and compare to the K10 turquoise. I believe it is the colour that Whitehouse painted one of their K10's on the website. Would also look great on a stock CB1100...?

GoldOxide_imp said:
Smart pose 9.
Why thank you. I'll take on amongst the cars next time, you'll like them as well.

Cormanus_imp said:
Beautiful.
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful bike Ninemeister
Thank you boys, high praise indeed. Occasionally there are times in your life when you drop lucky AND you act on the impulse. I am so glad that the K10 was one of those events.
 
Back
Top