Which seat do I have?

inditx_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Bought a 2013 Std. and it had the ribbed seat.
I see a smooth surface seat on other 2013’s so which do I have?
Thanks,
inditx
 
That's a DLX seat- but that is also a DLX bike- (dual exhaust) and there was never a white CB1100 of either sold in the U.S.

SO- why would I take the time to write this? Simply- just because your 'std' has a ribbed seat doesn't make it a DLX seat.

There were many aftermarket seats available with ribbing.

Example-


74d2fac72b185956bb772c4771d34dc4.jpg
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
That's a DLX seat- but that is also a DLX bike- (dual exhaust) and there was never a white CB1100 of either sold in the U.S.

SO- why would I take the time to write this? Simply- just because your 'std' has a ribbed seat doesn't make it a DLX seat.

There were many aftermarket seats available with ribbing.

Example-


74d2fac72b185956bb772c4771d34dc4.jpg
It still doesn't hurt the eyes. :cool:
 
Thread starter
Nice bike!
I couldn’t get my photos to load so that was a stock photo.
I have a 2013 std. w/single exhaust but the p.o. must have installed a dlx or look alike seat.
At any rate it’s comfortable.
Thanks
inditx
 
Hi Jack,

Here you go. Nice bike!

Yup- DLX seat.

Chrome gauge covers are add-ons, as is the chrome headlight bucket.

Header is in bad shape- seems the fueling tuning was bad for quite a while. Check to see if there is an O2 sensor bypass installed- there should have been, and if so- keep it. If not- get one.

4501f90d84749b7bcd568f755f791e06.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I don’t believe that is a DLX. There is no ABS ring on the front.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I don’t believe that is a DLX. There is no ABS ring on the front.
I'm not sure anyone said it was. Just a DLX seat.
 
Does the DLX seat have HONDA on the back like a standard seat? Cause that seat has an emblem like an aftermarket seat. I couldn't read it when I tried enlarging the picture though.
 
Thread starter
Thanks gents
Honda on back of seat
Exactly where would the O2 sensor be installed?
inditx
Never mind I found the O2 sensor.
PowerDubs_imp said:
Hi Jack,

Here you go. Nice bike!

Yup- DLX seat.

Chrome gauge covers are add-ons, as is the chrome headlight bucket.

Header is in bad shape- seems the fueling tuning was bad for quite a while. Check to see if there is an O2 sensor bypass installed- there should have been, and if so- keep it. If not- get one.

4501f90d84749b7bcd568f755f791e06.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looks like std header discoloration on a 2013 to me (one of the reasons I traded my 2013 for a 14 dlx). Heck, I've seen them almost black.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Looks like std header discoloration on a 2013 to me (one of the reasons I traded my 2013 for a 14 dlx). Heck, I've seen them almost black.
Good to know, thanks!
Maybe Santa will bring a black 4 into 1 Delkevic exhaust system next year. :P
inditx
 
Back
Top