Where can I find longer brake lines?

Bob -

I called and talked to Dennis after your post and alerted him that I'm going to require the same parts and labor. We just need to figure out "when" and get me on his schedule.
 
Thread starter
Hi all,
Got the bike back from Crossroads Cycles in Arlington today. The brake lines are now plenty long for the 2" Rox Risers that I hope will make me more comfortable. Here are photos. The main change is that there are now two brake lines coming from the reservoir, rather than just one. Not as elegant, but it looks fine to me. None of the other cables needed rerouting, which was nice.

Profile of the bike isn't changed much.


The risers. I may drop them back a bit more.
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_0559_zpshcfoij0o.jpg.html]

Here is what the reservoir looks like now.
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_0556_zpsc7s0fn3g.jpg.html]

And one more.
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_0555_zpsqr7ddumb.jpg.html]

Cost came to just under $300. Not sure if I'm thrilled or just happy. I'll let you know after some real miles tomorrow!
 
Veech, see post #16
 
Thread starter
veech_imp said:
Ah, thank you popgun. I should have gone back and reread the thread before posting the question.
Thanks Popgun. I woulda just rewritten it all as I forgot I said it before :thanks:
The biggest challenge in the install was getting an allen wrench under the handle bars to adjust the risers. Others have mentioned this as well. It's a very tight space, especially if you are going for a lot of pull back. Not a good design. We ground down a wrench until it fit, but it was so short that it was hard to get a solid bite on the head.
 
Many people will dedicate a "ROX risers" allen wrench and grind it down on the bench grinder to get into that sung area. I can second the statement that they can be a PITA to install; but boy to they make the ride better for me!

Just re-read post 16 and saw that you like them very much! Do we need to have a "Kuba Kuba 2" part deux so that we can swap bikes for a while!?
 
Thread starter
EGAlvarez_imp said:
Many people will dedicate a "ROX risers" allen wrench and grind it down on the bench grinder to get into that sung area. I can second the statement that they can be a PITA to install; but boy to they make the ride better for me!

Just re-read post 16 and saw that you like them very much! Do we need to have a "Kuba Kuba 2" part deux so that we can swap bikes for a while!?
I'd like more of that Cuban food, for sure!
I sawed off a wrench and made it work. I've just been out futzing with the setup and I think I've got it nice. May have to reroute the throttle cables. They don't bind or stretch, but there's not any slack either. A ride tomorrow should tell the tale.
Bob
 
First left turn out of the driveway, may be exciting.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
First left turn out of the driveway, may be exciting.
Yes, I did a bit of delicate test riding, but all is well. Still, I'd be happier if there was a bit more slack.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
veech_imp said:
Ah, thank you popgun. I should have gone back and reread the thread before posting the question.
Thanks Popgun. I woulda just rewritten it all as I forgot I said it before :thanks:
The biggest challenge in the install was getting an allen wrench under the handle bars to adjust the risers. Others have mentioned this as well. It's a very tight space, especially if you are going for a lot of pull back. Not a good design. We ground down a wrench until it fit, but it was so short that it was hard to get a solid bite on the head.
:rofl: Glad I could help! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Took a medium to long ride today and found the new bar position to be much better for me. I'm sitting more erect and can slide around on the seat more to maintain circulation in my butt. I can now sit in the "bucket" of the Corbin seat without having to over reach. All is right with the world.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Took a medium to long ride today and found the new bar position to be much better for me. I'm sitting more erect and can slide around on the seat more to maintain circulation in my butt. I can now sit in the "bucket" of the Corbin seat without having to over reach. All is right with the world.
Indeed! :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top