When do you think we will know about 2014 models?

The ferret_imp said:
I'd like to see them bring a 2014 in black for 3 reasons. (1) black would be a good contrast to the red ones, and true to what CB400 says, the defining red ones will really stick out as "originals" and (2) so it would silence all of those folks screaming for a back one, once and for all lol and (3) another year of production could only encourage the after market to make more goodies
(4) It would match my sidecar!
 
My local dealer has 2 left in stock. They told me it is not popular. When I asked for them to get me an ABS version they were unwilling as at that time they had 3 in stock. It was a lucky break for me as I found one on ebay only 6 hrs away and purchased it for $7500 with only 227 miles on it. I like the red and I've never been a person to buy a bike or car in red, but the silver side covers have to go; Samurider to the rescue! Too bad it take so long to get built and shipped, but it will come in a few weeks along with all kinds of other goodies.

I hope for a second year, in other colors and with ABS. Rather shocking how much the ABS option costs, but I figure at my age I can use all the help I can get. If a 2014 never comes I've got the 2013 and my 1990 BMW K75RT for longer trips.
 
I was in a dealer in Bowling Green Ky this weekend killing time waiting to go to a wedding and the guy there told me they have never had one in the store. Said there was no interest in them because they were too expensive. My jaw dropped. I said I guess those three HOnda Furys are flying out the door too huh? They have those things and no CB's and I just dont get it.
 
Naked standards (with the additional Achilles heel of low horsepower) just don't sell in the United States. This as been a well-known fact for quite some time.
 
Honda has done a terrible job of marketing the CB1100. In fact, I don't recall a single ad for it. And at dealerships it should be on a pedestal with lights shone on it and vintage Hondas and gear next to it.

With Honda's heritage of the 750 Four and all the other UJM's they produced by the hundreds of thousands in the '60's, 70's and '80's, this bike should be a winner. They've buried it with a complete lack of marketing and accessories.

Kudos to Triumph for doing retro right.
 
Capo_imp said:
Honda has done a terrible job of marketing the CB1100. In fact, I don't recall a single ad for it. And at dealerships it should be on a pedestal with lights shone on it and vintage Hondas and gear next to it.

With Honda's heritage of the 750 Four and all the other UJM's they produced by the hundreds of thousands in the '60's, 70's and '80's, this bike should be a winner. They've buried it with a complete lack of marketing and accessories.

Kudos to Triumph for doing retro right.
I agree, not a single magazine or tv add, but then again other than some yamaha ads on MotoGP you dont see any tv ads ( well I havent), but you'd think Honda would at least have put out some print ads.
 
Motorcycle companies are not big tv advertisers (I'm in that business,btw) but there are ample opportunities for more direct and targeted marketing for a niche product aimed at boomers. Just a complete miss on Honda's part, but they are more of a mass- market company. Their history is littered with niche products that received scant attention (GB500, S2000 sports car, etc) and allowed to atrophy.
 
It seems motorcycles are ugly step children anymore, which brings me back to something Ive always said..you have to WANT to ride a motorcycle
 
I mentioned yesterday in another thread that when I was out riding yesterday, I stopped at my dealer, the salesman there that I deal with is a friend of mine.

I asked him if there is going to be a 2014 model in the USA, he very confidently said that we are getting a 2014 model, they do not yet know which color, but they are going to have them. He can no longer get 2013 models, he has one on the floor but it came from another dealer. He knows I am not in the market for a 2014.

As I said in the other post, you can take it for what it is worth, but he has no reason to mislead me, I think he believes what he said.

This dealership is an old dealership with a lot of old fart customers like me, they sold a lot of CB1100s and had to restock from other dealers the last couple of times, they have been successful with this bike and would naturally be very interested in a 2014 model.

Cheers.
 
The ferret_imp said:
It seems motorcycles are ugly step children anymore, which brings me back to something Ive always said..you have to WANT to ride a motorcycle
You do and I get the feeling from being in several Honda dealers of late that their bread and butter these days is 4 wheelers and side by sides. Motorcycles seem to have taken a back seat to them. If I cant have a standard of some sort I will go without.
 
4 wheelers are their bread and butter in the winter time, at least around here. My friend and I talked a little about that yesterday as well. He said that before they had ATVs, they were pretty much out of business from about November to March. Not a lot of people are out there buying any kind of motorcycle in the winter, at least not in North Texas.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I was in a dealer in Bowling Green Ky this weekend killing time waiting to go to a wedding and the guy there told me they have never had one in the store. Said there was no interest in them because they were too expensive. My jaw dropped. I said I guess those three HOnda Furys are flying out the door too huh? They have those things and no CB's and I just dont get it.
The cliche of motorcycle sales in the US for decades is that all we buy is cruisers and super-sports. And it was true, but not as much any more. "Naked" bikes, cafe bikes, ADVs, and standards like ours are increasingly popular. Dealers who haven't figured that out are going to miss a lot of sales.
 
It seems that most of the Hondas that have really caught my eye since I reached "adult" status have never been big sellers. Bikes such as the CB-1, Hawk GT, 599 and now perhaps the CB1100.
 
Capo_imp said:
Honda has done a terrible job of marketing the CB1100. In fact, I don't recall a single ad for it. And at dealerships it should be on a pedestal with lights shone on it and vintage Hondas and gear next to it.

With Honda's heritage of the 750 Four and all the other UJM's they produced by the hundreds of thousands in the '60's, 70's and '80's, this bike should be a winner. They've buried it with a complete lack of marketing and accessories.

Kudos to Triumph for doing retro right.
In Germany, there were quite some advertisments in diverese motorcycle magazines and also "viral" as video or so. And the CB 1100 got some attention in multiple bike magazines. Nevertheless, roughly less than 500 bikes were sold Germany-wide in 2013.
 
For some reason the 1100 sold well in Canada. My dealer's two 2013's never hit the floor and his two alloted 14's have deposits on them (one mine!). Apparently the Canadian 13s were all abs 6 speeds as are the 14's. The Canadian 14's are dark blue. I dropped into an Australian dealer on Christmas vacation. He is expecting red 2014 's there. That's all I know. I really hope the American fans of the bike get good news soon. Happy new year!
 
It's curious to me that Honda imported only red CB110s to the US. In the two years they were imported to Australia they came in red, white, blue and black. I have a black one. Why would they send only one colour to the US?

I'm interested in Dale's post. I understood Honda had done with the CB1100 in Australia. I was told by at least one dealer earlier in 2013 that they were no longer importing it. I suppose, though, they may decide to bring in a new and modified model.

If they do, I'm not likely to buy one. I just got away with a second hand 2011 model. :celebrate: That will have to do for the time being.
 
Guth_imp said:
It seems that most of the Hondas that have really caught my eye since I reached "adult" status have never been big sellers. Bikes such as the CB-1, Hawk GT, 599 and now perhaps the CB1100.
your taste in bikes is similar to mine, I like all the bikes above, it was tempting for the larger version of 500. I owned the Hawk GT but never liked it enough. Basically I am a Honda person, did own Suzie GS500F, an outstanding bike, no wonder it had long life span.
 
Back
Top