the Ferret
Road warrior
Come for the fun, stay for the education lol
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Brother Elipten, this is not the right interpretation. Soichiro Honda recognized that RLETs completed the bike; helped achieve CBness as brother EmptySea eloquently puts it.Elipten_imp said:Obvious failure to install the RLET at the factory is a grievous oversight by the younger generation of Honda engineers. A letter writing campaign is required to Honda corporate to correct the situation.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct, brother EmptySea. See my further elucidation above.EmptySea_imp said:Are we saying that, while a Stock CB is perfectly fine, it takes the RLEts for the bike to attain full CBness?
Brother Ghis, it is not within my competence to answer important but pragmatic questions. Perhaps brother Ferret, keeper of RLET history could respond.Ghis_imp said:So, since Honda put them on its bikes, what was the thinking behind it. No manufacturer builds/equips bikes with unnecessary parts, as a penny saved on each bike turns into huge saving. Did Honda put them on for pure esthetic, or did they have a more functional purpose, such as protection, or such?
Wow, I just looked at some CB750 pictures I took from 2 different bikes at bikes shows, and sure enough the RLETS are there. How did I ever not noticed that ever?? I need me some RLETs. I still don't know what they do, but I'm converted.
Brother Elipten, this is not the right interpretation. Soichiro Honda recognized that RLETs completed the bike; helped achieve CBness as brother EmptySea eloquently puts it.Cormanus_imp said:Brother Elipten, this is not the right interpretation. Soichiro Honda recognized that RLETs completed the bike; helped achieve CBness as brother EmptySea eloquently puts it.Elipten_imp said:Obvious failure to install the RLET at the factory is a grievous oversight by the younger generation of Honda engineers. A letter writing campaign is required to Honda corporate to correct the situation.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What has subsequently come to light in Honda's spiritual department is that recognizing the need for RLETs, acquiring and then installing them brings about a higher state of CBness that was previously thought to exist.
Novitiates must recognize and fulfill this requirement if an angel is to score wings and the secret handshake is to be shared.
Correct, brother EmptySea. See my further elucidation above.EmptySea_imp said:Are we saying that, while a Stock CB is perfectly fine, it takes the RLEts for the bike to attain full CBness?
Brother Ghis, it is not within my competence to answer important but pragmatic questions. Perhaps brother Ferret, keeper of RLET history could respond.Ghis_imp said:So, since Honda put them on its bikes, what was the thinking behind it. No manufacturer builds/equips bikes with unnecessary parts, as a penny saved on each bike turns into huge saving. Did Honda put them on for pure esthetic, or did they have a more functional purpose, such as protection, or such?
Wow, I just looked at some CB750 pictures I took from 2 different bikes at bikes shows, and sure enough the RLETS are there. How did I ever not noticed that ever?? I need me some RLETs. I still don't know what they do, but I'm converted.
I just came across one of the original batch of K0 CB750s to come to Australia. It was keeping company with a 1970 CB350 and both were sporting RLETs.
Correct, brother EmptySea. See my further elucidation above.EmptySea_imp said:Are we saying that, while a Stock CB is perfectly fine, it takes the RLEts for the bike to attain full CBness?
Brother Ghis, it is not within my competence to answer important but pragmatic questions. Perhaps brother Ferret, keeper of RLET history could respond.Ghis_imp said:So, since Honda put them on its bikes, what was the thinking behind it. No manufacturer builds/equips bikes with unnecessary parts, as a penny saved on each bike turns into huge saving. Did Honda put them on for pure esthetic, or did they have a more functional purpose, such as protection, or such?
Wow, I just looked at some CB750 pictures I took from 2 different bikes at bikes shows, and sure enough the RLETS are there. How did I ever not noticed that ever?? I need me some RLETs. I still don't know what they do, but I'm converted.
Got carried away and bought 4 just in case...Ghis_imp said:Just ordered my RLETs from Ebay!!!

Love it! I once had cool footpegs on a Harley for which the rubber replacements were obsolete. Managed to get a list from the dealer with all the names of dealers who still had them. Called them up, bought all of them, and had them shipped. I dropped like way over $100, but had rubbers for life. I'm hoping they won't discontinue the RLETs.Lord Popgun_imp said:Don't worry about it Ghis, Friday I ordered a spare set. Just in case...
