What sort of CB1100 rider are you?

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
I've shamelessly stolen this question from another motorcycle forum.

How do you ride your CB? Are you a fast canyon carver; a wannabe race rider; a touring rider; an aggressive commuting rider; a rider who hurtles along freeways; or a rider who motors sedately on country roads smelling the roses and bovine faecal matter?

I ride mine to tour, whenever I can on country roads. I'm way faster than Marc Marquez and take perfect lines through every corner. Strangely, though, that seems to be the case only when no one can see me. Otherwise I'm sedate and only moderately skilled.

Over to you.
 
I’m one of those guys who putts along country roads...40-50 mph is my desired speed, usually in 4th gear. I’m not much for touring, preferring a three or four hour day ride which usually involves a stop at the local diner or ice cream stand in the middle of nowhere.
 
I don't have the skill to be anything other than a sedate rider, although admittedly one prone to moments of 'overtly enthusiastic' riding where I 'examine the envelope of my capabilities'.

Still regarding every journey as a learning curve as I push towards my first 1000 miles on a motorbike.
 
I'm retired and live on the Atlantic coast. Our jagged coastline offers many winding coastal roads to ride on.
The maximum speed limit in some areas is only 90kph (54mph), but these curvy roads aren't about speed, therefore I guess I'm a country/coastal road rider who enjoys the scenery; the smell of the roses and fresh ocean air.
I don't commute at all or tour that much anymore and only use the four-lanes just to get somewhere in a hurry - but these days I'm rarely in a hurry :D
 
During week days, I use side roads where speed limit is 80 km/h. My minimum distance is 70 km/day. Some weekend, I go further, mostly side roads and make 150 - 500 km/day. Few - several times a year, I use highways where speed limit is 100 km/h and go on a very long, 1-5 days trips, ranging from 700 - 4000 km. My record is 8000 km within 2 weeks or 1200 km within a day. I love long distance trips, the further the better = :biker:
These trips will increase after retirement in September.
I do not commute and don't do grocery with my bike, never carry any passenger.
All of you have a pleasant ride and safe ride home.
 
I ride safe, but I do love to ride fast. When I ride with my buddies, they have a hard time keeping up, especially the guy with the SR400. I mostly ride around town and commute when the weather permits.
 
Since getting the CB 1100 my riding habits have changed. I mostly ride in the country with 2 lane twisty roads. If I can get in 60 to 75 miles at a time I feel fortunate, much more than that my bones start to talk to me.On my Road King ,not even getting warmed up until 125 to150 miles under my belt .Age definitely has something to do with the change in amount of miles ridden .
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I've shamelessly stolen this question from another motorcycle forum.

How do you ride your CB? Are you a fast canyon carver; a wannabe race rider; a touring rider; an aggressive commuting rider; a rider who hurtles along freeways; or a rider who motors sedately on country roads smelling the roses and bovine faecal matter?

I ride mine to tour, whenever I can on country roads. I'm way faster than Marc Marquez and take perfect lines through every corner. Strangely, though, that seems to be the case only when no one can see me. Otherwise I'm sedate and only moderately skilled.

Over to you.
:rofl::rofl:

I take some long rides to visit kin folk but most of my riding is 70-200 mile rides near home, at mostly speed limit pace. My favorite ride is with my wife, riding out for lunch somewhere, clinging to the country backroads at a pace that allows full enjoyment of the scenery.

c48acca68fb725a07fc49872a0a78156.jpg
 
My cb11 is my fun, personal, bike,
0bde336836f98555306854581f9fd1a0.jpg


i enjoy riding it w/ my fellow homies when the weather's nice, & dry.
b74dd174e7bd6f7831dc1a795cd10104.jpg


I have other street bikes to use, so this bike sits in my garage all yr long and i'm perfectly ok with it.

664e64f61ac981d7b49df04e4daf3b8f.jpg
 
I ride like I desire to ride again tomorrow. Whether on back roads or freeway I'm a speed limit +- 5 guy. I had my wild days, years of them in fact, when I was young, foolish and invincible in my mind. Survived them by the grace of the Almighty. Now I'm older, (much older lol) wiser, and my goal now is to live to ride every day until I am no longer able to. Whether it's a 30 mile ride around my county, a 700 mile in a day return from a rally or a 5500 miles in 11 days trip across the country, I just love to ride.
 
I am all about taking my time and enjoying the ride. I have enough different types of bikes to entertain me as to what type of riding I will do.

I love the simplicity of the CB1100. It is smooth and such a lovely ride.

Nothing better than after a day of working to get on a bike and just do a short cool off ride.

But with the CB1100 I am thinking of longer more enjoyable rides exploring the area more.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I've shamelessly stolen this question from another motorcycle forum.

How do you ride your CB? Are you a fast canyon carver; a wannabe race rider; a touring rider; an aggressive commuting rider; a rider who hurtles along freeways; or a rider who motors sedately on country roads smelling the roses and bovine faecal matter?

I ride mine to tour, whenever I can on country roads. I'm way faster than Marc Marquez and take perfect lines through every corner. Strangely, though, that seems to be the case only when no one can see me. Otherwise I'm sedate and only moderately skilled.

Over to you.
I am a canyon carver trapped inside a touring rider's body. I'm hoping there is a surgical remedy for this, but Geriatricectomies are only being tested on rodents at this point.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I've shamelessly stolen this question from another motorcycle forum.

How do you ride your CB? Are you a fast canyon carver; a wannabe race rider; a touring rider; an aggressive commuting rider; a rider who hurtles along freeways; or a rider who motors sedately on country roads smelling the roses and bovine faecal matter?

I ride mine to tour, whenever I can on country roads. I'm way faster than Marc Marquez and take perfect lines through every corner. Strangely, though, that seems to be the case only when no one can see me. Otherwise I'm sedate and only moderately skilled.

Over to you.
I am a canyon carver trapped inside a touring rider's body. I'm hoping there is a surgical remedy for this, but Geriatricectomies are only being tested on rodents at this point.
That's funny Sea... I often say I have a cruiser's body and a sport tourer's mind.
 
jedd_imp said:
My cb11 is my fun, personal, bike,
0bde336836f98555306854581f9fd1a0.jpg


i enjoy riding it w/ my fellow homies when the weather's nice, & dry.
b74dd174e7bd6f7831dc1a795cd10104.jpg


I have other street bikes to use, so this bike sits in my garage all yr long and i'm perfectly ok with it.

664e64f61ac981d7b49df04e4daf3b8f.jpg

That coopers in Llano Tx? Looks really familiar, worked there in high school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t speed but I get to the speed limit as fast as I can. I like 3-5 hour rides usually with a destination in the middle to relax with good scenery. I ride with an eclectic group of bikes from Harley’s to triumphs. I don’t have a “style” I just enjoy the ride while cagers watch enviously.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
jedd_imp said:
My cb11 is my fun, personal, bike,
0bde336836f98555306854581f9fd1a0.jpg


i enjoy riding it w/ my fellow homies when the weather's nice, & dry.
b74dd174e7bd6f7831dc1a795cd10104.jpg


I have other street bikes to use, so this bike sits in my garage all yr long and i'm perfectly ok with it.

664e64f61ac981d7b49df04e4daf3b8f.jpg
That's some serious slab.
 
Yep, Cooper's in Llano.
bsavoy04_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
My cb11 is my fun, personal, bike,
0bde336836f98555306854581f9fd1a0.jpg


i enjoy riding it w/ my fellow homies when the weather's nice, & dry.
b74dd174e7bd6f7831dc1a795cd10104.jpg


I have other street bikes to use, so this bike sits in my garage all yr long and i'm perfectly ok with it.

664e64f61ac981d7b49df04e4daf3b8f.jpg

That coopers in Llano Tx? Looks really familiar, worked there in high school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t speed but I get to the speed limit as fast as I can. I like 3-5 hour rides usually with a destination in the middle to relax with good scenery. I ride with an eclectic group of bikes from Harley’s to triumphs. I don’t have a “style” I just enjoy the ride while cagers watch enviously.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top