Ah! my bad...it was a long day.Cormanus_imp said:K&N filters were the ones with problems.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ah! my bad...it was a long day.Cormanus_imp said:K&N filters were the ones with problems.
... and here at the Forum we are still happy you did Gone.Gone in 60_imp said:I had one of the K&Ns start to weep on my CB, but caught it before it became something more dangerous. Changed it asap.
I did see one guy on YouTube who cut open a Fram to be shocked to see rust on the inside of a spanking new filter. significant amounts of rust.The ferret_imp said:doh yea my bad too . It was the K&N and not the Fram. I'm blaming the poor reading comprehension on a head cold I have.
No, Tev, I don’t believe that’s right. There was a batch of K&N filters that had a flaw and leaked. The rest are probably fine, but, having experienced the failure at second hand, I won’t be using K&N filters.Tev62_imp said:The K&N problems were due to people tightening up the filter with the nut are they not? K&N specifically tell you not to use it, it is to aid removal only where it doesn't matter if you do any damage. Far too many people on YouTube tightening the crap out of oil filters when hand tight is just fine.
.........Tev62_imp said:The K&N problems were due to people tightening up the filter with the nut are they not? K&N specifically tell you not to use it, it is to aid removal only where it doesn't matter if you do any damage. Far too many people on YouTube tightening the crap out of oil filters when hand tight is just fine.
.........peterbaron_imp said:.........Tev62_imp said:The K&N problems were due to people tightening up the filter with the nut are they not? K&N specifically tell you not to use it, it is to aid removal only where it doesn't matter if you do any damage. Far too many people on YouTube tightening the crap out of oil filters when hand tight is just fine.
+1
Gone in 60_imp said:.........peterbaron_imp said:.........Tev62_imp said:The K&N problems were due to people tightening up the filter with the nut are they not? K&N specifically tell you not to use it, it is to aid removal only where it doesn't matter if you do any damage. Far too many people on YouTube tightening the crap out of oil filters when hand tight is just fine.
+1
+1
One, two, three, four, I call a filter war!!! :banana:
I was smart enough to hand-tighten my K&Ns, still got a leak at the spot-welded nut.


I would recommend Honda GN4 to any Honda owner.ichiban_imp said:10w-30 and I will not deviate even if I lived on Mars. Having seen all the internal memos and Honda R&D's technical deep dives, higher viscosity is better which is common folk law is grossly incorrect.
I wish I could share those documents but I can't, gagging order in force. I use Honda genuine oil, I will never be popular here. soz.
LOL!m in sc_imp said:last oil change I used Valvoline vr1, had a few 5 qt jugs from the car projects. for the Rotella people, its a bit higher in zinc content than the T6.![]()
