What motorcycle would you buy next?

alprider_imp said:
next bike in my collection could be the honda DAX....:angel:
If I can't manage the ergos of a Thruxton then I'm definitely not supple enough for a DAX! :s
 
Thread starter
I am also somewhat in love with the Yamaha MT-01. I don't think you guys in the USA ever got it. Once you have seen and heard an MT-01, you will not forget it. Totally crazy and not very practical, but that's what I like about it. But even here in Canada they are rare and relatively expensive (for 15-year old bikes). Still, if one shows up for sale close to home, I will be VERY tempted to get it.

dc68cbbcf66e53ad538f2a2841cb5fef.jpg
 
On one hand I think I want a sport touring bike, like a VFR1200, VFR800, R1200RS or even the V100 Mandello that looks so so so sexy. On the other hand I can tour on the CB and I did, two up.

I think the CB will stay no matter what, and that I'll get a Speed Twin or a Thruxton some day, depending of what I can find second hand. I really miss the big Triumph twin and I want to do more trackdays without getting a real sportsbike. If I stumble upon a racing green Thruxton R, my bank account may be in real danger.
 
Thread starter
The above Moto Guzzi Griso is my second bike at the moment. I am not sure which one I like more: the CB1100 or the Griso. It mainly depends on my mood: if I feel like going for a nice, longer but still spirited ride I take the Honda. For shorter rides at (barely) legal speeds on curvy roads, I take the Guzzi.

BTW I am sure that only VERY few passengers sit as relaxed and with a smile on a Griso like the lady in the above picture. In those rare cases that I had a passenger they liked it but were glad when it was over. :D
 
bioman_imp said:
The above Moto Guzzi Griso is my second bike at the moment. I am not sure which one I like more: the CB1100 or the Griso. It mainly depends on my mood: if I feel like going for a nice, longer but still spirited ride I take the Honda. For shorter rides at (barely) legal speeds on curvy roads, I take the Guzzi.

BTW I am sure that only VERY few passengers sit as relaxed and with a smile on a Griso like the lady in the above picture. In those rare cases that I had a passenger they liked it but were glad when it was over. :D
It is a great marketing snap, even if the gloves and possibly the jacket are too large for her.

I don't recall seeing any romantic CB1100 riding couples shots in my travels. Bah, just as well - no sharing!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
bioman_imp said:
The above Moto Guzzi Griso is my second bike at the moment. I am not sure which one I like more: the CB1100 or the Griso. It mainly depends on my mood: if I feel like going for a nice, longer but still spirited ride I take the Honda. For shorter rides at (barely) legal speeds on curvy roads, I take the Guzzi.

BTW I am sure that only VERY few passengers sit as relaxed and with a smile on a Griso like the lady in the above picture. In those rare cases that I had a passenger they liked it but were glad when it was over. :D
It is a great marketing snap, even if the gloves and possibly the jacket are too large for her.

I don't recall seeing any romantic CB1100 riding couples shots in my travels. Bah, just as well - no sharing!
You have to make your own shots...I'm sure it would be 2023 calendar worthy.

:bacon:
 
Well, that question has already been answered for me!

In true 'best laid plans...' style, I have had to say goodbye my CB1100RS. It was on a PCP agreement (low monthly payments, ballon payment at the end) and my intent had always been to pay the balloon at the end of the PCP and keep it. However, the money that was put to one side and earmarked for this has had to be used elsewhere and with just 18mths left on the agreement, finding the balloon payment afresh would not be feasible.

So, a rethink... with no realistic chance of keeping the RS, I decided (with financial advice and guidance from SWMBO) to sell the RS, which would hopefully generate a little profit over the PCP payback needed, and a spare GoPro, the parts from a gaming desktop PC and some other stuff and see if I could afford to buy another, albeit much cheaper, bike, anything that would keep me riding but buy it without use of any loans or a PCP.

Selling the RS actually brought in a surprisingly large windfall, way more than I was expecting, so, together with the money from the other bits and bobs I sold, I have, very luckily, been able to buy this....



... a 2010 CBF1000 in a very sparkly black. Bought, with just shy of 27k miles on the clock, as a trade-only deal (aka cheap and no warranty or come-back) but actually in very decent condition. Very happy with it, I must say.

Seems heavier moving it around the garage but lighter on the road than the RS, it's certainly got more 'get up and go' but that's mainly due to the gearing I reckon, and a more comfortable seat (for me).

It's also the black bike I was never going to buy!
 
pdedse_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Probably either a Zero SR/F

Zero Motorcycles SR/F - Electric Motorcycle Company | Zero Motorcycles

or the new Can Am Pulse

2024 Can-Am Electric Motorcycles

but chances are at 72 yo, the two I have (the CB and the NC 750X) will take me to the end of my riding days
My brother has one and uses only for around town (Springfield, MO) and really likes it for what it can do.

For me, I'm very happy with the 3 bikes I have: the CB, a W800 cafe and a KLR650...but the 2007 KLR is aging a bit and am thinking of replacing it with a Suzuki DR650.
My brother has one and uses only for around town (Springfield, MO) and really likes it for what it can do.

For me, I'm very happy with the 3 bikes I have: the CB, a W800 cafe and a KLR650...but the 2007 KLR is aging a bit and am thinking of replacing it with a Suzuki DR650.
What a coincidence, i have a CB, a W800 and a Suzuki Vstrom 650 XT.
I’m selling the w800 though, the CB serves me right to cover from relaxed w800 riding to more spirited driving. The Vstrom makes for everything else: long distance touring, workhorse, city and dirt roads if need it be.

I dont have a new one in mind right now, but who knows…
 
I really, realy love my CB1100. But I really, really want a new CB500X. Can't have both. Well, MAYBE if I sold the 750 Nighthawk. Nah, I love it too!
 
None.

I already bought one round about 5 years ago after the CB. A RE Chrome Classic 500 and have no future plans to buy another motorcycle again.
 
After I sold the CB I went full mini bike for almost two years. Honda Monkey & Kawi Z125. Got a good deal on a leftover ‘20 W800. It only gets ridden 2 up with my wife. Sold the Z just before that. I would love to have another Z
 
MM300_imp said:
After I sold the CB I went full mini bike for almost two years. Honda Monkey & Kawi Z125. Got a good deal on a leftover ‘20 W800. It only gets ridden 2 up with my wife. Sold the Z just before that. I would love to have another Z
Wow! CB to Monkey...that's quite the downsize.
 
pdedse_imp said:
MM300_imp said:
After I sold the CB I went full mini bike for almost two years. Honda Monkey & Kawi Z125. Got a good deal on a leftover ‘20 W800. It only gets ridden 2 up with my wife. Sold the Z just before that. I would love to have another Z
Wow! CB to Monkey...that's quite the downsize.
It’s funny how that happened. I bought the CB in ’14 as a commuter and, outside of that, I never rode it anywhere. I have no interest in distance riding. Already did decades of that.

For the final two years of CB ownership I quit riding it to work and just did back country road rides. So much fun. No traffic. Relatively low speed. This covers everything I need from motorcycling.

I got the Monkey a few months prior to selling the CB. The Monkey covered all the back road riding I was doing with the CB. It pushed the decision to sell the awesome CB. Never regretted it either.

That little Monkey bike provides all the joy of riding without some of the worst rubs. Traffic, tailgaters, diesel smoke and idiots trying to run you off the road.

I met my wife at the start of ‘20. I’ll admit that it would have been nice to have the CB then ‘cause she likes to ride. We ended up getting the W800 and it works well for the riding we do.
 
MM300_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
MM300_imp said:
After I sold the CB I went full mini bike for almost two years. Honda Monkey & Kawi Z125. Got a good deal on a leftover ‘20 W800. It only gets ridden 2 up with my wife. Sold the Z just before that. I would love to have another Z
Wow! CB to Monkey...that's quite the downsize.
It’s funny how that happened. I bought the CB in ’14 as a commuter and, outside of that, I never rode it anywhere. I have no interest in distance riding. Already did decades of that.

For the final two years of CB ownership I quit riding it to work and just did back country road rides. So much fun. No traffic. Relatively low speed. This covers everything I need from motorcycling.

I got the Monkey a few months prior to selling the CB. The Monkey covered all the back road riding I was doing with the CB. It pushed the decision to sell the awesome CB. Never regretted it either.

That little Monkey bike provides all the joy of riding without some of the worst rubs. Traffic, tailgaters, diesel smoke and idiots trying to run you off the road.

I met my wife at the start of ‘20. I’ll admit that it would have been nice to have the CB then ‘cause she likes to ride. We ended up getting the W800 and it works well for the riding we do.
If you can ride the Monkey almost everyday, then I would say that is alotta good days!
 
Been off of the reservation for a while with family and work stuff. I like the submissions that have been made so far.

-Zero SR/F - I test rode one last year. In sport mode, it went from 0-70 before my brain knew what happened. But it costs more than I paid for my car.
-Guzzi V100 Mandello - Bellissimo! I cruise by the local dealer every now and then, but they haven't received one yet for me to drool on. And... Italian electronics?
-T120 - If my '12 T100 vaporized right now, I'd replace it with this
-Brough Superior SS100 - I also want a golden toilet, but we can't always have everything, can we?
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been off of the reservation for a while with family and work stuff. I like the submissions that have been made so far.

-Zero SR/F - I test rode one last year. In sport mode, it went from 0-70 before my brain knew what happened. But it costs more than I paid for my car.
-Guzzi V100 Mandello - Bellissimo! I cruise by the local dealer every now and then, but they haven't received one yet for me to drool on. And... Italian electronics?
-T120 - If my '12 T100 vaporized right now, I'd replace it with this
-Brough Superior SS100 - I also want a golden toilet, but we can't always have everything, can we?
Some of the electronics (if not all?) are sourced from Aprilia.

I found the Aprilia electronics flawless.

The only Aprilia electrical problem I had was a loose ECU connector. However, this is not so unusual since Honda also has its share of these type of issues from time-to-time.


RE 2022 V100: I am still waiting for a price quote response.
 
Back
Top