What motorcycle would you buy next?

probably a small bike from honda like a supercub or the new dax. but other than the cb1100 my other dream bikes are the new hayabusa and katana
 
I'm currently playing around with the idea of picking up a Shadow 1100 touring or a VTX1300 T or R. Just something a bit better suited for 2up touring. And I love my Hondas. Whatever we end up getting (Probably sometime next year) will share the garage with the CB and other toys.
 
I put many miles on a VTX1300. Great highway bike, low maintenance with shaft drive and easy-to-reach screw adjusters on the valves.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I put many miles on a VTX1300. Great highway bike, low maintenance with shaft drive and easy-to-reach screw adjusters on the valves.
Thats what I'm hoping for, did it seem too bulky in slow, high traffic areas? I do kind of want FI and the floor boards swapped for pegs and idk how I'd feel about a heel toe shifter. But, I'm seeing clean VTX1300 bikes well under 20k miles for less then $5,000. It's pretty hard to beat that deal.
 
For whatever reason, it looks like VTX1300s and VTX1800s have been less affected by the general spike in used bike prices. They are heavy, but they are also low. So, they are a chore to push around in the garage, but once they start moving, they aren't too clumsy.

You mentioned the R and T models, which have the full fenders, with floorboards and heel-toe shifters. I got used to the shifting style no problem, but yeah, the boards drag on moderate leaning, like a wraparound highway onramp. If you look at the C model, it's got pegs and a regular shifter. They have bobbed-style fenders, and probably a straighter handlebar for more of a sporty riding position, but mechanically they are the same.
 
The bike I did buy next (whilst keeping the RS) is a BMW K1600 GTL. Private sale 2015 with 4k on the clock. Makes the RS feel like a 600!
 
I'm moving back to UK in next few months :banana: I'll be getting my dads 1954 Triumph T100 back :excited: was my first road bike, my 1st crash and 1st write off + the Mazda pick up that pulled out in front of me :D.
That covers the classic bit, quite fancy either a Trail bike (Brit single or 70's/80's Jap) or a little 2 stroke.
 
hondadownunder_imp said:
I'm moving back to UK in next few months :banana: I'll be getting my dads 1954 Triumph T100 back :excited: was my first road bike, my 1st crash and 1st write off + the Mazda pick up that pulled out in front of me :D.
That covers the classic bit, quite fancy either a Trail bike (Brit single or 70's/80's Jap) or a little 2 stroke.
Hopefully down under wasn't that bad. :-/
 
For a next motorcycle I would also consider a 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Travel.

However, aside from its positive attributes, there is a sort of laundry list of compromises, at least compared to an upper tier ADV bike.

 
“However, aside from its positive attributes, there is a sort of laundry list of compromises, at least compared to an upper tier ADV bike.”. Not the least of which is finding a Guzzi dealership with a reputable service department which stays in business for longer than 6 months.
 
I am very very tempted to pick up an Aprilia 660 Tuano Factory.

Pros-

light weight at 400 full tank ready to ride, w/ decent power- 100hp & just under 50tq

Upgraded fully adjustable suspension

Looks nice

Sounds nice

Supposed to be very comfortable

Supposed to be extremely fun to ride

Great gas mileage.

Every possible electronic gizmo you can think of- traction control, wheelie control, smart ABS, even headlights that aim as you go into a turn.


Con- questionable reliability.
 
Purely family reasons. 15 year old daughter is massively into her music (singer/guitarist) and there are just so many more opportunities for her over there. and also I'm setting up my own restoration business, motorbikes and classic commercial vehicles also specials building.
 
Hope it works brilliantly for you both, hondadownunder.
 
My wife, who is not into bikes at all, has decided she would like to join me in a European Tour next year so my plans for downsizing went on hold. I stuck a deposit down on a 2023 BMW R1250GS and my faithful five year old Tiger 1200 has gone. It was getting a little heavy for me but change to the GS and a switch from Aluminium Luggage to plastic will shed 50Kg (110lbs) and retain a pillion capability. I know a R1300GS is imminent, maybe 6-12 months but I decided to move, there will always be a newer bike around the corner.

Never owned a BMW, its price was somewhat eye watering but I got a better than expected trade-in on the Triumph which took the sting out of the cost to change. Has the Pandemic limited the supply of 2nd hand bikes giving prices a lift? I'll pick it up in January with a new registration. I'll do my best to look down on everyone and never wave at another motorcyclist again.

The Rally seat while looking very nice will be replaced with a traditional two piece unit to suit two up riding.

 
Back
Top