What methods/products do you use for cleaning your windscreen?

CBryder_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I get a lot of bugs on my helmet windscreen, and shudder at the thought of trying to keep a full windshield clean.
 
Plexus

You can lay a wet rag or whatever on the windshield or even the helmet shield and let the bugs soak for a while, then they come off easy. Then use Plexus. Heck, I use it on my headlight and my car headlights. Great stuff.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Plexus

You can lay a wet rag or whatever on the windshield or even the helmet shield and let the bugs soak for a while, then they come off easy. Then use Plexus. Heck, I use it on my headlight and my car headlights. Great stuff.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Plexus

You can lay a wet rag or whatever on the windshield or even the helmet shield and let the bugs soak for a while, then they come off easy. Then use Plexus. Heck, I use it on my headlight and my car headlights. Great stuff.
I ALWAYS use the wet towel method on my helmet shield since reading it on a Shoei site. After each ride, I wet a cut down t-shirt, drape it over the screen for >10 minutes, then wipe remaining bugs off, and dry with a MICRO fiber glass cleaner cloth. I never use Windex and paper towels like I used to as a kid. My shield still looks new after 3 seasons.
 
Me too on the wet rag method for windscreen and helmet. I use Novus plastic polish, probably simlar to Plexus. I also use Novus on the front forks and wheels after cleaning.
 
After I clean my shield with water or plexus or Honda cleaner I give every thing a good coat of Motul Shine&Go
It keeps the bugs from sticking and make everything easy to clean up. I also put it on the headlight mirror backs
fork legs etc. It also makes bare plastic stuff look good.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Plexus

You can lay a wet rag or whatever on the windshield or even the helmet shield and let the bugs soak for a while, then they come off easy. Then use Plexus. Heck, I use it on my headlight and my car headlights. Great stuff.
+1 to everything that he wrote. Great stuff, and great technique for removing carcasses.
 
A good coat of pure carnauba auto wax on a regular basis will help the bugs come off much more easily. After each ride I use a little quick detailer spray and a soft micro fiber towel to remove any bug hits from my visor or the plexi windscreen.
 
CA200_imp said:
After I clean my shield with water or plexus or Honda cleaner I give every thing a good coat of Motul Shine&Go
It keeps the bugs from sticking and make everything easy to clean up. I also put it on the headlight mirror backs
fork legs etc. It also makes bare plastic stuff look good.
Hmmm. Interesting. I am not familiar with the Motul Shine & Go.
MUST check out the product. I've been sold on the Motul chain cleaner and chain lube for quite a while now; so much so that I have no need/desire to search for another product. It's that good. :thumbsup:
 
I use Honda's spray polish and a microfiber cloth. If there's a lot of bugs I let the spray soak for a bit. May have to try the damp cloth technique, though.
 
Back
Top