what is under your seat?

Do we know if the "tool kit" was also used in any other models? Surely they used the same size bolts and axle on other bikes. My 2014 doesn't have a tool kit but I'd like to have the small under seat one at all times instead of a few small tools in the bucket.

I always take an actual tool roll with me on big trips to fix all the bikes that arnt Hondas :)


I have a screwdriver, knife, duct tape, zip ties, Allen keys, wrench. Cant fit much more because the power commander is also in the box.

Can't tell you how many times people have needed the zip ties to make it home... #1 used item.


I also always carry a Tourniquet inside my vest. And an IFAK in my saddle bag on trips.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
You can order the tools in a full tool kit from your dealer or on-line parts house. Or just make one up with tools of your choice.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can order the tools in a full tool kit from your dealer or on-line parts house. Or just make one up with tools of your choice.
I have to good ole harbor freight crimper/terminal kits and heat shrink. Hasn't failed me in the paste with my trucks accessories but I was looking at these marine grade connectors for this project, or possibly a step down connector.

Amazon.com

38cf1228baf23055f2546c38623bb97a.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can order the tools in a full tool kit from your dealer or on-line parts house. Or just make one up with tools of your choice.
I have to good ole harbor freight crimper/terminal kits and heat shrink. Hasn't failed me in the paste with my trucks accessories but I was looking at these marine grade connectors for this project, or possibly a step down connector.

Amazon.com

38cf1228baf23055f2546c38623bb97a.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I have used these type of connectors many times. They actually work incredibly well. However, I still put electrical tape over the joint as extra precaution. Nevertheless, effective.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can order the tools in a full tool kit from your dealer or on-line parts house. Or just make one up with tools of your choice.
I have to good ole harbor freight crimper/terminal kits and heat shrink. Hasn't failed me in the paste with my trucks accessories but I was looking at these marine grade connectors for this project, or possibly a step down connector.

Amazon.com

38cf1228baf23055f2546c38623bb97a.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I have used these type of connectors many times. They actually work incredibly well. However, I still put electrical tape over the joint as extra precaution. Nevertheless, effective.
I have used these type of connectors many times. They actually work incredibly well. However, I still put electrical tape over the joint as extra precaution. Nevertheless, effective. Good to know, I was considering still putting a weather rated heat shrink over the fitting for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can order the tools in a full tool kit from your dealer or on-line parts house. Or just make one up with tools of your choice.
I apologize and realize I responded to you thinking this was on the accessory plug thread

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
After an incident last year, I have started to bring along also a small bottle of water under the seat. Being stranded with a flight tire, under a scorching sun with no real hope for cover, left me quite dehydrated. At the time, I so wished I had some water with me, and so now I always put a small bottle under the seat before I head out just in case...
 
Henrik_imp said:
After an incident last year, I have started to bring along also a small bottle of water under the seat. Being stranded with a flight tire, under a scorching sun with no real hope for cover, left me quite dehydrated. At the time, I so wished I had some water with me, and so now I always put a small bottle under the seat before I head out just in case...
Makes me wonder as a society how we got out of the 70s. I don't recall ever carrying water with me. In old movies of the era no reference was ever given that people might be thirsty for water (sans spaghetti westerns, scenes in bars/pubs etc. don't count).

Today, indeed it is common to encounter on group rides.
 
Henrik_imp said:
After an incident last year, I have started to bring along also a small bottle of water under the seat. Being stranded with a flight tire, under a scorching sun with no real hope for cover, left me quite dehydrated. At the time, I so wished I had some water with me, and so now I always put a small bottle under the seat before I head out just in case...
A mylar blanket might be a good idea for you too. They take lf virtually no room and ca. Be used to reflect or retain heat. You could grab a 4 pack from Amazon for like 8$ and keep 1 under your seat. They are slimmer than a deck of cards until you unfold it. I actually used 1 to water proof my gear when I got caught in the rain up in the white mountains.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Henrik_imp said:
After an incident last year, I have started to bring along also a small bottle of water under the seat. Being stranded with a flight tire, under a scorching sun with no real hope for cover, left me quite dehydrated. At the time, I so wished I had some water with me, and so now I always put a small bottle under the seat before I head out just in case...
Makes me wonder as a society how we got out of the 70s. I don't recall ever carrying water with me. In old movies of the era no reference was ever given that people might be thirsty for water (sans spaghetti westerns, scenes in bars/pubs etc. don't count).

Today, indeed it is common to encounter on group rides.
Makes me wonder as a society how we got out of the 70s. I don't recall ever carrying water with me. In old movies of the era no reference was ever given that people might be thirsty for water (sans spaghetti westerns, scenes in bars/pubs etc. don't count).

Today, indeed it is common to encounter on group rides.
Actually, in my case, it really has nothing to do with a change in society. I tend to go on rides in the mountains around here, and you are often in the middle of nowhere. After a few hours in the sun with nothing to drink, it can become a problem. Incidentally, as a kid I lived in the desert, and I learnt the importance of having some water along.

Sure, I could probably find a stream or something to drink from, which would help with the dehydration. I just would prefer to avoid the upset stomach that is likely to give me.

That said, I agree with you that society today seems to have become obsessed with hydrating yourself, something that I agree I saw nothing of in the 70's. Well, except for when we would go out in the desert...
 
Back
Top