what is under your seat?

rich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
while giving my bike a good once over flushing fluids and such i looked in the factory tool kit and an allen wrench and screw driver that is all. i like to be prepared. i know it is a Honda and will not break down but i can help other riders. so i carry this kit item on right is a small led light that plugs in to battery tender with a long lead i also carry a tire plug kit in a small tail bag
d510f59edb3829b58858b5b8c6250bb6.jpg
 
Not sure what's under my seat. Probably haven't been under there in 3 years lol
 
Have you tools to take the wheel off to repair a puncture? Apart from that I can't see why you would need any tools for the CB1100 or any other modern bike. When I had bikes with points I would carry a spare condensor and points and a screwdriver to fit/adjust those and a screwdriver that would allow me to drop the carb float bowl (or get to the drain) if I needed to drain water. While on a spectacularly rainy visit to the Isle of Man for the TT I had to drain my Harley Lowrider Convertible float bowls. The bike was less than a year old but water somehow got in the tank, maybe via the filler vent and I just couldn't get started.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Where did this seat come from???, seems not OEM
whitehouse kit
Tev62_imp said:
Have you tools to take the wheel off to repair a puncture? Apart from that I can't see why you would need any tools for the CB1100 or any other modern bike. When I had bikes with points I would carry a spare condensor and points and a screwdriver to fit/adjust those and a screwdriver that would allow me to drop the carb float bowl (or get to the drain) if I needed to drain water. While on a spectacularly rainy visit to the Isle of Man for the TT I had to drain my Harley Lowrider Convertible float bowls. The bike was less than a year old but water somehow got in the tank, maybe via the filler vent and I just couldn't get started.
i have tubeless tires and carry a tire plug kit
 
i have tubeless tires and carry a tire plug kit


That'll do it! :thumbsup: I will have tubeless in a few more weeks time.
 
I have standard tool+, tire repair kit with CO2, $50 emergency, some moto miscellaneous
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
Uhh, are those the super absorbent rags you use for oil leaks? The pink box under the seat.
yep
i take care of my mom
she leaks a bit must have some harley in her
 
rich_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Uhh, are those the super absorbent rags you use for oil leaks? The pink box under the seat.
yep
i take care of my mom
she leaks a bit must have some harley in her
yep
i take care of my mom
she leaks a bit must have some harley in her
Just kidding. But gotta take care of her, as long as we can!
Every time you visit, it's like Valentines Day to her.
 
rich_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Uhh, are those the super absorbent rags you use for oil leaks? The pink box under the seat.
yep
i take care of my mom
she leaks a bit must have some harley in her
yep
i take care of my mom
she leaks a bit must have some harley in her
:rofl:
 
Apart from the battery and a few wires, it's as empty as it gets. I guess it's safe to say there is absolutely nothing under my seat.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
jedd_imp said:
Under my seat's two rok straps & bungee net.
6ad0f6651a2d47cf0dd6702d3c86c3ba.jpg
Bungee net is useful. I had one under my CB1100 saddle. A group rider had a "cargo failure" and we were very far from anywhere. The bungee net became very handy for him and he made it home safely with his gear.
 
Nothing under my seat but the battery and that black plastic storage bin that sits on top of it. I figure if I break down on my 12 mile commute, I'll be on the side of a busy freeway, not the place to try to make repairs.

Heck, I hadn't been under my seat for so long that last Monday when I was flushing fluids, I had to look up where the release latch for the seat was hidden so I could get to the rear brake reservoir.
 
Interesting what comes up from this question, i think i will follow pete's example and fold a $50 bill somewhere;:)

3 options to fix a puncture depending on the circumstances;
1 ; a small screw with solvent
2 ; rubber strips and co2
3 ; green slime as required at the time, not permanently applied inside the tire with co2 added



Good idea Peter.
 
Back
Top