What is a good price for a 2014 CB 1100?

Kung Fu Joe_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello,

I'm currently shopping for a leftover (new) CB 1100. What is a good price to pay? Most of them are listed from $8000-$8999 in my area.

When I say price I mean all/any fees etc, minus tax and registration.

Has anyone bought one recently?

Thanks.
 
you are right in there,I think without your local tax & tag fee mid 8's is a fair figure. There are a lot of the 14 STD out there, you should be able to make that deal:thumbsup:
 
Kung Fu's area is Vermont for those who know that area.
 
FWIW, the 2014 standard is easily worth the full MSRP, so anything less (IMO) is a steal!

5595c739f2619594238a1a75e91a5947.gif
 
Kung Fu Joe_imp said:
Hello,

I'm currently shopping for a leftover (new) CB 1100. What is a good price to pay? Most of them are listed from $8000-$8999 in my area.

When I say price I mean all/any fees etc, minus tax and registration.

Has anyone bought one recently?

Thanks.
There's another thread here, including a link to Cycle Trader, listing a new CB for sale for $6499. In Pennsylvania.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-114430616

It might be a bait-and-switch; but a phone call or email wouldn't hurt.
 
Thread starter
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Kung Fu Joe_imp said:
Hello,

I'm currently shopping for a leftover (new) CB 1100. What is a good price to pay? Most of them are listed from $8000-$8999 in my area.

When I say price I mean all/any fees etc, minus tax and registration.

Has anyone bought one recently?

Thanks.
There's another thread here, including a link to Cycle Trader, listing a new CB for sale for $6499. In Pennsylvania.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-114430616

It might be a bait-and-switch; but a phone call or email wouldn't hurt.
There's another thread here, including a link to Cycle Trader, listing a new CB for sale for $6499. In Pennsylvania.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-114430616

It might be a bait-and-switch; but a phone call or email wouldn't hurt.
Oh thank you. I should have specified in my post... Its gotta gotta gotta be black. My mistake. I called on the one in IN for $6999, you have to show up in person to fill out the paperwork... too far for me.
 
I'd start with a search on Cycletrader, many dealers list their bikes on there. One has to look at procurement costs, not worth it to travel 5 hours one way to save $200. You may need a one way ride anyway.

You may have to add a bunch to listed prices, some can be dealer shenanigans. I paid right at $8800 out the door for my 2014 CB1100 'standard' just a month ago. It was an easy transaction from a dealer 40 miles away. I don't consider my price a 'steal', but ballpark anyway.

My dealer is also within reach if I have any issues the 1st year, with a good reputation. Even though any dealer can service the bike under warranty, it's usually easier from the selling dealership.
 
Thread starter
I agree that it's worth it to buy locally if you can... At least if the price was within a few hundred dollars.

Was that $8800 the before tax cost?

sourdough44_imp said:
I'd start with a search on Cycletrader, many dealers list their bikes on there. One has to look at procurement costs, not worth it to travel 5 hours one way to save $200. You may need a one way ride anyway.

You may have to add a bunch to listed prices, some can be dealer shenanigans. I paid right at $8800 out the door for my 2014 CB1100 'standard' just a month ago. It was an easy transaction from a dealer 40 miles away. I don't consider my price a 'steal', but ballpark anyway.

My dealer is also within reach if I have any issues the 1st year, with a good reputation. Even though any dealer can service the bike under warranty, it's usually easier from the selling dealership.
 
Kung Fu Joe - just curious, is that just a cool name or are you involved in MA? I ask because I am a student of the arts myself...
 
Kung Fu Joe_imp said:
I agree that it's worth it to buy locally if you can... At least if the price was within a few hundred dollars.

Was that $8800 the before tax cost?

sourdough44_imp said:
I'd start with a search on Cycletrader, many dealers list their bikes on there. One has to look at procurement costs, not worth it to travel 5 hours one way to save $200. You may need a one way ride anyway.

You may have to add a bunch to listed prices, some can be dealer shenanigans. I paid right at $8800 out the door for my 2014 CB1100 'standard' just a month ago. It was an easy transaction from a dealer 40 miles away. I don't consider my price a 'steal', but ballpark anyway.

My dealer is also within reach if I have any issues the 1st year, with a good reputation. Even though any dealer can service the bike under warranty, it's usually easier from the selling dealership.
[/QUOTE]

That was after everything, prep,setup, tax, plate transfer off my DR-650 and whatever else they could tack on.
 
Kung Foo: Have you been to Land Air ? I have a 14 Deluxe & have bought service parts from them. Very nice people & beautiful showroom. Located outside Burlington. I was told that the owner had a CB1100. I'm in Lincoln , outside Bristol & can meet you there if you want.
I bought my Deluxe from Parkway Cycle in Everett , Ma. last Fall for $10,450. complete. They're a huge dealer network of Boston area dealers. Just 3 hours away. Hope this helps. Rocket
 
Thread starter
I used to take Judo and Taekwondo in my youth... I was watching I'm Gonna Git You Sucka with my buddies as a teenager... They started breaking my chops, and the name stuck. LOL.

veech_imp said:
Kung Fu Joe - just curious, is that just a cool name or are you involved in MA? I ask because I am a student of the arts myself...
Thanks Rocket. I would have taken you up on that had I seen your post earlier. I was already at Land Air at 12:25 pm ... Hahahaha... Great minds think alike. I didn't buy it though... It absolutely killed my wrists so I came back to do some homework to find a solution. It was a great day to ride here... Probably would have been better riding home on a new bike... Dooh!
Thanks sourdough44... Sounds like you got a good deal!
 
$8000 OTD for a standard seems about right for most of the country. I've seen dealers advertise for as low as $5999; but after all the BS dealer "fees", shipping, taxes, title and tag fees are included, it's gonna be around $8000, you could get for $7600 to $7800 if you really squeezed hard at some dealers.
 
Back
Top