What does G91 stand for under the gastank cap (see pic)?

bioman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Is it a recommendation for the ideal octane level percentage?


665a73cf7cba36f4035949f50ae4ad5e.jpg
 
Mine says the same thing so it is not for octane. 87 specified for US CBs.
 
Mine says the same thing and, even though Honda recommends 91 octane fuel in Australia, I suspect it's more likely to be a part number.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Mine says the same thing so it is not for octane. 87 specified for US CBs.
Can be "91 octane RON", which is the standard in Europe (and I assume most parts except the US)

91 RON can be 87 octane (US)
 
Honda would likely put a sticky label on the fuel tank if the CB1100 required a performance grade of gasoline and not void warranty.

"G91" is a subassembly number.
 
One of the first things I noticed when I was looking at my CB was that the gas cap was the same as my old Nighthawk 750.

Can someone here with a Nighthawk see if their gas cap has the same stamping?
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
Apart from that your fuel looks dead murky :huh:
Haha, yes, it looks very oddly coloured indeed in this picture. But I can assure you that in real life, all is well. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top