What did your first service cost?

Frulk_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm at 600 miles and called my dealer today and scheduled the first service. when I asked what it would run the gal said $49.99 plus oil and filter.

Now, that didn't sound right as my first Guzzi service was $501 so I'm just seeing what you guys were paying in case I need to call back and get clarification. Most shop's run between $70-90 an hour just for shop time.
 
Maybe you get a discount for buying your bike there? If they do the whole 600 mile service it should be at least an hour. See the how to section here for the whole thing. Ferret posted a pictorial on it.
 
Mine was $180 I think - took a couple of hours. I'd say your dealer isn't planning on being very thorough.
 
I may be out on a limb here but I think most of us did our own first service. Mainly it consists of changing the oil and filter, adjusting the drive chain if needed, inspect for loose fasteners. That's pretty much it.

With the Guzzi there are two more fluids to deal with and adjusting the valves. On the CB you don't even check the valves yet.
 
$70-$90? Good price. Where I live nothing is less than $100 an hour and usually more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Not there yet, but when it's time for my 600 mile service it will cost me: one service manual, four quarts of Honda 10w30 full synthetic, one oil filter, one drain plug crush washer, and one bottle of beer (maybe two). When it comes time to do the valves it will require: reusing the service manual and one case of beer (maybe two).:D
 
$12 for a OEM oil filter, $23 gallon of GN4 oil
 
Mine was $29. $21 for a gallon of Rotella T6 and $8 for the filter (I bulk buy the filters whenever I see them on sale, since my CB750 uses the same type).
 
Use Dr Dactyl's Omnigrade Motorcycle Oil and the number of zeros will extend way past the capacity of fingers to count!
 
Back
Top