What did you do to your CB1100 Today?

dBuster_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I installed a coffee cup holder on my PCX
and adjusted my chain on the CB for the first time

I need to ride soon or I may burst
Where did you mount that coffee cup holder?

I hear you about riding! This winter has dragged on entirely too long, at least it seems like that.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
on the bars

cb1991dd7c74e1327d50a932e76adaaa.jpg


it is a kruzer kaddy
bought it real cheap at a bike parts flea market
 
I've seen a lot of things attached to bikes but a cup holder on a motorcycle is something new to me, and slightly wierd, but maybe I need to get out more. How about an ashtray, now that would 'take the cake'!!
 
Aussieflyer_imp said:
I've seen a lot of things attached to bikes but a cup holder on a motorcycle is something new to me, and slightly wierd, but maybe I need to get out more. How about an ashtray, now that would 'take the cake'!!
Yes, if your version of cake is ashes blowing in your face.
 
Aussieflyer_imp said:
I've seen a lot of things attached to bikes but a cup holder on a motorcycle is something new to me, and slightly wierd, but maybe I need to get out more. How about an ashtray, now that would 'take the cake'!!
Hey what can I say. I like my coffee. My scooter is my commuter vehicle and the crap they brew at work is like drinking mud.I get to work about 20 minutes early like a good cup of joe. I bring my own coffee from home.
If that is weird than so be it!
 
Aussieflyer_imp said:
I've seen a lot of things attached to bikes but a cup holder on a motorcycle is something new to me, and slightly wierd, but maybe I need to get out more. How about an ashtray, now that would 'take the cake'!!
Apparently you have never been to a Goldwing rally. :rofl:
 
... like I thought, I must get out more. Electric starters and flashing turn signals are the upper limit of my 'must have' luxury list.

No offence meant Ole, I was just having some fun and saw an opening to use my "about as useless as an ashtray on a motorcyle" line, my apologies if it came across poorly.

Think I'll go and clean my goggles and wipe down the leather skull cap ready for my next ride.
 
Rode it again. I suppose I'll have to clean it soon. :(
 
Bought myself a featherduster to take care of the thin layer of dust which mysteriously appears on my tank every morning.
I never realised how much more effort it is to keep a black motorcycle clean.
 
MrTim_imp said:
Bought myself a featherduster to take care of the thin layer of dust which mysteriously appears on my tank every morning.
I never realised how much more effort it is to keep a black motorcycle clean.
It's perverse, isn't it? You'd think white cars/bikes/houses would be harder to keep clean, but they're not. Dark colours, while they look fantastic, are much harder work.
 
Aussieflyer_imp said:
... like I thought, I must get out more. Electric starters and flashing turn signals are the upper limit of my 'must have' luxury list.

No offence meant Ole, I was just having some fun and saw an opening to use my "about as useless as an ashtray on a motorcyle" line, my apologies if it came across poorly.

Think I'll go and clean my goggles and wipe down the leather skull cap ready for my next ride.
Many years ago, I made the comment that when I get too old to kickstart my own motorcycle, I will get someone else to start it, then I will ride it head on into a bridge abutment

Now they no longer even have kick starters thank goodness lol
 
Did my first oil change today and I have to say this is one of the easiest bikes to work on. A few minutes on the lift and done. Took exactly 4 qts of Honda Pro Synthetic 10W/30. Everything on this bike seems well thought out.

646518b8cc7f28c5cafdaf3aaa8745e9.jpg


04ded51cafa74d35e505fa7f7f1b3fd0.jpg
 
I did not do anything to my CB today but study it. And take a few measurements.
Looks like I will be adding a set of LED's to the SW Motech engine guards. I think that will be a good place to put them.
 
Today my TSR air funnel arrived, I installed it and went for a ride. I am still waiting for my Arrow muffler. Today was the first time I got to ride it since installing the PCV, it is like a different bike.
 
INTP_imp said:
Today my TSR air funnel arrived, I installed it and went for a ride. I am still waiting for my Arrow muffler. Today was the first time I got to ride it since installing the PCV, it is like a different bike.
How Kevin? What do you notice differently?
 
Replaced the left crankcase cover today. Scratched it the other day when I dropped it. No major damage just my pride and a few gouges on the cover. Changed the oil and filter while I was at it. You lose about a cup of oil when you pull it off. I will tell you that stator has a heck of a pull. Didn't need to take the starter off as per the service manual. Would of made it easier. Couldn't find any 3 bond 1207b, so I used Permatex Ulta Grey. Everything appears to be working just fine. Used honda gen4 10w-30 and honda oil filter. You guys were right, the filter was on tight. Took it off with channel locks.
 
I rode it today.
It's been so damn cold and we have had the most amount of snow since the winter of '25-'26 that I have not been out on it since November. It was 38 degrees and the sun & wind had dried the main roads enough to ride safely. Just rode around the city for a while. Felt good. Saw one other rider on a sportster.
 
Hey Ferret,
The bike with the TSR air funnel, K&N and PCV reminds me of my ZRX. I was hoping the Arrow exhaust would have been delivered by now, but with this nice weather I decided to ride it with the stock exhaust.

It seems to start easier and idle smoother. It makes a very nice intake sound on both acceleration and deceleration. If you revit at idle, it seems to spin up much faster, like it has a lightened flywheel.

The bike pulls hard all the way to redline. I have never redlined this bike until today. It runs the way it should. I can't wait for the exhaust tom be delivered.

Up until this morning I was considering adding another bike. I have a friend who wants to sell a 2010 Duc Monster 1100 and I was also looking at a Suzuki B-King. I have previously owned a ZRX and a ZX12 and felt I was missing out with the CB11. After my ride today, I no longer feel like the CB is not powerful enough.
 
Back
Top