What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Thanks! Or, I can take the Shad seat to my local reupholsterer and have him do it in a less flashy design and get my money back by selling the stock seat, but who knows, I might like the stock one as it is.
 
Gone in 60 said:
I have been selling a ton of stuff for my company, and personal items for my boss, on Facebook Marketplace. Lots of flakes, horror stories, and I will be glad to delete all 20+ items sometime next week before I leave. I also buy things on FB, and sometimes the transactions go great, and sometimes they go sideways in weird and horrific ways.... So ended the saga, and I'll see if everyone is right about how torturous the stock seat really is.

Sounds kinda humorous after the fact; you got $30 for your pain and suffering...naturally you should immediately hand over the $30 in saving to Mrs. G.
 
I'm going to change the oil and detail her CRV this weekend. That's worth more than $30. Plus, she makes more than me, especially with both of our new jobs.
pdedse said:
Sounds kinda humorous after the fact; you got $30 for your pain and suffering...naturally you should immediately hand over the $30 in saving to Mrs. G.
 
Thread starter
Day 40 .... a beautiful winter day in the Ohio Valley. 58 degrees and sunny for today's 51-mile ride. 60 degrees and sunny for tomorrow, then snow predicted for both Sunday and Monday and 1" of rain predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday, Snow for Thursday, rain for Fri and Sat then snow again the following Sunday. Don't like the weather, wait a day and it will change lol.
 
Thread starter
Day 41...another beautiful day (the last for a while they say).. so I got out Blue Bird for it's maiden ride in 2026. What a nice bike. 42-miles @ 60 degrees and sunny for today's late afternoon ride.

As it was the last day of the month the numbers are in

For the month 19 days of 28 ridden for 835 miles
For the year 41 of 59 days ridden for 1770 miles
 
Got a text from the very kind gentleman I bought Superbird from. He found a few bits that go with the bike and wanted me to have them. His house was in a part of L.A. that was on the way to the museum, so I told him I could drop by to pick them up on my way to work Saturday morning.

I swung by and he gave me a bag of goodies, a battery charger, clamp-style cruise control, and a side stand foot enlarger. He came out to look at the NC and liked what I had done and said I’d made it look brand new. He said as soon as he saw me, he knew the bike would be in good hands and was glad I wasn’t some young kid who would abuse it. I told him I’d been going through some tough times at work, and that working on the NC had sort of been therapy for me.

I had planned to take a few cool shots of Superbird in front of the museum since it was early morning and I could park across the street and not have traffic in the way of some nice pictures. But he and I had chatted so long that I was running late and dashed straight there to get into uniform and check out the cars I’d be showing.

After a lovely shift talking with people about the collection, I suited back up and headed to the garage. A few of the museum guests I’d been talking with followed me out, and gave me some very nice compliments on Superbird.

My future boss asked if I’d be up for a meeting this morning to look over the “Blood Bike” I’ll be riding and to go for a nice Sunday ride. Sounded great and he gave an address for our meetup. It sounded familiar, up in the hills near the Hollywood sign. I figured I’d go ride by just to see where it was, especially to get a better orientation when I show back up this morning.

Rode up into the hills onto “Wonderview Drive”, but the directions peeled me off to the other direction from the tourist melee near the sign. Whew. The narrow street wound further up the hill until it passed a huge home with a long sweeping driveway. At the top were some very nice cars, along with a pair of bright yellow BMWs with “Blood” printed on the tail boxes.

Ok, looks legit…I turned around and headed back down the hill and jumped on the 101 for the long ride home. Traffic through Hollywood was jammed but I sailed through. I needed a pick-me-up though and decided to stop for a coffee.

Ducked off the 101 and headed to the Bike Shed. I like their iced coffee and figured why not cap off a great day by chatting with some fellow riders.

There was a lot of unusual activity going on in the area… blocked off streets, and strange looking people milling around. I figured maybe some kind of protest or demonstration was going on. No big deal. A few people were waving at me like they wanted me to get out of the area. What was their deal?

Turning onto Industrial Street with the Bike Shed in view ahead, I was horrified to see a swarm of police cars and fire trucks all around it. More people were waving at me but I wanted to see what was going on!

I got closer and a police motorcycle pulled in front of me. A security guard jumped off and angrily waved for me to turn around and get out. He pointed up and behind me.

I looked back to see a pair of large snorkel lift trucks with their platforms high in the air, with several people and cameras on them. They were all glaring at me.

Turns out that the whole neighborhood was being used as a movie or tv filming set. I had gone around some kind of makeshift barricade blocks back and was riding through their shots blissfully unaware thinking of coffee and chatting with other riders.

I sheepishly waved to everyone in apology and slunk away and headed home, still in need of that coffee. When I got to my garage, I took the goodies out of the bag Superbird’s previous owner gave me. He had slipped a note in the bag that wished me well and safe riding.

Suiting up now to go meet up with my new boss. I love Superbird but I’m taking the CB1100… I want to impress!
 
Hahahaa...that's funny--you a movie extra now! I'll bet the director sees you in some footage and decides to keep you and Superbird in the film.
 
The riding season is officially open!

Last Wednesday the F900XR, the red one:
PXL_20260225_152811719.jpg


With a view of the Alps:
PXL_20260225_154836191.jpg


Thursday the black R18, the little one:
PXL_20260226_140302529.jpg


ps: for some reasons I was'nt able to insert the links as pictures. It showed me a little broken picture when I tried it.
Thanks to Cormanus, I found the reason and was able to fix it.
 
Very nice.
I wish, I would state the same.. but unforunately we have snow every other day or two  :(
 
Django said:
ps: for some reasons I was'nt able to insert the links as pictures. It showed me a little broken picture when I tried it.

I think because the links are to a low-security site — http v. https — but I'm not certain. The same thing happened to me recently when I tried to insert a link to a picture on the old site.
 
It's always exciting when the weather allows for great riding! Very nice photos, love the Alps in the distance.
 
Yesterday I had my exit interview at my outgoing job and turned in my keys, cards and 'puter.
The Moto-med-courier gig starts this evening.

My final paycheck with all of my PTO lumped in hit my account this morning. I celebrated by snagging a set of Givi side case racks for Superbird on sale. That will make her a proper, three-box tourer in case I get the chance to ride north a state or two. Couple of people I owe some visits to...
 
Spent the wee hours before going to bed changing all of the clocks. Easy peasy on the CB1100. Still getting the hang of it on Superbird. But proud to say I didn’t have to break out the YouTube tutorial for the first time.

Then turned to the BMW with its menus and Wonderwheel handlebar selector thingee. Figured it out without much trouble.
 
Bikeless for 11 months now, but still dreaming!
 

Attachments

  • T120 right.webp
    T120 right.webp
    112 KB · Views: 33
My goodness, SportsterDoc...that is gorgeous!! Please buy one. If you don't, I may have to.
 
Back
Top