What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Thread starter
agree with Cormanus and the pics are always outstanding. Appreciate your contribution.
 
Thanks for the kind comments; the natural beauty of the Northwest seems endless.  I was disappointed with the haziness from forest fires coming from somewhere.  You can actually see Mt. Adams from where I live in Oregon, 75 miles away as the crow flies.  I could barely make out the peak while at the lake, only 5 miles away.  

Had it been a clear day it might have looked something like this (not my photo)

axiRN2f.jpg
 
Like Mt Hood, it's imposing.
 
La police est la police, où que tu sois. C'est la vie, mon ami.

Je suis sûr que Jésus enverra un archange pour discuter avec l'agent et lui demander comment occuper au mieux son temps.

Superbe photo, belle moto et un merveilleux souvenir, même si ça coûte un peu d'argent.

J'espère que mon français est correct. Même si j'essaie de parler français avec ma mère, elle passe généralement rapidement à l'anglais car je fais beaucoup d'erreurs. :)

Merci de votre participation au forum. Tout le monde aime vos messages.
 
rdprdp01 said:
La police est la police, où que tu sois. C'est la vie, mon ami.

Je suis sûr que Jésus enverra un archange pour discuter avec l'agent et lui demander comment occuper au mieux son temps.

Superbe photo, belle moto et un merveilleux souvenir, même si ça coûte un peu d'argent.

J'espère que mon français est correct. Même si j'essaie de parler français avec ma mère, elle passe généralement rapidement à l'anglais car je fais beaucoup d'erreurs. :)

Merci de votre participation au forum. Tout le monde aime vos messages.

The police are the police, wherever you are. That's life, my friend.

I'm sure Jesus will send an archangel to talk to the officer and ask him how best to spend his time.

Great photo, nice bike, and a wonderful souvenir, even if it costs a little money.

I hope my French is okay. Even if I try to speak French with my mother, she usually quickly switches to English because I make so many mistakes. Smile.

Thank you for participating in the forum. Everyone loves your posts.
 
I love the statue, Frenchie.
 
You are too kind, Fenchie. My Mother speaks French, Polish, Italian, and English fluently. I did not inherit or language skills. It is a struggle for me.

But I do love motorcycles and your country. Thanks for sharing your posts. I have always wanted to ride in Europe, and through the Forum, it is happening.
 
A French person would have made plenty of mistakes writing what you wrote. Your French is excellent! That's amazing that your Mom speaks so many languages. I got my motorcycle license in France in 2004 but have never ridden there (beside when taking the classes), and I got my first bike in the US in 2013. These photos are from GA:

Street View · Google Maps


rdprdp01 said:
Fenchie. I did not inherit or language skills.

Maybe your French is better than your English, shall I say?  ;)
 
The "statue cop" reminds me of many small towns I have driven through, where they park an old police car on the side of the road as you enter town to sort of jolt you into slowing down. In a few of them, I've seen wooden cutouts of what looks like a police officer holding a radar gun standing next to the old police car.
 
In Australia they just put up a permanent or mobile speed camera.
 
Fantastic video and tutorial!!
 
Now that I'm in the office twice a week, I've gotten into the routine of coming from home, then spending the night between office days at Mom's, which is closer than going home and back. Saves 60 miles, and I get to check in with Mom once a week, which she loves. She has my bed turned down and the nightstand lamp on when I get there. 

I figured rather than slabbing it the whole way to Mom's and back, I'd take a side road to make it a little interesting. Part of the ride is on "Old 395" and is quite picturesque compared to I-15, which is a straight shot at full freeway speed. And today, I'm also using the Enfield to play AC Repair Truck. Got to Mom's yesterday evening and it was quite warm. Took her AC apart and the starter capacitor is blown. Same-day-delivery from Amazon got a new one to my office already, so I'll head back down after work today to make sure Mom's cool for the hot weekend coming up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5255.webp
    IMG_5255.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 32
Exactly how I like to travel. Well done. David
 
Back
Top