What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Starting a new other bikes thread ....

Bought a new battery for Angry Bird (my NC 750X DCT). Almost 4 years since I bought it (June 2021) and 57,206 miles, and since this bike can't be bump started like my CB 1100 (which I had to bump start and replace the battery last October), figured better safe than sorry. Also, I'm told the DCT system needs a strong battery to operate properly so a new battery seemed like a prudent purchase at this time.

Went with another Japanese made Yuasa YTZ-12S AGM
 
I have to get a new battery for my ST1300. Not looking forward to paying for that!
 
Does the ST need something especially pricey?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have to get a new battery for my ST1300. Not looking forward to paying for that!
At least it's easy to get to and put in
 
No Cormanus. Same battery as the CB, but batteriers are stupid high priced nowadays.
 
Thread starter
Figure $180-$220 for a good battery down here these days. You can always Batteries Plus or get a cheapo internet battery for around a$100 that will last a year or so.
 
Thread starter
I wanted to test my back today.  A week ago, I had steroide injections to help lower back pain caused by stenonis (narrowing of the spine, pinches nerves).  I'd say it's been about 80% effective, so very grateful for that.  It may last a few weeks, a few months or possibly longer, but it allows me to avoid surgery, so that's a good thing.

Got away by noon, and decided to cross the Columbia River into Washington.  One of my favorite hiways is 14 which hugs the northern banks of the river.  April showers brings...
2XzfyRK.jpeg


Climbed onto an overlook of the Columbia, Oregon on the far side
qZ6E799.jpeg


A good day for a ride.  Temps in the high sixties to low seventies.  The W800 feels great!
rTX36yW.jpeg


Crossed bridge at hiway 97 to head back to OR; there were lots of kite surfers enjoying the strong winds, and a tug:
nRaLvaj.jpeg


Started heading back west towards Mt. Hood; very few cars...
5eA92XB.jpeg


AzsGEHf.jpeg


One of my new favorite roads, heading towards Tygh Valley
5YlXCfr.jpeg


GflGIn7.jpeg


j37bRE3.jpeg


It was getting late, so time to pick up the pace...one last photo a few miles from the main hiway:
dXWCrMn.jpeg


A mile later...whoops!  
kyLugrV.jpeg
 
I walked forward but the open track closed after 50 meters.  Wrong bike to try it.  Fortunately, there was another paved forest road that allowed me to make it to hiway 26, which takes me back to Gresham.  5 miles from home it started raining.  Hardly a cloud in the sky when I started...felt lucky to make it back not very wet.  The elevations were colder than last weekend, so I was shivering when I got home.  Back is sore...but I'm happy I was able to last 7 hours (lots of stops).  

A 93 year old gentleman was admiring my bike at a stop.  He said he has a Suzuki with 8k miles on it...and he's ridden it one mile.  Fell over in the grass and has never gotten back on.  He told me he has been married 70 years...the first 40 were great.  Repeated that his Suzuki had 8k miles.  Then he added that there should be a law that you get to change them out yearly after 40.  "Are we talking motorcycles or wives?" I asks.  "Both"...he smiles and wishes me a good rest of the day.
 
pdedse said:
I wanted to test my back today.  A week ago, I had steroide injections to help lower back pain caused by stenonis (narrowing of the spine, pinches nerves).  I'd say it's been about 80% effective, so very grateful for that.  It may last a few weeks, a few months or possibly longer, but it allows me to avoid surgery, so that's a good thing.

Got away by noon, and decided to cross the Columbia River into Washington.  One of my favorite hiways is 14 which hugs the northern banks of the river.  April showers brings...
2XzfyRK.jpeg


Climbed onto an overlook of the Columbia, Oregon on the far side
qZ6E799.jpeg


A good day for a ride.  Temps in the high sixties to low seventies.  The W800 feels great!
rTX36yW.jpeg


Crossed bridge at hiway 97 to head back to OR; there were lots of kite surfers enjoying the strong winds, and a tug:
nRaLvaj.jpeg


Started heading back west towards Mt. Hood; very few cars...
5eA92XB.jpeg


AzsGEHf.jpeg


One of my new favorite roads, heading towards Tygh Valley
5YlXCfr.jpeg


GflGIn7.jpeg


j37bRE3.jpeg


It was getting late, so time to pick up the pace...one last photo a few miles from the main hiway:
dXWCrMn.jpeg


A mile later...whoops!  
kyLugrV.jpeg
 
I walked forward but the open track closed after 50 meters.  Wrong bike to try it.  Fortunately, there was another paved forest road that allowed me to make it to hiway 26, which takes me back to Gresham.  5 miles from home it started raining.  Hardly a cloud in the sky when I started...felt lucky to make it back not very wet.  The elevations were colder than last weekend, so I was shivering when I got home.  Back is sore...but I'm happy I was able to last 7 hours (lots of stops).  

A 93 year old gentleman was admiring my bike at a stop.  He said he has a Suzuki with 8k miles on it...and he's ridden it one mile.  Fell over in the grass and has never gotten back on.  He told me he has been married 70 years...the first 40 were great.  Repeated that his Suzuki had 8k miles.  Then he added that there should be a law that you get to change them out yearly after 40.  "Are we talking motorcycles or wives?" I asks.  "Both"...he smiles and wishes me a good rest of the day.

That is a beautiful ride. I am also glad you are feeling better. The motorcycle can help you heal. Trust me.  :)
 
I rented on friday the new Forza 750 and did 230km in our mountains ......The latest DCT generation (2025)
is a must-see,


and yesterday with forumfriends on the way


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Attachments

  • bs1.webp
    bs1.webp
    278.6 KB · Views: 78
  • bs8.webp
    bs8.webp
    397.2 KB · Views: 76
  • bs7.webp
    bs7.webp
    396.3 KB · Views: 75
  • bs5.webp
    bs5.webp
    415 KB · Views: 75
  • bs4.webp
    bs4.webp
    234.8 KB · Views: 77
  • bs3.webp
    bs3.webp
    332.3 KB · Views: 77
  • bs2.webp
    bs2.webp
    309.7 KB · Views: 76
  • forza75012 - Kopie.webp
    forza75012 - Kopie.webp
    445.9 KB · Views: 77
  • forza75013 - Kopie.webp
    forza75013 - Kopie.webp
    533.8 KB · Views: 77
  • forza75014 - Kopie.webp
    forza75014 - Kopie.webp
    404.1 KB · Views: 77
  • forza75015 - Kopie.webp
    forza75015 - Kopie.webp
    355.5 KB · Views: 76
  • forza75016 - Kopie.webp
    forza75016 - Kopie.webp
    301.9 KB · Views: 76
  • forza75017 - Kopie.webp
    forza75017 - Kopie.webp
    429.1 KB · Views: 79
  • forza75018 - Kopie.webp
    forza75018 - Kopie.webp
    487.3 KB · Views: 77
  • forza75019 - Kopie.webp
    forza75019 - Kopie.webp
    286.9 KB · Views: 77
  • forza75011 - Kopie.webp
    forza75011 - Kopie.webp
    250.8 KB · Views: 76
  • forza75010 - Kopie.webp
    forza75010 - Kopie.webp
    324.9 KB · Views: 78
  • forza7509 - Kopie.webp
    forza7509 - Kopie.webp
    458.1 KB · Views: 78
  • forza7501 - Kopie.webp
    forza7501 - Kopie.webp
    331.6 KB · Views: 77
  • forza7502 - Kopie.webp
    forza7502 - Kopie.webp
    371.3 KB · Views: 76
  • forza7503 - Kopie.webp
    forza7503 - Kopie.webp
    486.3 KB · Views: 78
  • forza7504 - Kopie.webp
    forza7504 - Kopie.webp
    314.9 KB · Views: 76
  • forza7505 - Kopie.webp
    forza7505 - Kopie.webp
    311.5 KB · Views: 76
  • forza7506 - Kopie.webp
    forza7506 - Kopie.webp
    372.7 KB · Views: 76
  • forza7507 - Kopie.webp
    forza7507 - Kopie.webp
    542 KB · Views: 77
  • forza7508 - Kopie.webp
    forza7508 - Kopie.webp
    199.6 KB · Views: 76
As always, alprider, lovely photos.

How did you find the Forza?
 
since last week has my bee a new owner... she is definitely gone now :dodgy:


my seatposition on my 350 forza scooter yesterday with my forumfriends all with big bikes.............................because my vultus is at time  defect by a big dog wich jumped in my frontweehl

[attachment=168]
 

Attachments

  • usa.webp
    usa.webp
    764.2 KB · Views: 71
Thread starter
Does that Forza use the same motor as the NC 750? Is it a DCT?
 
no its a 1 cylinder 330ccm engine , with a normal scooter-variomatic (cvt)..............29hp and 31nm...topspeed 137km/h ................in the mountains with small ways/ streets or little bends/curves i had absoluly no problems yesterday with the others........i had to drive only : DIGITAL .... :D


the Ferret said:
Does that Forza use the same motor as the NC 750? Is it a DCT?

hmm..... i guess you mean MY  white forza ?

the other of course like i wrote...the nc750 engine  with the latest generation of DCT
 
I hope you weren't hurt, alprider, when the dog went after the wheel of your Vultus.
 
Back
Top