MagnaRider
Been there
Lol no shes got a few miles under her belt now. Started riding around the yard to learn how to use the clutch this spring, took her MSF course and has probably done ~500 miles total so far on two wheels.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
MagnaRider said:peterbaron said:MR, who rides the CB, and who the other one, or you switch bikes from time to time?
The CB is my baby, and it's just me who drives it. It's too tall and heavy for the girlfriend to feel comfortable on it. I hope the CB stays with me forever lol.
I rarely ride the old magna anymore; it works wonderfully for a 41-year-old bike. I was going to hold onto it since I got it for next to nothing as well as a parts bike for it. I probably have just over $500 dollars into it total. I started riding last year with it after I restored it (Rode dirtbikes/atvs since I was 5) and put about 5000 miles on it no issues. I've rode it maybe 10 miles this year just test riding it and showing her how to ride the bike with her on the back.
Anyways, it worked out well that she wanted to ride and I had a spare bike I could let her use. Replaced a few O-rings and stuff over the winter just to make sure the bike would be reliable for her. I think this fall or next spring I am going to sell the Magna and try to get her something newer with FI, ideally a vtwin cruiser of sorts that is cheap. Just want something with good low end torque so hill starts are easier for her, and she is not a speed demon more of a safety devil lol.
peterbaron said:..... I love the 17mm nut on the K&N filter.....
Lunchbag, I dont think you will after reading these posts:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9576&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15950&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11818&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12873&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13620&highlight=K&N+oil+filter

Gone in 60 said:Had my first meeting with the boss at the company shop, which is located at the end of a long dirt and gravel road that goes up a fairly steep hill that's rutted with rain channels and is not street bike friendly. ...
Gone in 60 said:That being said, looking at the shop for the first time, I don't see the boss being amenable to letting me store a bike there.
Gone in 60 said:Might have to work on him a bit.
Lunchbag said:peterbaron said:..... I love the 17mm nut on the K&N filter.....
Lunchbag, I dont think you will after reading these posts:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9576&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15950&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11818&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12873&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13620&highlight=K&N+oil+filter
Oh boy![]()
KeepLeft said:We have a nice dry interval going but cb1100 remains in garage. They scraped miles of road leading to my office.
I also discovered the wet weather in june/july made my garage quite humid. I was overseas for 3 weeks and came back to find spots of rust on chrome bits and oil cooler. Hardly noticeable but causes me pause every time I walk past it


Good night! I wouldn’t be talking Ferret, Mrs, Ferret showed me an old picture of you with ALOT of hair!the Ferret said:Good night check out IHB's hair in his avatar
you've changed lol
![]()
Gone in 60 said:...looking at the shop for the first time, I don't see the boss being amenable to letting me store a bike there. Might have to work on him a bit.
SportsterDoc said:Gone in 60 said:...looking at the shop for the first time, I don't see the boss being amenable to letting me store a bike there. Might have to work on him a bit.
Do you have an office?
I bought this Bonneville when my office was in Simi Valley, CA and home in Las Vegas, NV.
I went to my office alternate weeks and got some miles on it before the 300 mile trip across the desert.
So it was in my office when gone and in the shop so I could ride it when in town.
I have a home office. In the "office-office" I have a small cubicle since I'm only there one day a week, and if I transition to the shop, I imagine I'll set up a desk there. It's 60 miles one-way from home to the office. But, it's 30 miles from the office to Mom's house. So, the plan if I need to add a day is to go to Mom's and sleep over between office days. That lets us spend more time together which is good as she's getting older.
I have that same seat on my Bonneville, and after an hour I just start to feel it, but I find it pretty comfy. Still, I had another OEM seat - the very plain one with no real character to it, and I put a new cover on it with a bit more padding and is more stylish. That helps, and the bike is a mile-muncher. Been a hot ride lately.
SportsterDoc said:Well now that the motorcycle side of my garage is vacant, there is room for M/C storage. Conditions of forum member storage would be that I should be allowed to sit on it occasionally and make vroom-vroom sounds!

