peterbaron
Road warrior
^^+1^^
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Whoops said:Beautiful pics. What tires are those btw? I was shopping for new tires for by CB and I saw a lot of tires, but I don't recognize that tread pattern.
deuce17EX said:Great pictures! That must have been a fun ride, even on the dirt road!
What kind of bag is on the top of your seat?
Cormanus said:Nice pictures pdedse. Been on a few dirt roads like that myself.
pdedse said:... I don't even bother buying a peach in the grocery store anymore ...
deuce17EX said:Great pictures! That must have been a fun ride, even on the dirt road!
What kind of bag is on the top of your seat?
pdedse said:Whoops said:Beautiful pics. What tires are those btw? I was shopping for new tires for by CB and I saw a lot of tires, but I don't recognize that tread pattern.
Maybe you skipped over the cheapo Shinko brand? Shinko SR741, stock size. I think it was around $140. I've used Shinko for other bikes (mainly on my KLR650 a whiles back), and they seemed fine, decent wear. But with the KLR, I wasn't exactly concerned with street tire performance. On the CB, I changed the rear because it was getting worn, but left the front Avon on, so it's hard to appreciate how the Shinko "performs". But I am not a good person to ask about tire performance. It's got tread...it's aired up correctly...it doesn't leak air--that's great performance. I'm sure my riding style matches my lack of expectations of permformance.
deuce17EX said:Great pictures! That must have been a fun ride, even on the dirt road!
What kind of bag is on the top of your seat?
Kemimoto tail bag, 22L to exapandable 34L, which is really nice when you buy too many groceries. I guess it comes with a rain cover, tho' I don't remember if mine did. Likely it did and it's in the garage somewhere. Good strapping with elastic thingies that you insert the left over strap ends into so they don't flop around. $60 at Amazon. I think I've had it 3-4 years and it's still holding up well. Would buy again.
pdedse said:Whoops said:Beautiful pics. What tires are those btw? I was shopping for new tires for by CB and I saw a lot of tires, but I don't recognize that tread pattern.
Maybe you skipped over the cheapo Shinko brand? Shinko SR741, stock size. I think it was around $140. I've used Shinko for other bikes (mainly on my KLR650 a whiles back), and they seemed fine, decent wear. But with the KLR, I wasn't exactly concerned with street tire performance. On the CB, I changed the rear because it was getting worn, but left the front Avon on, so it's hard to appreciate how the Shinko "performs". But I am not a good person to ask about tire performance. It's got tread...it's aired up correctly...it doesn't leak air--that's great performance. I'm sure my riding style matches my lack of expectations of permformance.
deuce17EX said:Great pictures! That must have been a fun ride, even on the dirt road!
What kind of bag is on the top of your seat?
Kemimoto tail bag, 22L to exapandable 34L, which is really nice when you buy too many groceries. I guess it comes with a rain cover, tho' I don't remember if mine did. Likely it did and it's in the garage somewhere. Good strapping with elastic thingies that you insert the left over strap ends into so they don't flop around. $60 at Amazon. I think I've had it 3-4 years and it's still holding up well. Would buy again.
pdedse said:Whoops said:Beautiful pics. What tires are those btw? I was shopping for new tires for by CB and I saw a lot of tires, but I don't recognize that tread pattern.
Maybe you skipped over the cheapo Shinko brand? Shinko SR741, stock size. I think it was around $140. I've used Shinko for other bikes (mainly on my KLR650 a whiles back), and they seemed fine, decent wear. But with the KLR, I wasn't exactly concerned with street tire performance. On the CB, I changed the rear because it was getting worn, but left the front Avon on, so it's hard to appreciate how the Shinko "performs". But I am not a good person to ask about tire performance. It's got tread...it's aired up correctly...it doesn't leak air--that's great performance. I'm sure my riding style matches my lack of expectations of permformance.
deuce17EX said:Great pictures! That must have been a fun ride, even on the dirt road!
What kind of bag is on the top of your seat?
Kemimoto tail bag, 22L to exapandable 34L, which is really nice when you buy too many groceries. I guess it comes with a rain cover, tho' I don't remember if mine did. Likely it did and it's in the garage somewhere. Good strapping with elastic thingies that you insert the left over strap ends into so they don't flop around. $60 at Amazon. I think I've had it 3-4 years and it's still holding up well. Would buy again.

Gone in 60 said:Got my DGR style flossed and ready for Sunday. Bike is shined up, GoPro batteries are charged, mustache wax at the ready! And just hit a personal best on donations from some last-minute friends and coworkers.
peterbaron said:SOLD to different buyer within 30 mim, ca$h.
No rd test
GONE


Cormanus said:Is that really, really shiny bike a CB1100?
