What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today

Stock? Completely? Hummm, If RLETs have you do not, then Padawan remain you will.
 
KeepLeft said:
Am I the only one who left it completely stock? I hated the chrome mirrors but I got used to them. I doubt I will change anything

I might be the only person in the history of the bike who's considered returning it to 100% stock after extensive modifications.  I still have every single stock part, and the bike has performed so well for so long I kind of want to put it back together as a reward for service well rendered.  Trade your swords for plowshares old man.  It's time to rest.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality said:
KeepLeft said:
Am I the only one who left it completely stock? I hated the chrome mirrors but I got used to them. I doubt I will change anything

I might be the only person in the history of the bike who's considered returning it to 100% stock after extensive modifications.  I still have every single stock part, and the bike has performed so well for so long I kind of want to put it back together as a reward for service well rendered.  Trade your swords for plowshares old man.  It's time to rest.

I took off all of the after market parts the previous owner of my CB1100 EX installed (he had converted it into a very nice cafe-racer format). I then purchased OEM Parts from Honda to return the rear fender, mirrors, etc. to the oringal configuration from the factory. I did not like the cost but I do like the look. Hence, I did not only consider it but I did it! No regrets, brother. 

You can check out this thread for how the motorcycle looked when I purchased it:

The CB1100 Community Forum

And this thread for how it looks now. The only after market I placed on the motorcycle was a Comet Fairing, which I absolutely love because it makes a 70-75 MPH ride much nicer. I also added the RLETs to keep the RLET Police Squad happy (i also like how they look):

The CB1100 Community Forum

David
 
....I took off all of the after market parts the previous owner of my CB1100 EX installed ....... I then purchased OEM Parts from Honda to return the rear fender, mirrors, etc. to the oringal configuration from the factory. I did not like the cost but I do like the look. Hence, I did not only consider it but I did it! No regrets, brother. 

I like OEM CB, but I hate it without the rear fender!
 
Should RLETs be banned from this forum? The other forum probably stopped working because of the lengthy RLETs thread alone.
 
I'm happy with the time and effort I've put into making my bike mine. I'm going after a certain look and I'm proud of the work I've done on it. Clearly, it is a personal choice to modify anything from stock, but it's still a CB.
 
Frenchie said:
Should RLETs be banned from this forum? The other forum probably stopped working because of the lengthy RLETs thread alone.

This, sir, is heresy!
 
Thread starter
peterbaron said:
....I took off all of the after market parts the previous owner of my CB1100 EX installed ....... I then purchased OEM Parts from Honda to return the rear fender, mirrors, etc. to the oringal configuration from the factory. I did not like the cost but I do like the look. Hence, I did not only consider it but I did it! No regrets, brother. 

I like OEM CB, but I hate it without the rear fender!

I really liked the short fender the prior owner installed as well as the bar end mirrors and the other-cafe racer style parts which adorned the motorcycle. But I absolutely love the stock fender and what some have referred to as the Mickey Mouse Mirrors because they extend higher up than most modern motorcycles. I have some minor eyesight issues and that style works for me at all levels.

You can imagine how disappointed I was when I learned the prior owner discarded all of the replaced OEM Parts! 

I keep everything I take off the motorcycle and encourage everyone else to do the same if you have space for storage. Stuff happens including changes in ownership. Those parts are valuable for all the obvious reasons. 

What is incredible about the CB1100 is how it can be modified to suit personal tastes and preferences while still remain faithful to the base design. I want to be associated with CB1100 motorcycles and the fine folks that ride them. 

I must confess my favorite part my CB1100EX is the red gas tank. I have seen other years and styles which are gorgeous, but for me, the lady in red is my true love.  There is something about the special paint and seamless design that is breathtaking for me. I definitely need to get out more when a gas tank speaks so profoundly to me.  :)

David
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
Frenchie said:
Should RLETs be banned from this forum? The other forum probably stopped working because of the lengthy RLETs thread alone.

This, sir, is heresy!

Frenchie, I understand why you would suggest that for consideration. However, the RLET Police have served notice that I will be jailed and my house burnt to the ground if I do anything to prevent the RLET gospel from being preached on this Forum. Darth Vader himself would be summoned from the abyss to dispatch justice. RLETs are here to stay. 

Although it is a matter of taste, I am glad I installed mine. I am also amused that my single most popular thread was a tutorial about how I installed RLETs without resulting to brute force and cursing. I created a version on this forum if you care to check it out if you are so moved. It looks like that trend will continue. :)  David

The CB1100 Community Forum
 
There were heretics on the old forum too. Considering heresy is, I'm told, good for one.
 
The Ring says it will be keeping an eye on Frenchie…
 
There are 6 black cars with tinted windows in front of my house this morning. I can see some kind of glowing sticks (lightsabers?) inside them... I can't say I'm not a bit worried now...
 
rdprdp01 said:
Cormanus said:
Frenchie said:
Should RLETs be banned from this forum? The other forum probably stopped working because of the lengthy RLETs thread alone.

This, sir, is heresy!

Frenchie, I understand why you would suggest that for consideration. However, the RLET Police have served notice that I will be jailed and my house burnt to the ground if I do anything to prevent the RLET gospel from being preached on this Forum. Darth Vader himself would be summoned from the abyss to dispatch justice. RLETs are here to stay. 

Although it is a matter of taste, I am glad I installed mine. I am also amused that my single most popular thread was a tutorial about how I installed RLETs without resulting to brute force and cursing. I created a version on this forum if you care to check it out if you are so moved. It looks like that trend will continue. :)  David

The CB1100 Community Forum

RE: "Although it is a matter of taste..."  And functionality!  I don't know who first reported it but somewheres I read that a Honda exec's non-RLET endowed bike got away from him in his garage, and the lever scraped his car door, and voila, neccesity meet invention.  And I am a witness...indeed, my trusty steed did struggle to get away from me and leaned into my car door, but levers had thingies on them and no scratch nor scrape was left.
 
I got mud flap an engine guard (black). I bought RLETs too but they installed themselves somewhere in my basement and I gave up looking for them.

I dont regard these as mods. Even a windscreen is not a mod in my book.

I like David and misterprofessionality enthusiasm for stock config. Me Im just not bothered anymore. Chrome really bothered me at first (still does a bit). Too glitzy, too Harleyesque. I'd have preferred if it toned a bit esp the front with black metal for headlight casing, mirrors, indicator sticks etc.
 
A 145 mile loop around Mt. Hood this afternoon
UpkryGA.png



cnqEDmb.png
 
Nice pics pdedse. Not sure Id ride on the road in that first pic lol
 
Thread starter
pdedse said:
A 145 mile loop around Mt. Hood this afternoon
UpkryGA.png



cnqEDmb.png

Beautiful motorcycle; incredible scenery; and the Ferret is right as always: you must be fearless to go on an adventure ride on your CB1100! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
 
Great pictures! That must have been a fun ride, even on the dirt road!

What kind of bag is on the top of your seat?
 
Nice pictures pdedse. Been on a few dirt roads like that myself.
 
Back
Top