What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today Part 2

Thread starter
Get wet, dry off, ride some more
 
The ferret_imp said:
Day 89 of riding this year... was supposed to be beautiful today with highs approaching 80 for our men's lunch and ride, so I took the CB, even wore my red coat I got from Gone that sorta matches the beautiful red paint on my DLX ....... and it was beautiful..... right up until the last 15 minutes when the skies provided a nice hard surprise rain bath lol. Man did we get unexpectedly soaked lol. 74 miles @ 77 degrees.

aae1612436c59019ae78be67f1dd09cb.jpg
I dig the bright red matching jacket. Wearing Honda colors with pride!
 
Thread starter
Thanks I jumped on it when Gone threw it up for sale. I used to have a red 3/4 length Tourmaster I liked a lot, but in a weak moment I sold it to A-Man at one of the rallies, thinking I was only going to wear Hi Viz from then on.
 
50 miles late this afternoon after feeling groggy the whole day.  Late sunlight was making things look kinda cool...a couple of dorky shadow-selfies...

rbh85L5.jpeg


Rdt2nk5.jpeg


Question: how long do chain and sprockets last for folks?  I'm on original at 26k miles.  They still look pretty good.
 
I recall talk of a good many more than 30,000 miles.

Nice pictures by the way.
 
rdprdp01 said:
Please be advised that when we spooled up TapaTalk on cb1100forum.net, this Forum became stressed. I investigated to see if I did something wrong. Sadly, I installed the TapaTalk plugin properly.

I began researching to learn more about this particularly plugin because Members use it. Here is what I learn and the source of my information:

MyBB Administrators: 
From the current developers who are actively maintaining and building the MyBB open-source code base: "I would instead suggest that you use a responsive or mobile friendly MyBB theme, not Tapatalk. Tapatalk has quite a bad record for security, bad plugin compatibility and has opened up many forums to be vulnerable to exploits in the past. I would not recommend using it."

Change of Ownership
: TapaTalk was sold to an investment group who has shifted focus from sharing data to a for profit orientation. Security and stability in the fast-changing landscape of cloud-hosted Forums does not appear to be a priority. In fact, TapTalk has become a launch point for attacks. 

Other MotorCycle Forums Which  Disabled TapaTalk Plugins
: 
Tapatalk Server Issues
Tapatalk No Longer Working

One Quote from a Forum Administrator:
"We originally granted TapaTalk access to our forum in order to provide a better mobile experience for our members. Last month, Tapatalk notified us that they are changing ownership. After reviewing their service, other forums’ experiences, and member feedback, we have decided to wind down Tapatalk’s access to on Sep 21, 2023.  Please note that your account information and password have not changed. If you need to reset your password, you may request a new password. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatives include the mobile web view of the forum and the Fora app, which is available for iOS and Android. Thank you for your support. Jeff"

Going Forward--Developing, Maintaining, and Enhancing the Responsive Theme 

Be advised that we have built a "responsive theme" for this Forum that does a reasonable job of adjusting to Phones, Tablets, and Computers. Refining that current base is by far a better alternative than installing a questionable plugin. I plan to work with Members to get feedback on Interface issues and try to correct them. I also will  introduce them to password vaults like Dashlane, Keeper, and others which can store credentials outside of a browser but still allow for that one button login experience. 

I regret if is this post disappoints anyone, but the obligations we have to personal privacy, content management, site stability, and our obligations on the Internet to be a safe site require this difficult decision to be implemented. David

Truly beautiful. David
pdedse said:
50 miles late this afternoon after feeling groggy the whole day.  Late sunlight was making things look kinda cool...a couple of dorky shadow-selfies...

rbh85L5.jpeg


Rdt2nk5.jpeg


Question: how long do chain and sprockets last for folks?  I'm on original at 26k miles.  They still look pretty good.
 
pdedse said:
50 miles late this afternoon after feeling groggy the whole day.  Late sunlight was making things look kinda cool...a couple of dorky shadow-selfies...
<...>
Question: how long do chain and sprockets last for folks?  I'm on original at 26k miles.  They still look pretty good.

Out of curiosity, what is the red wire/cable by your right rearset?
 
Whoops said:
pdedse said:
50 miles late this afternoon after feeling groggy the whole day.  Late sunlight was making things look kinda cool...a couple of dorky shadow-selfies...
<...>
Question: how long do chain and sprockets last for folks?  I'm on original at 26k miles.  They still look pretty good.

Out of curiosity, what is the red wire/cable by your right rearset?

That cable is the the connecting end for my grip warmers.  It plugs-in to the battery pigtail.  The grip warmer unit cable end wasn't capatible with the pigtail, so I had to wire a connector to it and that's the red cable that's visible.  I disconnect at the pigtail when not in use to make sure there's no draw on the battery.

Grip-warmers, $30 at Amazon They've worked decently well for 2 winters now; only issue is one side warms slightly more than the other.  3 settings, usually the mildest setting is enough.  The warmest setting of 3 is simply too hot!
 
Thread starter
pdedse said:
50 miles late this afternoon after feeling groggy the whole day.  Late sunlight was making things look kinda cool...a couple of dorky shadow-selfies...

rbh85L5.jpeg


Rdt2nk5.jpeg


Question: how long do chain and sprockets last for folks?  I'm on original at 26k miles.  They still look pretty good.

I got 36,909 out of the first set of chain and sprockets, and have over 40,000 on it's replacement set.
 
the Ferret said:
I got 36,909 out of the first set of chain and sprockets, and have over 40,000 on it's replacement set.

Cool.  So I could have another 10k miles.  I might still be able to do a trip this summer and was wondering about when to replace.
 
I did the first replacement, 2 sprockets, chain and rubber dampers/pads, at about 36,000 miles, but the chain was not lubricated very often... After replacing it with original parts, I did another 50,000 miles, lubricating the chain very often and not needing replacement, and then I sold my white  CB standard.
Frequent lube is the key issue!!
 
Got the CB1100 on the road after a couple of months away. Felt good, although, for the first time since I've had it, it took a while to start.
 
Thanks 1973cb750. Battery was good — had been on a tender — so, yes, petrol the likely problem. I forgot to put stabil in when I parked it.
 
Back
Top