What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today Part 2

Thank you guys....

Had to order a new battery for my DLX.
Was OK last week but failed to crank today.
It's coming tomorrow or Thursday.
 
Yesterday: changed oil and filter and put in a new battery. Took it out for the first time this season ( it was in the 80s). It was a pleasure to be back on the Scarlet. First stop tire check and then a 20 mi loop.

It’s back to 50s this week so only thing I can do perhaps is to get her sparkling clean. I will search these forums for tips but I’m not looking fwd to it. Some people enjoy working the rag on their bikes but I don’t
 
Copy Ferret and me: a rudimentary squirt and then go riding.
 
Thread starter
S100 is great stuff. Squirt it on, rinse it off, dry, go ride
 
Can't you cut a step out of that? Squirt on, rinse off, ride to dry?
 
Thread starter
Guess you could, but I'm meticulous about cleaning my bike :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Guess you could, but I'm meticulous about cleaning my bike :rofl:

Case in point…ferret cleaning his bike…
b0665fe3809b0a57d463fb8a4c485808.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Hasn't been that clean since
 
I installed an air tag, so I know where my bike is... and tomorrow I have a longer trip ahead of me...
 
965fd7b50aea5fab032e5198ee8cc2d6.jpg

ff76d6c11be93bc32f7e409b369bdadd.jpg

7599d047d6d345854bcc7dcb58c1ccec.jpg

e7bd6b22a600e2bafbc657e6eb729964.jpg

eae4eebec8209c17e8bb883cdf7dca32.jpg

9699fce5389253f44441d6920d22899b.jpg

Hey there CBers! Still loving the CB 23k on the clock new battery today chain cleaning going for a spin looks like new shoes in near future and chain and sprockets… been riding and racing the KTM 300 mostly and winning in the old man 60+ class! Can’t believe this bike is 11 years old!
078fd61718b52b1fe321051d101029f8.png
3e6b13a03a25f86977e6eaa345310770.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
dsan1964_imp said:
965fd7b50aea5fab032e5198ee8cc2d6.jpg

ff76d6c11be93bc32f7e409b369bdadd.jpg

7599d047d6d345854bcc7dcb58c1ccec.jpg

e7bd6b22a600e2bafbc657e6eb729964.jpg

eae4eebec8209c17e8bb883cdf7dca32.jpg

9699fce5389253f44441d6920d22899b.jpg

Hey there CBers! Still loving the CB 23k on the clock new battery today chain cleaning going for a spin looks like new shoes in near future and chain and sprockets… been riding and racing the KTM 300 mostly and winning in the old man 60+ class! Can’t believe this bike is 11 years old!
078fd61718b52b1fe321051d101029f8.png
3e6b13a03a25f86977e6eaa345310770.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI many of us were getting nearly 40K out of the original chain and sprockets. I got 37K out of the original and now have just over 40K on the replacement set.
 
My oem chain ans prokets were replaced at about 60-65 K kms.
Sold my white one at 134K kms and still no isuess with chain and sprokets, but performed maintenance more often, every 800 kms.

Today 345 miles on my DLX, lovely ride.
 
Thread starter
Day 89 of riding this year... was supposed to be beautiful today with highs approaching 80 for our men's lunch and ride, so I took the CB, even wore my red coat I got from Gone that sorta matches the beautiful red paint on my DLX ....... and it was beautiful..... right up until the last 15 minutes when the skies provided a nice hard surprise rain bath lol. Man did we get unexpectedly soaked lol. 74 miles @ 77 degrees.

aae1612436c59019ae78be67f1dd09cb.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Day 89 of riding this year... was supposed to be beautiful today with highs approaching 80 for our men's lunch and ride, so I took the CB, even wore my red coat I got from Gone that sorta matches the beautiful red paint on my DLX ....... and it was beautiful..... right up until the last 15 minutes when the skies provided a nice hard surprise rain bath lol. Man did we get unexpectedly soaked lol. 74 miles @ 77 degrees.

aae1612436c59019ae78be67f1dd09cb.jpg

Caught in the rain! Oh Ferret! Live to ride another day good on you riding 89 days! Impressive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top