What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today Part 2

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Starting a new thread after clearing out the old one due to storage issues
 
Decided to clean the usual built up gunge around the front sprocket , first time it was ever done I suspect. Noticed this corrosion on the clutch push-rod. It was actually a little rough, that doesn't come out too well in the photo. Bit of emery paper sorted that. I'd swear my clutch movement is smoother but that could be in my head. Adjusted the chain down to the specified 30mm (2017 EX) and took it for a ride. I find I do get a smoother gearbox with a properly adjusted chain.





 
Installed my Road Comet fairing last night.
Was more than I expected, the PO had installed an LED headlight that was mounted on aftermarket headlight brackets. As I was trying to install it the fairing just wasn't lining up like it should, and after looking around and looking at a stock CB I realized the brackets were aftermarket. Luckily, when I bought my slip-on Yoshi muffler on marketplace, the guy gave me a bunch of spare CB parts, one of which was the stock headlight and headlight mounting brackets! A quick swap of the brackets and the headlight dome(Where all the wires hide behind the headlight) the fairing was on! Fit like a glove like I everyone here has said. Excited to try it out, it was too late last night by the time I finished to take it for a test ride.
 
First ride to work today!
Yesterday I put the trunk on and drove to the local bars and dropped off our Fire Departments flyers for the annual firemen fundraiser! About 60 deg yesterday and gonna be 75 today!
 
Today I received these rear exhaust sliders for my DLX..

8f5e5d56df123957e23e6cadbbb80c4a.jpg
 
Thread starter
Very nice PB. Post a pic when you get them installed.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Today I received these rear exhaust sliders for my DLX..

8f5e5d56df123957e23e6cadbbb80c4a.jpg
Beautiful. Can you share an order link? Those sliders compliment the CB1100 perfectly.
 
THIS year I have a very busy schedule... My son is getting married, guests from all over Europe for 4 weeks... plus possible meeting pdedse.
I can't promise anything at this time....sorry.
 
My white 2014 CB1100 std got sold today in 30 minutes.
It had 134,066 kms, no issues at all.
No rd test, not many questions asked, when they saw it they said it was in excellent condition.

1d50639c27fb079eaa788f036b2b9576.jpg


c0177da15dff3a54437378b25d309fa6.jpg





My DLX is my new ride. :biker:

e99c7829750c6b94aade2604d4244590.jpg


ef655ca5f91a3743a5daa74bd0648860.jpg


2240ecc9ea5cc774b7a75f302437edf0.jpg
 
Congrats PB!
 
Thread starter
Wow thats like 83,000 miles. Who buys a bike with 80k on it?
 
Two guys/friends showed up with a helmet and cash.
The guy who bought mine also has an ST1300, HD, and another bike.
He offered 600 CAD less than I wanted, so I told him not to waste my time... and then paid what I wanted.
Nice guy.

..... maybe ST belonged to Lord's Popgun :)
 
First we lost the banana-yellow bike to a sale and now a white one. Well maybe they'll show up again here, or there.

Congrats on the sale!
 
Congratulations on such a quick sale, PB.
 
Today I started my oil change routine and then ordered a magnetic drain plug from Gold Plug. So the bike will drain my sacrificial new oil for the next few days till the plug arrives.
 
Back
Top