Well nuts

Thread starter
Well I'm home. Dr said surgery went well. Repaired tear and cleaned up some arthritus. Have plenty of time to sit around and read threads now lol
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Glad it went well Mick. Can you walk or are you immobilized for a couple days?

Chip
Chip,

He's probably still high from the drugs. :P

Glad you're ok ferret:thumbsup: (finally got to use the thumbs up smilie!)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well I'm home. Dr said surgery went well. Repaired tear and cleaned up some arthritus. Have plenty of time to sit around and read threads now lol
Welcome back Mr.Ferret.:thumbsup:.heal soon..!
 
Thread starter
Thanks all!

Lol I was high from the drugs..had a hard time typing that and went right to bed and passed out.

Think the anesthesia has finally worn off because my fingers actually go right to the key I want lol

I'm off my feet, knee elevated and iced until Monday. Pain meds every 6 hours.

Not sure how long I will be off bikes. Yesterday I rearranged the bikes in the garage and put the Majesty scooter closest to the door. Figure it will be the easiest to ride, seeing as how all functions are operated by hand, and I don't have to lift my leg to get on or off seeing as how it's a step thru automatic. We will see. I hope to be riding the scooter to physical therapy in a week or so, and maybe the CB in 3 weeks. That's my goal.
 
Glad to see it went well. Hope it heals fast!
I am staying off the CB for a week also , self imposed , I had my drive
way done and the bike is stored on our patio. Can't ride on the drive way
for a week.
I did make it so I can get my XT250 out. That's easy to ride over the lawn:biker:
 
Thread starter
CA200_imp said:
Glad to see it went well. Hope it heals fast!
I am staying off the CB for a week also , self imposed , I had my drive
way done and the bike is stored on our patio. Can't ride on the drive way
for a week.
I did make it so I can get my XT250 out. That's easy to ride over the lawn:biker:
Lol... The things we motorcyclists do to stay on 2. :celebrate:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks all!

Lol I was high from the drugs..had a hard time typing that and went right to bed and passed out.

Think the anesthesia has finally worn off because my fingers actually go right to the key I want lol

I'm off my feet, knee elevated and iced until Monday. Pain meds every 6 hours.

Not sure how long I will be off bikes. Yesterday I rearranged the bikes in the garage and put the Majesty scooter closest to the door. Figure it will be the easiest to ride, seeing as how all functions are operated by hand, and I don't have to lift my leg to get on or off seeing as how it's a step thru automatic. We will see. I hope to be riding the scooter to physical therapy in a week or so, and maybe the CB in 3 weeks. That's my goal.
Aren't pain meds great!! And when you are really enjoying them even a crackerjack published author will sometimes repeat a word or phrase in a single sentence. :D

You'll be riding in no time Mickey. Take full advantage of your wife's sympathy while you can!

Chip
 
Thread starter
ChipBeck_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks all!

Lol I was high from the drugs..had a hard time typing that and went right to bed and passed out.

Think the anesthesia has finally worn off because my fingers actually go right to the key I want lol

I'm off my feet, knee elevated and iced until Monday. Pain meds every 6 hours.

Not sure how long I will be off bikes. Yesterday I rearranged the bikes in the garage and put the Majesty scooter closest to the door. Figure it will be the easiest to ride, seeing as how all functions are operated by hand, and I don't have to lift my leg to get on or off seeing as how it's a step thru automatic. We will see. I hope to be riding the scooter to physical therapy in a week or so, and maybe the CB in 3 weeks. That's my goal.
Aren't pain meds great!! And when you are really enjoying them even a crackerjack published author will sometimes repeat a word or phrase in a single sentence. :D

You'll be riding in no time Mickey. Take full advantage of your wife's sympathy while you can!

Chip
Aren't pain meds great!! And when you are really enjoying them even a crackerjack published author will sometimes repeat a word or phrase in a single sentence. :D

You'll be riding in no time Mickey. Take full advantage of your wife's sympathy while you can!

Chip
Wow, didn't realize, must have been real loopy :banana:

Wife is working overtime :thanks:
 
Thread starter
Got up on my own this morning and ran into my first snafu. Went to the sink, made my usual breakfast of hot tea with creme and sugar and a packet of brown sugar and maple instant oatmeal. Then seeing as how Im on crutches could not figure out how to get the bowl and the cup to the kitchen table. Had to eat them standing on one leg at the sink lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Got up on my own this morning and ran into my first snafu. Went to the sink, made my usual breakfast of hot tea with creme and sugar and a packet of brown sugar and maple instant oatmeal. Then seeing as how Im on crutches could not figure out how to get the bowl and the cup to the kitchen table. Had to eat them standing on one leg at the sink lol
Where is Mrs. Ferret?? :P
Wait till you just can't go without a shower any longer! I used Saran Wrap, probably ten feet of it :D to make the bandage waterproof.
You gotta do what you gotta do. :)
Glad to hear you are doing well.
Jim
 
Thread starter
I let Mrs Ferret sleep in. Made her get up twice in the middle of the night for potty trips..poor thing.

Figure I 'll take a ho- bath this afternoon.
 
Glad you're now on the mend !

When I had to get around the house on crutches, I always took a backpack with me so that I could carry things from one place to another.. YMMV.
 
Thread starter
FUZZY_imp said:
Glad surgery went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery & feel like a young man again!

Yea, that's never gonna happen, but I'd settle for not being in pain when I walk/exercise in the morning. That would be great!
 
Hey Mickey, sorry that I'm late chiming in on this thread. Good to know that your surgery went well. Wishing you a quick recovery.

All the best,
Bill
 
Thread starter
Update: last night we took off the bandages, and I took a shower. Showers are awesome. The person that invented hot showers was a brilliant human being lol. I had quit taking the hydrocodone and switched to ibuprophins because the pain was no higher than a 3 on a 1-10 scale and the ibu are easier on the stomach. Well, by 3 a.m. The pain was up to a 5, I wasn't sleeping well, so took a hydrocodone so I could get some rest. I can stand without crutches with most of the weight on my left foot, and can walk gingerly using both legs on crutches? Pain is back down to a 2 or 3. Tomorrow I go see the ortho surgeon to get the stitches removed and I guess start scheduling physical therapy. 3 days closer to being back in the saddle!
 
Back
Top