Weight Loss Program

The ferret_imp said:
Some people see what it is...


Other see what it could be ....


There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

~ Robert Kennedy
 
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
waiting on your for sale post for any goodies you might have left Ack :)
 
lola_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
waiting on your for sale post for any goodies you might have left Ack :)
Stand by.....I think it's all going to go soon. My dog just got back from her 2nd $3800 knee surgery of the year.

I'll list the stuff here first then ebay if no takers.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
1 gal gas = 6lbs x 4.7 = 28
so dry that would be about 460 lbs ...compared to stock of 517lbs.
That's good, lost 57 lbs?
 
I don't see many straight answers to the original question. The CB1100 is a bit porky. The stock, non ABS 2013 CB1100 is about 530 lbs wet, with just a bit of gas. If I wanted to lighten mine, I suggest the following:

1) TI exhaust with no cat could save about 15 lbs.

2) Lighter 17" wheels - save about 20 lbs.

3) TI axles, nuts and bolts - about 7 or 8 lbs.

4) Shorai battery - about 5 lbs.

5) aluminum body shocks - about 5 or 6 lbs.

All these are rough estimates taken from other bikes I have lightened. Many of these mods are very expensive.

I intend to add the Arrow slip-on which is stainless, not TI and aluminum shocks and will report on the weight savings. I do weigh 265lbs, so everything is relative!
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
lola_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
waiting on your for sale post for any goodies you might have left Ack :)
Stand by.....I think it's all going to go soon. My dog just got back from her 2nd $3800 knee surgery of the year.

I'll list the stuff here first then ebay if no takers.
A good taxidermist could fix that for you at half the price.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
lola_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
waiting on your for sale post for any goodies you might have left Ack :)
Stand by.....I think it's all going to go soon. My dog just got back from her 2nd $3800 knee surgery of the year.

I'll list the stuff here first then ebay if no takers.
A good taxidermist could fix that for you at half the price.
A good taxidermist could fix that for you at half the price.
True, but the knee would be stuffed then, wouldn't it?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
lola_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I had mine down to 487 with a full 4.7 gal tank and dual exhaust.
Swing-arm and exhaust are the bulk of the fat.

It was a very pricey diet.........
waiting on your for sale post for any goodies you might have left Ack :)
Stand by.....I think it's all going to go soon. My dog just got back from her 2nd $3800 knee surgery of the year.

I'll list the stuff here first then ebay if no takers.
A good taxidermist could fix that for you at half the price.
A good taxidermist could fix that for you at half the price.
True, but the knee would be stuffed then, wouldn't it?
A good taxidermist could fix that for you at half the price.
True, but the knee would be stuffed then, wouldn't it?
We'll be here all week folks! Tell your friends..two shows nightly, three on Saturday!
 
Funny stuff. You know some good points made. What's the point of trying to chisel weight off the motorcycle if the riders over weight? Never really considered it from that perspective but makes sense if your talking about performance. Now if you just like the feel of a lighter bike then I get it.

Would you be able to lighten the bike enough to tell the difference. I'd guess not.

The CB1100 does have some heft to it but seems to handle it well.


Now to the dog. Hope it wasn't two surgeries to the same knee. If it had been your knee it would have been $50,000 (or more) so maybe that makes you feel better.

It's been estimated that a dog over it's life time will cost ya $10,000 not saying it's not worth it because I've always had dogs but it does run into some bucks.
 
Back
Top