we have a record

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
When someone joins or attepts to join the forum either Guth, Cormanus or myself have to approve them. You wouldn't believe how many scammers try and join just to advertise something.

When I see a newest member name on the opening page I don't recognize I immediately click on that name to see what their story is.

Today there was a new name

Latest member: aliyulawal

So when I click on him, there is nothing out of ordinary in his bio (which is where spammers like to put their little advertisements). So I look at where they are from Nigeria. Wow we don't get many Nigerians on the forum. I looked to see how much time he has spent online on the forum.

Usually it might be 3 or 4 minutes, but I have also seen 3 days 11 hours and 45 minutes (example)

But aliyulawal spent..ready?

3 SECONDS lol ..... 3 SECONDS! He joined to spend 3 whole seconds checking out the forum. :rolleyes:

If he comes back and wants to buy your bike, but he needs to send you twice what you want for it, if you'll just get a money order and send it to him for the difference. Don't say I didn't warn you lol.
 
By all means help him out, Roper.
 
I know the spammers when I click on the calendar - birthdays and 10-15 pop out, mostly "dieticians", selling a miracle diet..but if aliyulawal sends twice what I want for, especially one way, then I think he is a good guy :shy:
:beerchug:
 
pekingduck_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
This forum’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.
except maybe diabetes....
except maybe diabetes....
:rofl:
 
jackmuller201 and philmuttnick wanted to set me up with the engine guard I was looking for. neither had posted to the forum, just PM'd me. Both were on the forum less than 10 minutes.
Look alive out there.

Ben
 
I guess I am never going to get that title for the ocean front property in Arizona! Dang. It even came with a free CB1100RS!
 
michael1954_imp said:
I guess I am never going to get that title for the ocean front property in Arizona! Dang. It even came with a free CB1100RS!
That sounds like it would need an act of God (sans the CB1100RS).
 
Back
Top