WARNING, Cycle seller network

OldF7Guy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Boy, this is embarassing but I need to post this for others and swallow my pride. :@ These people contact you and offer to sell your motorcycle on like 20 websites and claim to make money off financing ect.... I fell for it hook line and sinker. They are a bunch of goof balls when it comes down to knowing a CB1100 from a H2 Kawasaki.

Long story short, they screwed up my adds so bad I got suspicious. They had the CB as a V twin. I have called my credit card company already trying to dispute the charges. Looks like Im probably out of luck even though this happened today. Im going to plead my case Monday AM again but Im going to lose. If you guys ever get a call from these people please dont bite. I am ashamed and embarrassed but dont want to see this happen to anyone else and that is the reason for the posting. I am mad at myself beyond belief. :@
 
Be gentle on yourself, this new age is full of so many scams I fear for myself in another 10 years when I'll be 68. That said we all appreciate you sharing this with us so hopefully others will not fall victim. Let us know how we can help.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, be kind to yourself OF7G. These guys are successful because they're good at getting you to believe stuff. Thanks for sharing your story. It will help others.
 
I did a quick search and OF7G the guys have been doing this for years to lots of people, on cars, RVs, and etc. They are pros and have various versions of what they did to you. Best of luck, but the others reported little luck with the credit card companies and banks. Report to BBB, complaint web sites, and local authorities. If nothing else you may feel better.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
I did a quick search and OF7G the guys have been doing this for years to lots of people, on cars, RVs, and etc. They are pros and have various versions of what they did to you. Best of luck, but the others reported little luck with the credit card companies and banks. Report to BBB, complaint web sites, and local authorities. If nothing else you may feel better.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, its not just motorcycles. Its cars, trucks, rvs, atv, ect..... Just please beware of these people. I just lit a match to a hundred dollar bill and then some. What a fool I am. :@ I am posting this in hopes it may save somebody some money down the road. I am fairly savy when it comes to these things or so I thought. What a wake up call this has been for me. I feel like such an idiot but Im not so embarrassed that I wont pass it along to hopefully help the next guy and hopefully put this company in its place. Stay away from these people at all costs.


I already called my credit card co but I dont think I have a leg to stand on. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I know this is a family oriented forum and I appreciate that. I am calling these people monday am and I am going to make them wish they have never heard of me. You guys have no idea how pissed off I am right now. IM not letting this go without some retaliation.
 
So as I understand it, they charged you for this advertisement, went ahead and put the advert up but completely screwed up the description meaning your bike is unlikely to sell?

I don't get it, why go to the trouble of displaying the advert and not do it correctly? Sounds like they're either incompetent, lazy, feckless, or a combination of the above. I don't really get how it's a scam, but maybe that's me being thick? (Thick means stupid in England, not heavily set/lardy).
 
Tortuga_imp said:
So as I understand it, they charged you for this advertisement, went ahead and put the advert up but completely screwed up the description meaning your bike is unlikely to sell?

I don't get it, why go to the trouble of displaying the advert and not do it correctly? Sounds like they're either incompetent, lazy, feckless, or a combination of the above. I don't really get how it's a scam, but maybe that's me being thick? (Thick means stupid in England, not heavily set/lardy).
Google them and see what they do...
 
I tip my cap to you OldF7Guy for having the guts to share your experience here in hopes of helping others avoid the same plight. In the end, I hope this figures into the motorcycle karma equation and helps you land a stellar deal on that DLX model you've been longing for.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
So as I understand it, they charged you for this advertisement, went ahead and put the advert up but completely screwed up the description meaning your bike is unlikely to sell?

I don't get it, why go to the trouble of displaying the advert and not do it correctly? Sounds like they're either incompetent, lazy, feckless, or a combination of the above. I don't really get how it's a scam, but maybe that's me being thick? (Thick means stupid in England, not heavily set/lardy).
Basically the scam is in the pitch. They tell you that they'll get your vehicle (car, bike, RV) sold almost immediately. Often they'll even tell you they have a buyer lined up. What actually happens is that they have their computer auto post a few useless ads on useless websites. The actual agreement for the service will not have any of the glowing promises that you heard in the pitch (which is why getting a chargeback from the credit card company is unlikely).

If you post a vehicle for sale on a site like Craigslist or Autotrader, you're likely to get a call from these scammers.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
So as I understand it, they charged you for this advertisement, went ahead and put the advert up but completely screwed up the description meaning your bike is unlikely to sell?

I don't get it, why go to the trouble of displaying the advert and not do it correctly? Sounds like they're either incompetent, lazy, feckless, or a combination of the above. I don't really get how it's a scam, but maybe that's me being thick? (Thick means stupid in England, not heavily set/lardy).
Basically the scam is in the pitch. They tell you that they'll get your vehicle (car, bike, RV) sold almost immediately. Often they'll even tell you they have a buyer lined up. What actually happens is that they have their computer auto post a few useless ads on useless websites. The actual agreement for the service will not have any of the glowing promises that you heard in the pitch (which is why getting a chargeback from the credit card company is unlikely).

If you post a vehicle for sale on a site like Craigslist or Autotrader, you're likely to get a call from these scammers.
Basically the scam is in the pitch. They tell you that they'll get your vehicle (car, bike, RV) sold almost immediately. Often they'll even tell you they have a buyer lined up. What actually happens is that they have their computer auto post a few useless ads on useless websites. The actual agreement for the service will not have any of the glowing promises that you heard in the pitch (which is why getting a chargeback from the credit card company is unlikely).

If you post a vehicle for sale on a site like Craigslist or Autotrader, you're likely to get a call from these scammers.
Thanks Flyn, I get it now. They sort of 'over egg the pudding' and leave you out of pocket and still owning the vehicle you need to sell fast.

We have a body called 'Trading Standards' who pursue and prosecute these sort of creating in Britain. The only time I ever called them they seemed deeply disinterested and as toothless as a hen.:-/
 
Same problem here in the states. Like many crimes now there is so much of it that there is not enough government resources to cover the large crimes let alone the small stuff. A few more years USA will be like Nigeria. Our people in Internet cafes trying to scam people.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
I tip my cap to you OldF7Guy for having the guts to share your experience here in hopes of helping others avoid the same plight. In the end, I hope this figures into the motorcycle karma equation and helps you land a stellar deal on that DLX model you've been longing for.

Im good with the loss Guth. I just want others to know about this and my mistake. I have cooled off now. Its all good and I have accepted my mistake. Just when you think you are old enough to not be fooled you re. I was. I admit it and I made a mistake.

I rode the 750 and CB110 both today and that was not a mistake. What fun it was. Both are great bikes and a lot of fun with different personalityies but I had a great time.

Im not so sure I want to sell my 750. I like this thing.
 
Thanks @OldF7Guy for your post. I was just called by this "company".
The woman on the phone sounded professional, although I would say she talked a little too fast and I skeptical from the get go ( I am skeptical about everything )
After talking briefly and telling me that I would never be charged more than $349.00
and that my bike would be posted on google and other popular websites, I was transferred to the sales department, then the sales woman asked if I had any questions about the process or anything. My first and only question was, Do you charge Up Front? after that she pretended to be having fun issues. "hello?" Then I said "hello? Yes I asked you a question, Do you charge up front?" Then she said "Hello" again and I hung up. Thanks again @OldF7Guy for your post it did help me out in determining it was garbage right off the bat.

-Bryan
 
BryanH, welcome to the forum. Why not post in the New Members section and tell us a bit about your self and your bike(s)?

I'm sure the late OldF7Guy would have been delighted to have helped save you from scammers.
 
Seeing a post by OldF7guy was good & bad. Was nice to see his name again, but sad to remember he was so much a part of this site before his untimely demise.

Been a long time brother, you are still missed.
 
I didn't know OldF7Guy but I'm very sorry to hear he's no longer with us.

I would have disputed the credit card charge with my bank. If nothing else, the scammers failed to provide the service he paid for (by listing the bike improperly and inaccurately). Basically, it sounds like they breached the agreement. The bank would have provided provisional credit, and the scammer's subsequent failure to sufficiently defend their position would have resulted in a permanent reversal of the charges.
 
Back
Top