Novice_imp
Been there
For example, A gastropod seashell can form a low Q Helmholtz resonator, amplifying many frequencies, resulting in the “sounds of the sea”. Maybe this is how Honda has engineered the low rumble in the factory unit.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I truly admire people who exhibit good common sense on a regular basis as there seems to be a shortage of this characteristic in today's world. I kind of threw common sense out the window when I purchased a brand new CB1100, especially while already owning a perfectly good motorcycle. While my wife is no fan of motorcycles, she could understand the desire when she first laid eyes on the CB.Rocky_imp said:Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes modspeterbaron_imp said:Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes modsRocky_imp said:Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
:rofl::rofl: funny you should say that.
I just did some running of numbers on exchange and to just get a Moriwaki here is a bucket of money - then there are the feds to deal with.
It's not looking so attractive now and my conservative Maritime nature (common sense) is taking over and starting to say, "Do you really need it at that price?"![]()
The everlasting battle - want vs need and vice versa.

I truly admire people who exhibit good common sense on a regular basis as there seems to be a shortage of this characteristic in today's world. I kind of threw common sense out the window when I purchased a brand new CB1100, especially while already owning a perfectly good motorcycle. While my wife is no fan of motorcycles, she could understand the desire when she first laid eyes on the CB.Guth_imp said:I truly admire people who exhibit good common sense on a regular basis as there seems to be a shortage of this characteristic in today's world. I kind of threw common sense out the window when I purchased a brand new CB1100, especially while already owning a perfectly good motorcycle. While my wife is no fan of motorcycles, she could understand the desire when she first laid eyes on the CB.Rocky_imp said:Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes modspeterbaron_imp said:Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes modsRocky_imp said:Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
:rofl::rofl: funny you should say that.
I just did some running of numbers on exchange and to just get a Moriwaki here is a bucket of money - then there are the feds to deal with.
It's not looking so attractive now and my conservative Maritime nature (common sense) is taking over and starting to say, "Do you really need it at that price?"![]()
The everlasting battle - want vs need and vice versa.
But when I purchased the Staintune there was simply no explanation that was going to fly when asked why I spent so much money for a muffler when the bike came with a brand new one in perfect working order. it was one of those times in life where the only explanation I could offer was that I just really wanted it (ah that golden chessnut known as the truth). I can tell you that day was not an exceptional one here at the CB1100 Forum World Headquarters. (My next ride on the CB with the new can mounted on the other hand was exceptional indeed.)
well, I don't always exhibit common sense because, like you, I had (still have) a perfectly good motorcycle in a 4-cylinder Honda CB900F (919 in the US) and certainly didn't need another 4-cylinder Honda.


Guth_imp said:I can only say that I've had no buyers remorse over that purchase and no regrets over replacing the factory setup. It's the tone of the exhaust that puts a smile on my face, even more so than the looks, the weight savings or any supposed performance gains that might be had. I'm definitely not into loud exhausts, but the tone of an exhaust on the other hand just speaks to my soul. That was my highest priority when determining which slip-on to purchase. The Moriwaki unit was on my short list of contenders as it sounded pretty good to me in the few videos I could find at the time. Moriwaki also has sound clips of some of their exhausts on their website including the slip-on.
That CB900F is a pretty slick motorcycle by the way. When Honda released the 599 and 919 here in the States I actually made a trip to the dealer to check out the 599. That was pretty notable as it was before my return to riding and I had never owned a street bike before.
