Wanting the Moriwaki slip-on canister

Inline4_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I just emailed webike Japan inquiring about the Moriwaki slip-on canister.
I'm assuming I can retain the centerstand, but I asked them anyway. :D
I also asked for a shipping quote.
The Staintune exhaust looks and sounds beautiful, but you guys know how "we" are. Got to have something different!
Hope to hear from them in a day or so. :)
 
Inline4_imp said:
I just emailed webike Japan inquiring about the Moriwaki slip-on canister.
I'm assuming I can retain the centerstand, but I asked them anyway. :D
I also asked for a shipping quote.
The Staintune exhaust looks and sounds beautiful, but you guys know how "we" are. Got to have something different!
Hope to hear from them in a day or so. :)
Good for you, Inline! As they say, variety is the spice of life. I look forward to hearing your review once you get the Moriwaki. They look like quality kit.
 
Currently, I'm most enamored with the looks of the Mugen slip-on, followed by the Moriwaki unit. I don't have the money to spare for such items right now so I'm content to simply enjoy the bike as it came from the factory. Maybe over time there will be wider distribution for some of the existing products made in Japan, or new ones introduced elsewhere. Just the same, I look forward to hearing more about the Moriwaki exhaust.
 
Thread starter
This is the response I got from Webike Japan:

*We cannot answer you clearly about compatibility.

Because out maker does not have any accurate data for fitting.

*It will arrive at our warehouse around 1week if you order now.

Thank you for your understanding."

I see no reason why I would have to remove the center stand so I'm probably going to order one. I just wish the Japanese-to-English translations on the Webike page weren't so difficult to understand.
Oh well, that's the price to pay I suppose when ya just gotta have one NOW :D
 
Thread starter
Flynbulldog_imp said:
this looks like the exhaust I'd like.
Can you give any details on where you got it or link to order it?
Thanks
I haven't bought it yet but sure am tempted. The only reason I haven't is $$$.
I have another knee surgery coming up that will be paid for out of pocket, so I have to watch my spending for a bit. Besides I haven't ridden the CB in 3 weeks due to that knee.
Hopefully this link will work for you, Flynbulldog. :)
MORIWAKI : Slip-On Exhaust Megaphone [01810-HL1G1-00]
 
Inline4_imp said:
Flynbulldog_imp said:
this looks like the exhaust I'd like.
Can you give any details on where you got it or link to order it?
Thanks
I haven't bought it yet but sure am tempted. The only reason I haven't is $$$.
I have another knee surgery coming up that will be paid for out of pocket, so I have to watch my spending for a bit. Besides I haven't ridden the CB in 3 weeks due to that knee.
Hopefully this link will work for you, Flynbulldog. :)
MORIWAKI : Slip-On Exhaust Megaphone [01810-HL1G1-00]
I haven't bought it yet but sure am tempted. The only reason I haven't is $$$.
I have another knee surgery coming up that will be paid for out of pocket, so I have to watch my spending for a bit. Besides I haven't ridden the CB in 3 weeks due to that knee.
Hopefully this link will work for you, Flynbulldog. :)
MORIWAKI : Slip-On Exhaust Megaphone [01810-HL1G1-00] Thanks inline4
Weird but that pipe in the pic does not look like the one in the vid, it looks straight and the pipe in the vid looks conical. what do you think?

34f1154af24dab798722e781bcd8b010.jpg
 
Guth_imp said:
I believe that it's the exact same exhaust. Just an optical illusion of sorts.
taken from that angle (the rear), the pipe would look even more flared than it actually is.. so, that pipe looks straight to me.

I'd really like a non-straight, flared muffler. The flared version of the Moriwaki looks like the thing for me (sournds good in the videos too !).
 
furious_blue_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I believe that it's the exact same exhaust. Just an optical illusion of sorts.
taken from that angle (the rear), the pipe would look even more flared than it actually is.. so, that pipe looks straight to me.

I'd really like a non-straight, flared muffler. The flared version of the Moriwaki looks like the thing for me (sournds good in the videos too !).
I'd agree, from that perspective the shape should look more flared, at least normally. I think it has to do with the angles of reflected surfaces in this case, making the exhaust look much straighter than it is. Moriwaki only shows one slip-on exhaust available for the CB1100 and it is definitely conical in shape, hence the "Megaphone" in the product title.
 
Guth_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I believe that it's the exact same exhaust. Just an optical illusion of sorts.
taken from that angle (the rear), the pipe would look even more flared than it actually is.. so, that pipe looks straight to me.

I'd really like a non-straight, flared muffler. The flared version of the Moriwaki looks like the thing for me (sournds good in the videos too !).
I'd agree, from that perspective the shape should look more flared, at least normally. I think it has to do with the angles of reflected surfaces in this case, making the exhaust look much straighter than it is. Moriwaki only shows one slip-on exhaust available for the CB1100 and it is definitely conical in shape, hence the "Megaphone" in the product title.
I'd agree, from that perspective the shape should look more flared, at least normally. I think it has to do with the angles of reflected surfaces in this case, making the exhaust look much straighter than it is. Moriwaki only shows one slip-on exhaust available for the CB1100 and it is definitely conical in shape, hence the "Megaphone" in the product title.
Yes, it's puzzling. Hope you're right and that no one is disappointed when they get it. I know that I want a slip on at some point. Not for more 'noise', just some deeper resonance or something like that :-)
 
because the photos are so confusing I'm afraid to order it. I don't know what I'm getting and shipping it back to japan, if it were wrong, would be a problem.
now I'm kinda leaning toward the Mugen but I'm not sure where to get that.
 
I like the looks of the Mugen slip-on the best, but like Flynbulldog, I've not found one for sale anywhere. If I had the money for it right now and I wanted to the Moriwaki unit, I wouldn't have any problems ordering it. Moriwaki only shows one type of "megaphone slip-on" on their site, and that's telling enough for me. There is always the Staintune exhaust as well. While I'm not quite as fond of it's styling, it definitely looks like a quality product and I sure do like the way it sounds. Scoobynut has reported that he looks forward to riding his CB that much more now just because of the exhuast. Man, wanting to ride the bike even more, that's hard to imagine. :D
 
Guth_imp said:
I like the looks of the Mugen slip-on the best, but like Flynbulldog, I've not found one for sale anywhere. If I had the money for it right now and I wanted to the Moriwaki unit, I wouldn't have any problems ordering it. Moriwaki only shows one type of "megaphone slip-on" on their site, and that's telling enough for me. There is always the Staintune exhaust as well. While I'm not quite as fond of it's styling, it definitely looks like a quality product and I sure do like the way it sounds. Scoobynut has reported that he looks forward to riding his CB that much more now just because of the exhuast. Man, wanting to ride the bike even more, that's hard to imagine. :D
Yep, I feel exactly the same way, I like the looks of the Mugen best, not quite as fond of the staintune but having owned a set on another bike I know the quality.
I may end up with the Staintune because of logistics, but it's compromise that wouldn't give me a second thought.

I've been a bit busy since I got my CB just a few days ago I haven't been able to ride it much and I'm yearning to get it out!
 
Thread starter
Alright, enough already! You guys are forcing me to buy this Moriwaki! :D
I'll do it this weekend when, hopefully I have just a bit more time than I do right now.
You guys should all be ashamed....................ALL OF YOU!!!! :D :D :heart:
 
Thread starter
wildezt_imp said:
he he he :)
Is there a Dyno chart of the Moriwaki Slip on available anywhere.? I searched a lot couldnt find any info on it..:huh:
When it arrives, I'll post my "seat-of-the-pants" dyno chart and you can come to your own conclusion. LOL!!!!!!!:D
 
Back
Top