Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club National Rally

suhawk305

Road warrior
Thread starter
I attended the 2021 VJMC National Rally held in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania this past Thursday thru Saturday. Had a great time. I brought my 1967 Honda CB77 and toured the Gettysburg Civil War National Battleground, and put on some jolting and vibrating miles on local roads in Pennsylvania and adjacent Maryland. But my old bike ran flawlessly for its age and technology. Here are some pictures:
674779f1ca58b292adae86cc433f1766.jpg

My CB77 with the Minnesota and Pennsylvania Monuments.

a722337ff481e5362f21e1e8f497d30f.jpg

Picture taken on SW Confederate Ave where the 2nd place participants line was.

Some motorcycles in the show:

c08f088cd9702f6df650968a7e1f6b07.jpg

This Honda is completely original, amazing!

97f8f84028444c3dc34f6aa92b897333.jpg

A line of Hondas.

eba2ecd9ee0de007dbf21611e93f5382.jpg

Beautiful Rickman kit

0affa9c019eba725ca2da9434d2c9047.jpg

Kawasaki

8379430eee5e524704a05b6f3af3b95f.jpg

Yamaha

Fortunately (or Unfortunately?) there was an Ikon Suspension sales rep. there. So compulsion took over my brain and I ended up coming home with a set of Ikon Dial-A-Ride shocks for my CB1100. Since I have been riding my old CB77 during the event, I will need to ride my CB1100 with the stock shocks prior to me installing the Ikons so I can make a comparison.
 
Beautiful CB77 Suhawk. Nice quick captures.

I've been to the Gettysburg battlefields a couple of times and I imagine your recent visit was steamy hot? (for sure these past few days) I always think of the massive losses on the field in the terrible heat of the summer. The clean-up crew must have been suicidal.
 
OMG Suhawk, great pics of great bikes, GW, CBX and CB and your CB77...thanks for sharing..
....my memory is still ALIVE :excited:
 
man those epics bring back memories of some great times. Thanks suhawk!
 
Thread starter
To answer the couple of questions:
Gold, The temperatures were in the 80's F, but riding wasn't uncomfortable
.
Michael1954 and PowerDubs, the national VJMC Rally is located in different area. I understand next year's National Rally is planned be held in the Arkansas Ozarks. The VJMC has area events and shows throughout the country. You can check the VJMC.org website: Calendar | Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

Stitch, it was fun primarily riding the Superhawk like I did years ago. We have a long history of adventures.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
To answer the couple of questions:
Gold, The temperatures were in the 80's F, but riding wasn't uncomfortable
.
Michael1954 and PowerDubs, the national VJMC Rally is located in different area. I understand next year's National Rally is planned be held in the Arkansas Ozarks. The VJMC has area events and shows throughout the country. You can check the VJMC.org website: Calendar | Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

Stitch, it was fun primarily riding the Superhawk like I did years ago. We have a long history of adventures.
I can relate to the love affair! I think my 250 will still be with me when I'm 90.
 
Back
Top