vetter fairing help

Canadianredneck_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Good evening people. have a 2014 CB1100ex my wife bought me new for Christmas a few years ago, I seldom ride it as i miss my Vetter on my 83 CB1100 f and CB750k i owned when were dating in that era. I have a perfect black Vetter 3 to install. I pulled the headlight and turn signal lights, I see no earthly way to install this fairing. I have to maount it to the frame as it wont mount to the forks and still turn. Suggestions/pictures? i see them installed but dont see how. Please help. the bike only has 2k on it.
 
Hey Canadianredneck - sounds like an interesting project. Yeah, there might be one somewhere in this Forum - I think. Nonetheless, them shields are big.

Welcome to the Forum! Hopefully soon you will have your forum-assisted answers.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey Canadianredneck - sounds like an interesting project. Yeah, there might be one somewhere in this Forum - I think. Nonetheless, them shields are big.

Welcome to the Forum! Hopefully soon you will have your forum-assisted answers.
Thank you and I hope so!
 
One member installed one. There was a thread about it but it was a while ago. Have to do some searching.

Edit to add: After posting I see you found the (or a ) thread. There are no mounts for our bikes for a Vetter. You have to fabricate something that will work.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Here is a thread on a Vetter. He said what mounts he used: http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14493&highlight=vetter

If you search on Vetter a bunch of threads come up.
Good recovery Lord Popgun. Maybe in a message reach out caddy425 can offer some significant tips to our new member.
Good recovery Lord Popgun. Maybe in a message reach out caddy425 can offer some significant tips to our new member.
Thank you, i did reach out to him.
 
The Don Vesco Rabid Transit used the same mount. I have one. :) It's a bit rough but if push comes to shove I do a layout and take some measurements so you could have one fabricated.

As is, it's a dickens to install and I had to undo the oil radiator. Didn't have to when taking it off. But a split mount would have been real nice.

I also found some sorbathan vibration absorbtion material helped a lot too (at least for the Rabid Transit).
 
Does anyone know why it was called the “rabid” transit?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Does anyone know why it was called the “rabid” transit?
Just a guess, but I would suspect those wild and crazy kids at Vetter never had their rabies vaccinations. Very clever name.
 
Lol rabid means fanatical, so I always assumed it meant a fanatical way to transit or ride
 
Back
Top