Van asked me to have a word with you fine gentlemen.

Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
VLJ that was awesome I must say. Best introduction of a CB evar!

I also love how you are now telling ME how smooth, fast and ultimately rideable the CB 1100 is. Quite the turn of event since 2013 lol.

Think I will copy and send your intro to Jeremy in Texas lol

Oh and congrats and welcome to the club!
Nope, I wasn't telling you those things. Far be it from me to tell you anything you don't already know about the CB1100. I was merely telling Monica how happy you will be to hear that I find her to be all those things, as opposed to your dismay upon reading the news of the CB's heavy steering and somewhat clunky tranny in my review of Eric's '14 Standard.

Monica's description is merely confirmation of that which you already know.

If you send this thing to Jeremy, please post his response here, if he's willing.
Ulvetanna, yep, I couldn't be less concerned now with any potential shortcomings of the CB1100, in the sporting sense. While I do plan to try to slow down on the CB, I fully expect that she will acquit herself quite nicely on my favorite roads. I saw the way Eric was hauling tail on his '14 Standard while staying in my mirrors during one medium-fast section of our ride in the Sierra foothills. I would imagine that he or I would have gone faster (and easier) on Monica, with her superior suspension, much quicker and more neutral handling, and smoother tranny. Simply throwing a set of new, non-squared-off, properly inflated tires on Eric's bike would likely make a world of difference, right off the bat.

I anticipate dragging Monica's peg feelers fairly easily, and I've decided not to care when it happens. It will shock me initially, then I'll get used to it. If it becomes an issue, I'll remove them. No biggie.

Do I expect Monica to hang with the XSR on Mosquito Ridge or Skagg's Springs Rd? No, of course not, nor will I ever ask such things of her. Will she still manage just fine on those types of roads? Absolutely.

Which reminds me, I need to come up with a name now for the XSR. She's the garage metal version with the two-tone black and burgundy seat, and a full carbon fiber Akrapovic exhaust system.

Any suggestions?
 
VLJ_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
VLJ that was awesome I must say. Best introduction of a CB evar!

I also love how you are now telling ME how smooth, fast and ultimately rideable the CB 1100 is. Quite the turn of event since 2013 lol.

Think I will copy and send your intro to Jeremy in Texas lol

Oh and congrats and welcome to the club!
Nope, I wasn't telling you those things. Far be it from me to tell you anything you don't already know about the CB1100. I was merely telling Monica how happy you will be to hear that I find her to be all those things, as opposed to your dismay upon reading the news of the CB's heavy steering and somewhat clunky tranny in my review of Eric's '14 Standard.

Monica's description is merely confirmation of that which you already know.

If you send this thing to Jeremy, please post his response here, if he's willing.
Ulvetanna, yep, I couldn't be less concerned now with any potential shortcomings of the CB1100, in the sporting sense. While I do plan to try to slow down on the CB, I fully expect that she will acquit herself quite nicely on my favorite roads. I saw the way Eric was hauling tail on his '14 Standard while staying in my mirrors during one medium-fast section of our ride in the Sierra foothills. I would imagine that he or I would have gone faster (and easier) on Monica, with her superior suspension, much quicker and more neutral handling, and smoother tranny. Simply throwing a set of new, non-squared-off, properly inflated tires on Eric's bike would likely make a world of difference, right off the bat.

I anticipate dragging Monica's peg feelers fairly easily, and I've decided not to care when it happens. It will shock me initially, then I'll get used to it. If it becomes an issue, I'll remove them. No biggie.

Do I expect Monica to hang with the XSR on Mosquito Ridge or Skagg's Springs Rd? No, of course not, nor will I ever ask such things of her. Will she still manage just fine on those types of roads? Absolutely.

Which reminds me, I need to come up with a name now for the XSR. She's the garage metal version with the two-tone black and burgundy seat, and a full carbon fiber Akrapovic exhaust system.

Any suggestions?
You get used to it really quick. A couple times I cranked it into a turn and just touched right down, but you calibrate. Body position, corner entry, turn-in, you'll adapt quickly.

I have never named a bike, nor will I ever.;)

Anthropomorphism does not fit in with my naturalist world view. The bike is a machine. As such, it treats me with respectful and perfect neutrality. I would never expect such from another human being. Also, a machine can be replaced. That's not the case with human being.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:D

Skaggs Springs, yes, two-up on the CB1100 was most excellent, the bike handled it beautifully. You are going to really enjoy that motorcycle.

Just go ride the dadgummed thing; even though I put 10K miles on mine, I'd like to hear all about your new machine.:clap:
 
Thread starter
I have never named a motorcycle before, but this CB is definitely Monica Bellucci to me. I've named a few of my guitars over the years, always after women in my life, and you're right, it's always a crappy feeling to sell "someone" you've named!

Heh. My local Kawi dealer just called to offer me a "super-screaming new deal" on the Ninja 1000 I nearly bought two days ago.

Now that bike would definitely be a blast on Skaggs Springs Rd, and beyond. Doubt it would be much fun on that goat trail road leading from Skaggs Springs to Stewart's Point, though.
 
VLJ_imp said:
RockHop_imp said:
Italian model? Guess you bought a Ducati by mistake :rofl:
Monica Bellucci Wrote:See, apparently there's this Honda motorcycle called a CB1100 EX, and Van says it reminds him of me. A lot. A whole lot. As in, it's rather disturbing, just how much this motorcycle reminds him of me. I try to tell him, "Van, how can that motorcycle be me, and I, it? That beautiful lady is certainly dressed in red, but she is not Italian. When you caress her just so, she does not respond with the seductive purr of bella Tuscany; rather, she has a certain Asiatic allure, which is wonderful in its own right, but it's more saki than chianti, don't you see?"

Always, he dismisses my gentle remonstrations with a knowing grin. "It's not about birth certificates, or colors on a flag," he tells me. "It's about who you are...what you are. In any language, born of any nation, this bike is you."
Cormanus, my buddy had me reduce the size of my XSR dyno-run pic down to this site's accepted limit, and still the site wouldn't attach my link. He's a tech wizard, but couldn't explain why it wasn't working. So, instead, he had me send him the pic and my password, and posted it for me.

I'll probably have to do the same again, to post any cellphone pics of Monica.
Monica Bellucci Wrote:See, apparently there's this Honda motorcycle called a CB1100 EX, and Van says it reminds him of me. "
My bad. Skipped past the intro to read the sultry ride review. Should have known you had it covered. :blush:
 
Hey VLJ... got a response back from Jeremy .....

"Bahahaha! Well, I'd definitely say he is in love... And has too much discretionary time on his hands, apparently. And may or may not have an unhealthy obsession with Monica Bellucci.

Good for him. I know, like me, that the CB has been tempting him for years. I presume he made his peace with a 2017 model? My only jaunt has been on a 2014 which I liked a lot, but it didn't press any of the right buttons. Maybe I also need to sample the subtle updates that have been made!

Happy 2018 to you, Mickey. I hope things are going well. Ride safe, and thanks for reaching out!"

Jeremy
 
Thread starter
mickey, kindly inform Jeremy that where Monica Bellucci is concerned there is no such thing as an unhealthy level of obsession. If anything, a lack of proper obsession with Monica Bellucci is a sign of real concern.
 
VLJ I think you are infatuating here. There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Acrobat_imp said:
VLJ I think you are infatuating here. There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
Ya' think?

:blush:

Quote:There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
She's actually a virtual clone of my first wife, but...yeah.

:@
 
VLJ_imp said:
Acrobat_imp said:
VLJ I think you are infatuating here. There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
Ya' think?

:blush:

Quote:There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
She's actually a virtual clone of my first wife, but...yeah.

:@
Ya' think?

:blush:

Quote:There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
She's actually a virtual clone of my first wife, but...yeah.

:@ We all want some photos here VLJ...you know, we all have to prove our selves every day...:cool:
 
Acrobat_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
Acrobat_imp said:
VLJ I think you are infatuating here. There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
Ya' think?

:blush:

Quote:There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
She's actually a virtual clone of my first wife, but...yeah.

:@
Ya' think?

:blush:

Quote:There's no way Monica let you ride her. I know Monica, she likes virgin teenagers. You're no virgin and for sure you're not a teenager...:rofl:
She's actually a virtual clone of my first wife, but...yeah.

:@ We all want some photos here VLJ...you know, we all have to prove our selves every day...:cool:
Yeah, not really.

You kids hustle along and get back to class now. And don't let me catch you back here behind the gymnasium with your Dad's magazines again...
 
VLJ_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
VLJ that was awesome I must say. Best introduction of a CB evar!

I also love how you are now telling ME how smooth, fast and ultimately rideable the CB 1100 is. Quite the turn of event since 2013 lol.

Think I will copy and send your intro to Jeremy in Texas lol

Oh and congrats and welcome to the club!
Nope, I wasn't telling you those things. Far be it from me to tell you anything you don't already know about the CB1100. I was merely telling Monica how happy you will be to hear that I find her to be all those things, as opposed to your dismay upon reading the news of the CB's heavy steering and somewhat clunky tranny in my review of Eric's '14 Standard.

Monica's description is merely confirmation of that which you already know.

If you send this thing to Jeremy, please post his response here, if he's willing.
Ulvetanna, yep, I couldn't be less concerned now with any potential shortcomings of the CB1100, in the sporting sense. While I do plan to try to slow down on the CB, I fully expect that she will acquit herself quite nicely on my favorite roads. I saw the way Eric was hauling tail on his '14 Standard while staying in my mirrors during one medium-fast section of our ride in the Sierra foothills. I would imagine that he or I would have gone faster (and easier) on Monica, with her superior suspension, much quicker and more neutral handling, and smoother tranny. Simply throwing a set of new, non-squared-off, properly inflated tires on Eric's bike would likely make a world of difference, right off the bat.

I anticipate dragging Monica's peg feelers fairly easily, and I've decided not to care when it happens. It will shock me initially, then I'll get used to it. If it becomes an issue, I'll remove them. No biggie.

Do I expect Monica to hang with the XSR on Mosquito Ridge or Skagg's Springs Rd? No, of course not, nor will I ever ask such things of her. Will she still manage just fine on those types of roads? Absolutely.

Which reminds me, I need to come up with a name now for the XSR. She's the garage metal version with the two-tone black and burgundy seat, and a full carbon fiber Akrapovic exhaust system.

Any suggestions?
La Celosa
 
This level of anthropomorphism is really getting nauseating. Ugh.

Ride the dang motorcycle already and come back with report, will ya?
 
Thread starter
I'm not retired, Ulvetanna. I still have to go to work. I'm at work all day today, tomorrow, and Saturday. I'll be able to ride her the few minutes it takes to get to work, but that's nothing. I won't be able to go do another real ride until Sunday.
 
Great read, glad you made the correct assumptions regarding the handling on the '14 you rode. It's been fun following your posts leading up to this match made in Heaven.
Looking forward to your follow up and hope it's a nice day Sunday. We would't want Monica to get her petticoat wet.

Ben
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
VLJ that was awesome I must say. Best introduction of a CB evar!

I also love how you are now telling ME how smooth, fast and ultimately rideable the CB 1100 is. Quite the turn of event since 2013 lol.

Think I will copy and send your intro to Jeremy in Texas lol

Oh and congrats and welcome to the club!
Nope, I wasn't telling you those things. Far be it from me to tell you anything you don't already know about the CB1100. I was merely telling Monica how happy you will be to hear that I find her to be all those things, as opposed to your dismay upon reading the news of the CB's heavy steering and somewhat clunky tranny in my review of Eric's '14 Standard.

Monica's description is merely confirmation of that which you already know.

If you send this thing to Jeremy, please post his response here, if he's willing.
Ulvetanna, yep, I couldn't be less concerned now with any potential shortcomings of the CB1100, in the sporting sense. While I do plan to try to slow down on the CB, I fully expect that she will acquit herself quite nicely on my favorite roads. I saw the way Eric was hauling tail on his '14 Standard while staying in my mirrors during one medium-fast section of our ride in the Sierra foothills. I would imagine that he or I would have gone faster (and easier) on Monica, with her superior suspension, much quicker and more neutral handling, and smoother tranny. Simply throwing a set of new, non-squared-off, properly inflated tires on Eric's bike would likely make a world of difference, right off the bat.

I anticipate dragging Monica's peg feelers fairly easily, and I've decided not to care when it happens. It will shock me initially, then I'll get used to it. If it becomes an issue, I'll remove them. No biggie.

Do I expect Monica to hang with the XSR on Mosquito Ridge or Skagg's Springs Rd? No, of course not, nor will I ever ask such things of her. Will she still manage just fine on those types of roads? Absolutely.

Which reminds me, I need to come up with a name now for the XSR. She's the garage metal version with the two-tone black and burgundy seat, and a full carbon fiber Akrapovic exhaust system.

Any suggestions?
La Celosa
La Celosa
Nice.
 
VLJ_imp said:
I'm not retired, Ulvetanna. I still have to go to work. I'm at work all day today, tomorrow, and Saturday. I'll be able to ride her the few minutes it takes to get to work, but that's nothing. I won't be able to go do another real ride until Sunday.
Well, you'll get 'round to it.
 
Back
Top