jimgl3_imp
Been there
Thread starter
who's going to bite the bullet and do a valve adjustment video?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Why do you want a video of me taking my bike to the shop?jimgl3_imp said:who's going to bite the bullet and do a valve adjustment video?
I'm with you. Would love to see a how to before I do mine for the first time also from one of the more experienced guys than I.jimgl3_imp said:I would just feel more comfortable about it if I've seen it done. watch one, do one, teach one, you know... there is at least one video on the nc750x and it's so simple you could adjust them occasionally for fun. really.
re: it being same as other shim under bucket, yes, but I want to see that valve cover come off and all those little pieces and parts that LakeWylieJoe talks about in his tips post.
and with the nc there are T1 and T2 marks you can clearly see so it's pretty much dummy proof where to line up. where as with this monster, you may have to take sprockets and chains off which scares the pee out of me!
I'm over 20,000 miles, so probably a good idea to check before too much longer...
That is an immensely great idea. In practice, less than ideal.michael1954_imp said:Wouldn't it be great if we all could get together and do this to our bikes at the same time. I know it is just a whim, but you guys have a wealth of knowledge I could absorb from working on this and seeing how it is done. I have to find a way to see if the Honda dealer here in Corpus Christi can do it without offending them. I have slightly over 8600 miles on the 2013.
The XJrider forum does that. One of the moderators has a shop and its open invite for any members riding his way to drop in and work on the bikes theremichael1954_imp said:Wouldn't it be great if we all could get together and do this to our bikes at the same time. I know it is just a whim, but you guys have a wealth of knowledge I could absorb from working on this and seeing how it is done. I have to find a way to see if the Honda dealer here in Corpus Christi can do it without offending them. I have slightly over 8600 miles on the 2013.
The XJrider forum does that. One of the moderators has a shop and its open invite for any members riding his way to drop in and work on the bikes theremvk24_imp said:The XJrider forum does that. One of the moderators has a shop and its open invite for any members riding his way to drop in and work on the bikes theremichael1954_imp said:Wouldn't it be great if we all could get together and do this to our bikes at the same time. I know it is just a whim, but you guys have a wealth of knowledge I could absorb from working on this and seeing how it is done. I have to find a way to see if the Honda dealer here in Corpus Christi can do it without offending them. I have slightly over 8600 miles on the 2013.
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Do you think anyone in the Forum could or would do it?Charlie Bravo_imp said:That's a Zoom meeting I would attend.
Would be a little tricky to arrange but a good idea.GoldOxide_imp said:Some excellent thoughts here folks.
The [Zoom] meeting would have a list of prerequisites for those who wish to participate live on their machine - and even get live assistance if an "uh oh moment" occurs.