Used CB in Jacksonville, FL.

I agree he must be increasing the price for the "CHROME PACKAGE" that to me was not an option at my dealership... Was it at yours? Or did you have to go to aftermarket parts? But would that then make it a chrome package?

Makes you say hmmmm
 
Thread starter
My guess is the amount he's asking is exactly what is needed to pay off the note. But he states that doesn't he.
 
Staggering that he's ended up owning a bike he has a big fat zero equity in, so he's lost quite a lot in his short ownership, allowing for the $1700 ticket depreciation plus interest charges set up fees, final settlement charges etc.

I can't believe people would buy something with so little deposit, although over here there are zillions of offers to "pay £99 today and ride away"

I took out finance on half the cost of my bike, but only because I got a promotional rate from Honda UK as part of an initiative to clear demo stock.

I had the money in the bank, where it still it, but as I reasoned with myself "if the roof needs replacing at home, Honda ain't gonna lend me any cheap money for that, are they?" :D
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
Staggering that he's ended up owning a bike he has a big fat zero equity in, so he's lost quite a lot in his short ownership, allowing for the $1700 ticket depreciation plus interest charges set up fees, final settlement charges etc.

I can't believe people would buy something with so little deposit, although over here there are zillions of offers to "pay £99 today and ride away"

I took out finance on half the cost of my bike, but only because I got a promotional rate from Honda UK as part of an initiative to clear demo stock.

I had the money in the bank, where it still it, but as I reasoned with myself "if the roof needs replacing at home, Honda ain't gonna lend me any cheap money for that, are they?" :D
Exactly right. When I purchased my first car on credit 46 years ago, the lending agency required 25% down which was not easy for me to come up with at the time. I remember thinking it "unfair" at the time but now I think it wise.
 
I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !
 
Houtman_imp said:
I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !

Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !

Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.

Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
I concur, and after a bout of excess as a 'young-un'... I learned the benefits of fugality a bit later in life. I'm 58, been married to the same woman for 37 years who's better than me with spending, and have learned that 'cash is king and debt is dumb' (to quote Dave Ramsey)! If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it... houses, cars, motorcycles, trips, it makes no difference. You really do feel different, and better, when you're debt free!
 
Thread starter
ride4now_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !

Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.

Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
I concur, and after a bout of excess as a 'young-un'... I learned the benefits of fugality a bit later in life. I'm 58, been married to the same woman for 37 years who's better than me with spending, and have learned that 'cash is king and debt is dumb' (to quote Dave Ramsey)! If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it... houses, cars, motorcycles, trips, it makes no difference. You really do feel different, and better, when you're debt free!

Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
I concur, and after a bout of excess as a 'young-un'... I learned the benefits of fugality a bit later in life. I'm 58, been married to the same woman for 37 years who's better than me with spending, and have learned that 'cash is king and debt is dumb' (to quote Dave Ramsey)! If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it... houses, cars, motorcycles, trips, it makes no difference. You really do feel different, and better, when you're debt free!
Amen and Amen, debt free and loving it.
 
Houtman and Ferret. Congratulations to the pair of you and to your wives on 40 years. A commendable achievement.
 
Back
Top