redbirds_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
dBuster_imp said:Came with a chrome package? I wasn't aware of this option...
Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Ask more and take less. I agree price is high but easier to lower then to raise it for sure. It's all negotiable on this stuff.Elipten_imp said:Seems pricey.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly right. When I purchased my first car on credit 46 years ago, the lending agency required 25% down which was not easy for me to come up with at the time. I remember thinking it "unfair" at the time but now I think it wise.Tortuga_imp said:Staggering that he's ended up owning a bike he has a big fat zero equity in, so he's lost quite a lot in his short ownership, allowing for the $1700 ticket depreciation plus interest charges set up fees, final settlement charges etc.
I can't believe people would buy something with so little deposit, although over here there are zillions of offers to "pay £99 today and ride away"
I took out finance on half the cost of my bike, but only because I got a promotional rate from Honda UK as part of an initiative to clear demo stock.
I had the money in the bank, where it still it, but as I reasoned with myself "if the roof needs replacing at home, Honda ain't gonna lend me any cheap money for that, are they?"![]()
Houtman_imp said:I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !
The ferret_imp said:Houtman_imp said:I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !
Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
ride4now_imp said:The ferret_imp said:Houtman_imp said:I only buy bikes or "stuff" for my bikes if I can pay cash.
They are wants and not needs.
Of course at 63 and having been a frugal person all my life , it is now much easier than when we were young.
I am very lucky that my wife feels the same about money and savings as I am.
We have been married 40 years this year , one thing what can keep a person poor is Divorce !
Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
Dang, it sounds like I wrote that. 63, married 40 years in May, have lived frugally as has my wife, pay cash for wants and needs.
I concur, and after a bout of excess as a 'young-un'... I learned the benefits of fugality a bit later in life. I'm 58, been married to the same woman for 37 years who's better than me with spending, and have learned that 'cash is king and debt is dumb' (to quote Dave Ramsey)! If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it... houses, cars, motorcycles, trips, it makes no difference. You really do feel different, and better, when you're debt free!