Up The Hills & down The Valley

Jonz_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
This AM helped my mom (89yrs old-30 more than me) with a few chores, then after lunch a 100 mile or so ride. I-5 to I-90 heading east (only eastward from Seattle) across Lake Washington on one of the 2 floating bridges. Traffic was thin and speed was easy. I stopped short of the pass,which is only 60 miles from downtown, to see if any of the side roads lead anywhere interesting. Mostly they didn't, but that's because I wasn't interested in riding gravel roads today. I did find a few that were paved and explored a little. Took some pics. On the way home I took the cut-off that would take me over the north end of the lake. North Bend-Snoqualmie-Carnation-Duval-Woodinville. The Snoqualmie Valley is milk cow country and filled with new and old farms. I love that ride and was happy that it was breezy enough that the smell wasn't an issue. Got back before rush hour!



[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jonz1/media/IMG_5046_zps6j2ezfua.jpg.html]

[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jonz1/media/IMG_5047_zpszdgxqv5y.jpg.html]

[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jonz1/media/IMG_5042_zps7i2s8pjc.jpg.html]

[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jonz1/media/IMG_4987_zpssfnjephc.jpg.html]
 
Man that second pic is a cool one. Great lighting and contrast or something, and capturing yourself on the mirror was cool. Neat waterfall too.

Nice report and pics Jonz.
 
Looks beautiful, Jonz! Really pretty country. I rode part of WA state with my brother in 2013 and would really like to get back. He rides Snoqualmie fairly often, I think. Enjoy it!
 
Thread starter
Thanks- The waterfall pic was actually from about a month ago on a different trip- It's Sonqualmie falls, there's a big lodge that overlooks that drop. We had a wet spring, by fall it's 1/2 that size.
 
Lovely pics, Jonz. I thought for a minute you'd taken your 90 year old mother on the bike when you'd done the chores. :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lovely pics, Jonz. I thought for a minute you'd taken your 90 year old mother on the bike when you'd done the chores. :D
I had the exact same thought. "Man, what a mom!"

Then I re-read the first sentence to gain some clarity. Still, the image going though my mind for that brief moment in time was priceless.
By the way, like ferret, I too really dug the self-portrait.
 
Thread starter
It's been at least 25 years since I took my mom out on the bike, maybe I should ask her again. I should install a cane holder first.- Jon Z
 
Back
Top