Ultimate UJM?

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
d61814484842a874abe85f6ef3187d99.jpg


more at Motorcyle Daily:

Sanctuary RCM-276 DAEG: Why Go Halfway When You Build Your Ultimate UJM? « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews
 
I'm a few months into ZRX ownership, and it's a hell of a bike. The DAEG version, as modified in the picture above, is still sold in Japan. That's one long lived model! I find the Zed to be complimentary to the CB so far, but at 125 bhp it's a hell of a lot more energetic.
 
I always had a bit of desire for an Eddie Lawson replica.
 
Mine is an Eddie Lawson Replica Replica. Prior owner did a nice job with powdercoating, polished wheels and some other Farkles to get close to the original replica. And the Muzzy/ intake and jetting really opened up the already stonking motor.
214cf1f758a91646be9783e3c2c4db16.jpg
 
Capo_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Honda won't import the CB1300 for me. :(
I love that bike. And the big Suzuki and Yamaha burly UJM's that we don't get here.
You can say that again. The modern UJM is not dead. It's just not offered in North America.

XJR1300
f38f2b737640fe4e51c123d9b6e74c86.jpg


GSX1400
d8b8c6bcdf093b398d367ea92b81b05a.jpg


CB1300
51e0306436a3bed3bea39a02bb958e0c.jpg


:@ :@ :@
 
I was at our local bike night at a bar in Freehold, NJ last summer, my group of six guys on Triumphs and Ducatis, amid a sea of Harley's and metric cruisers. All of a sudden, a guy pulls up on a GSX 1400. The six of us rush over, thinking its a mirage. Turns out the dude actually bought on in the UK, disassembled it, brought it back in crates, put it back together, and got a special construction title for it here. If I had the time and patience....
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Honda won't import the CB1300 for me. :(
I love that bike. And the big Suzuki and Yamaha burly UJM's that we don't get here.
You can say that again. The modern UJM is not dead. It's just not offered in North America.

XJR1300
f38f2b737640fe4e51c123d9b6e74c86.jpg


GSX1400
d8b8c6bcdf093b398d367ea92b81b05a.jpg


CB1300
51e0306436a3bed3bea39a02bb958e0c.jpg


:@ :@ :@
You can say that again. The modern UJM is not dead. It's just not offered in North America.

CB1300
fa662d72bf7d7102c4e74fcc9aa2845f.jpg


:@ :@ :@
I bet there's a thriving business supplying aftermarket exhausts for the CB1300. That thing is huge!
 
UJM comeback in the 'States a trend? Is Honda actually AHEAD of the curve on this one? Would be cool. They missed the chopper thing by about 5 years with the Fury.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Honda won't import the CB1300 for me. :(
I love that bike. And the big Suzuki and Yamaha burly UJM's that we don't get here.
You can say that again. The modern UJM is not dead. It's just not offered in North America.

XJR1300
f38f2b737640fe4e51c123d9b6e74c86.jpg


GSX1400
d8b8c6bcdf093b398d367ea92b81b05a.jpg


CB1300
51e0306436a3bed3bea39a02bb958e0c.jpg


:@ :@ :@
You can say that again. The modern UJM is not dead. It's just not offered in North America.

XJR1300
7aa9c6f91d97a1bbfa19af8ff60b779f.jpg


GSX1400
e679a91f89e9f298db92c1497cc53b1e.jpg


CB1300
22ea59b6db4ca04d80e2da315d14f7e9.jpg


:@ :@ :@
Are you kidding me?

I trip over all of those bikes new and used all the time in England!

From what I've heard from owners, the GSX1400 is too big and unwieldy in bends, the XJR1300 I considered but they're two a penny over here and pretty nondescript looking. The CB1300 is a beauty, but weights a cuss-ton. I've sat on a few and they're BIG!

I wouldn't swap my CB1000 for any of these bikes.

It's lower, lighter, better built and rarer. I've had numerous people stare at my CB, and one bloke whilst I was paying for petrol actually said "that's a really nice bike you've got there mate!"

This was in England where we never talk to strangers, unless we're mental, or robbing them!;)
You can say that again. The modern UJM is not dead. It's just not offered in North America.

XJR1300
8e50d2c5b084ab3d973c997775c516e6.jpg


GSX1400
ffe59c8128c205b35a0bc6d0ae09815e.jpg


CB1300
c202f0dc25322c71c6d36746e8a73a95.jpg


:@ :@ :@
Are you kidding me?

I trip over all of those bikes new and used all the time in England!

From what I've heard from owners, the GSX1400 is too big and unwieldy in bends, the XJR1300 I considered but they're two a penny over here and pretty nondescript looking. The CB1300 is a beauty, but weights a cuss-ton. I've sat on a few and they're BIG!

I wouldn't swap my CB1000 for any of these bikes.

It's lower, lighter, better built and rarer. I've had numerous people stare at my CB, and one bloke whilst I was paying for petrol actually said "that's a really nice bike you've got there mate!"

This was in England where we never talk to strangers, unless we're mental, or robbing them!;)
Edited to see, GSX1400 no longer imported to UK.
 
My experience in the UK, says in pubs strangers are talked to, especially if they have a yank accent.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Tortuga, in your post you mentioned that you would not swap your CB1000 for the other bikes.
Did you mean to say CB1100 or do you also own a CB1000
I have a 94 and 95 CB1000 and absolutely love these bikes.
 
Not much of a kawi fan but I'd take the big cb 1300 any day. That's the one I would actually buy if Honda ever decides to import it to the states. I mean damn if they can bring in the NM4 then certainly they can bring in a few cb1300's.
 
Undoubtedly very nice motorcycles all...

my issue with all these new age UJMs is the back ends don't look right to me sticking up in the air on an angle more like a sport bike than a UJM, with too much space between the tire and the seat area and weird rear fenders and tail light assys. And the Honda doesn't have any cylinder fins. All too modern looking for me. To me they are simply naked sport bikes.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Undoubtedly very nice motorcycles all...

my issue with all these new age UJMs is the back ends don't look right to me sticking up in the air on an angle more like a sport bike than a UJM, with too much space between the tire and the seat area and weird rear fenders and tail light assys. And the Honda doesn't have any cylinder fins. All too modern looking for me. To me they are simply naked sport bikes.
And you would be absolutely correct sir!! :beerchug:
 
Back
Top