Two of 'em in one place!

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
So, here it is the first photo on this forum of two Australian CB1100s together in one place. Better than that, it happened because of a forum hosted in the USA. In the blue corner, Enzo's CB1100; in the black corner, Cormanus's bike.



I promise they're different colours. For Randy, here's that blue tank,



So we met south of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia at a place called Beaudesert and rode around an area called the Scenic Rim. It's a bit flatter than my part of the world, drier (at the moment) but very attractive none the less. It's bracketed to the south by mountains—probably mere hills in the US context.

Anyway, we had a good ride and an agreeable catch up. Here's the route map and some pictures.

Enzo's Blue CB








Doesn't look like a big bike from this angle ...


Stopped for a very ordinary burger at Rathdowney and met a Harley on his way to NSW ...



Homeward bound ...


Thanks for a great day, Enzo. It was fabulous meeting another CB1100 owner and seeing his bike.

Edited to include the Harley I missed the first time.
 
It's a new Australian record! Nice pictures. I think those qualify as mountains in the background and I love em!

Glad you guys were able to get together for a ride and that it was inspired by the forum. That is too cool.
 
C'mon you can do it. Three would be a new record.

You guys are way behind the US in getting bikes together, but you are crushing the Brits :rofl:
 
What do you use to capture the Route Map?
A phone app then upload to Google maps or something?

I use GarminConnect when I feel like bringing my "real" bike GPS( Edge 800)
also works with iPhone app, but would be nice to upload right to Google ...
 
Fantastic pics, as usual, Cormanus! So glad you guys were able to get together. Really glad you shared the trip with us via the forum. Very enjoyable to read about and see. Your bikes look great, guys. Enzo, the aluminum fairing with the blue tank and silver side panels is a beautiful combo!
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
What do you use to capture the Route Map?
A phone app then upload to Google maps or something?

I use GarminConnect when I feel like bringing my "real" bike GPS( Edge 800)
also works with iPhone app, but would be nice to upload right to Google ...
HikerToo, I use Google Maps on the PC after the event. I've posted instructions on how I do it here, http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1769, but if you want help, let me know. I suspect I've learned more/got better at it since I wrote that.

CA200_imp said:
Didn't ya take a picture of the two of you with your bikes? - Great pictures.
No. I failed. We'll have to get together again and rectify that.

Rolls_imp said:
Fantastic pics, as usual, Cormanus! So glad you guys were able to get together. Really glad you shared the trip with us via the forum. Very enjoyable to read about and see. Your bikes look great, guys. Enzo, the aluminum fairing with the blue tank and silver side panels is a beautiful combo!
Thanks, Rolls. The blue is such a lovely colour, but you really need to catch it in the right light. Otherwise it can look as black as mine.

The photo I found really interesting was the one of Enzo from the side and to the rear. Neither of us are big blokes—5'6"-5'8" I'd say—but the bike doesn't look like it will be an 1100 from that picture.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
So, here it is the first photo on this forum of two Australian CB1100s together in one place. Better than that, it happened because of a forum hosted in the USA. In the blue corner, Enzo's CB1100; in the black corner, Cormanus's bike.



I promise they're different colours. For Randy, here's that blue tank,



So we met south of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia at a place called Beaudesert and rode around an area called the Scenic Rim. It's a bit flatter than my part of the world, drier (at the moment) but very attractive none the less. It's bracketed to the south by mountains—probably mere hills in the US context.

Anyway, we had a good ride and an agreeable catch up. Here's the route map and some pictures.

Enzo's Blue CB








Doesn't look like a big bike from this angle ...


Stopped for a very ordinary burger at Rathdowney and met a Harley on his way to NSW ...



Homeward bound ...


Thanks for a great day, Enzo. It was fabulous meeting another CB1100 owner and seeing his bike.

Edited to include the Harley I missed the first time.

Now this is the kind of thing that makes my day.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! Great photos.

All the best,
Guth
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
Nice bikes! But you guys are riding on wrong side of the road.
:D Yeah ... well ...you gotta live a bit dangerously.
 
Thank you for posting your photos! With all the snow here, it is great to see forum members out and riding and giving us a sample of their rides. Would love to be in Australia riding with you two. Both bikes look great! Scenery is beautiful! Enjoy your autumn, hope the cold stays away for a little longer.
 
Back
Top